PDA

View Full Version : again

buglebe
09-07-2008, 11:56 AM
I know over the yrs we have done this many times before, but once again where do you live?

I live in a suburb of Birmingham, Al, grew up in Florence, Al

also lived in Colbert Heights,Al; Ft Lee, Virginia, and Pompano Beach , Fl

I have close relatives in Ohio;
Atlanta,Ga;
Auburn, Al;
Muscle Shoals, Al;
Jacksonville, Fl;
Holmes Beach, Fl;
Tampa, Fl;

My kids have lived in
Siler City, NC;
Asheville, NC
Sarasota, Fl
Pompano Beach, Fl
Holmes Beach, Fl
Atlanta, Ga

One of my grandmothers lived in Greenville, Pa so I spent a lot of summers there. My cousins lived in Andover, Ohio and the other cousins lived in Auburn, Al. so I have spent time in those places too.

What places do you have close ties with? This could be so interesting. I love to travel. I would like to live in about 10 different places in the US for about 3 months each.
Which place did you live that you liked the best? the least?

dinosmom
09-07-2008, 11:59 AM
Chicago-the GREATEST city in the world!!!!!!

SLance68
09-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Orlando, FL. Both of my parents were from AL. Mom - Enterprise, Dad - Birmingham. Have lots of family in both areas along with Atlanta, GA. Great Grandparents on Mom's side are all from Enterprise, AL and my Dad's Mom's Family was from Germany (Grandmother first one born in USA) and Dad's Dad was from Dahlonega, GA. So we are all died in the wool Southerners.

tarasdream
09-07-2008, 12:18 PM
i was born in lynchburg virginia, i now live in tampa fl. i have relatives in alabama, lynchburg and richmond virginia,north carolina and leesburg fl

Jenefer3
09-07-2008, 12:21 PM
I live in Washington State, near the Oregon border.

My family is from Park Falls, Wisconsin

I have ties with:
Paoli, Indiana
Phoenixville, Pennsylvania
Damascus, Maryland
Pasco, Washington
Bogota, Columbia
Doha Qatar (near the country of Jordan)
Cabo San Lucas
oh and I can't forget Las Vegas, Nevada ;)

tuggerbug
09-07-2008, 12:22 PM
Jacksonville, FL. Born and raised in Malvern, PA. Lived in Eclectic, AL, Bristol, FL, Brooklyn, NY, Reading, Pa. Family is all Pa. Dutch. So glad to be in the south!

April78945
09-07-2008, 12:25 PM
I am in Taunton, MA (been here almost 8 years)
I grew up in Pembroke, MA..small town, no street lights, everyone knew each other, everyone had each other's house keys, everyone had a fruit/veg stand and at least 1 goat and chicken coop. I couldn't wait to get out of there and now that I have lived in this disgusting city for 7 years I can't wait to get back there.

may1792
09-07-2008, 01:11 PM
Born in East Liverpool, OH. As a child lived in Leesburg, Fl; Wildwood, FL; Gainsville, FL; Webster, FL (and probably more that I can't remember)

As an adult lived in Orlando, St. Cloud, Summerfield, Wildwood, Floral City, and Lake Panasoffkee, FL

Also, Great Falls, MT; David City, NE; Kannapolis, NC

And now Hickory, NC....hopefully I am done with the moving...lol

ElleGee
09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
I was born in Pawtucket RI, grew up in Bristol and Providence RI, lived in Cranston RI for a little while , and now we own a house in Providence..

MizzouLady
09-07-2008, 01:31 PM
Bunceton, MO, a rural town of about 350 people, located about halfway between Sedalia and Columbia. I live in the house I grew up in and that my parents built, moved back here about 12 years ago following a divorce, and to help my widowed mother (she passed about 3 years ago).

I've also lived in:
Boonville, MO
Kansas City, MO
St. Louis, MO
Columbia, MO
Branson MO (back in the 70s before it became so famous)

teenap
09-07-2008, 02:45 PM
MA and NH

keoka3
09-07-2008, 03:05 PM
I live in Athens, TN, a small town but from Tellico Plains, TN. that is where my mom still lives and I wonder when she dies if I would ever move back up there, which I doubt it is a smaller town with no red lights, and everyone use to know each other but there has been a lot of people move up there from Florida cause they like the mountains better, so i don't know that many people up there any more. that is the only places I have lived, I have cousins in Lawrenceburg In, and Middletown and Waynesville Oh. We are a very small family, I love Daytona Beach FL, would love to live in Fl.

msmom79
09-07-2008, 03:17 PM
I Live In Cuba,mo-born In Cape Mo-have Lived In Ind-ill-texas-always Come Back To Mo-guess Cause Me Moms Here,and It Is A Very Pretty State

cabby92
09-07-2008, 05:02 PM
I live in a small town in NW PA (really small, less than 400 people). I grew up west of Cleveland, OH and moved to north Texas when I got married. Then we went to Sheffield, AL then Reno. I went back to TX, then to the Bay Area, back to TX and then here after my son was diagnosed with malignant melonoma. No more south for us.

Corinna
09-07-2008, 08:59 PM
I live in Mars Hill NC. Have lived in Asheville and Weaverville, both in NC. Lived in Mars Hill most of my life though.

morgansmom
09-08-2008, 07:04 AM
I live in Lockhart,SC Was born in Cleveland TN and parents moved to Union,SC when I was just a few monthes old. Close family still in TN and some in Raleigh,NC I lived in Union which is just 12 miles from where I am now for 24 years.

lisarae
09-08-2008, 07:17 AM
I live in Ashland, KY and just moved back here from Catlettsburg KY. Only 25 minutes away. LOL I never went far from home.

peaceluver
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM
I started out in Metropolis, IL and moved to Brookport, IL when in my early teens. Now I am back in Metropolis.

My DH grew up in AL and has family in Muscle Shoals, Florence, Sherifeild, and Tuscumbia.

Unicornmom77
09-08-2008, 08:35 AM
I live in Salina Ks. We have lived in Bentonville, Arkansas - Medford, Oregon - Olympia, Washington - Evansville, Indiana - Owensboro, Kentucky - Lincoln, Kansas - And I think that is it! Lol I hope to live back here in Salina for many years to come.

MistyWolf
09-08-2008, 10:26 AM
Born and raised in Cleveland, Ohio. I lived in Yuma, Arizona for 2 years (oldest was born there) .. we have family there. Would love to live in Florida and some day will .. have friends there .. actually we have family and friends through out the country .. Pa, Il, Wisc, Ca, Ut, Va, NM, Nv, In, Az, Fl, .. brother is stationed in Mo, if I go through my phone book, I could get more ..lol. I write a lot of out of town/state Christmas cards .. lol

sunrise914
09-08-2008, 10:34 AM
Ok born in Weirton, WV grew up in Steubenville/Wintersville Oh, have moved to Central Texas(loved it), South Dakota(didn't love it so much), back to Northern WV and now Eastern WV.
Would love to live in Georgia and may someday