PDA

View Full Version : I do read rulez!

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 12:22 PM
On the 1 oz. jar of salve,I stated that I had done a search,and was sorry if it was a repost! That part was deleted and a curt reprimand was given by ahippiechic. I did two searches,one was advanced.Once again,sorry for the repost! I give up!

pammc55
09-05-2008, 12:54 PM
I have never posted, been a little skittish about doing a repost myself. I have noticed a couple of times that the timing was really close. Does that play into some of the double posting?

Char
09-05-2008, 12:59 PM
I hear ya. Sorry. You're not alone.

ahippiechic
09-05-2008, 01:21 PM
That's what we put when it's a repost. I just searched for 'salve' and about 6 posts came up.

oreo
09-05-2008, 01:23 PM
I am afraid to post too. Not worth getting attacked if you make a mistake.

ahippiechic
09-05-2008, 01:24 PM
I am afraid to post too. Not worth getting attacked if you make a mistake.

No one got attacked.

buglebe
09-05-2008, 01:26 PM
jbbarn, I'm so sorry. You have to be more than thick skinned to come here.
You have to have skin of steel. And then tread carefully and be careful what you say and who you say it to. I'm sorry this happened to you. Something similar has happened to most of us. But we keep coming back? I can't say why. I guess we just keep hoping it will return to the nice place it used to be.

ahippiechic
09-05-2008, 01:28 PM
You have to have skin of steel. And then tread carefully and be careful what you say and who you say it to. I'm sorry this happened to you. Something similar has happened to most of us. But we keep coming back? I can't say why. I guess we just keep hoping it will return to the nice place it used to be.

That has always been the rule here. We usually delete the 1st few reposts, then if the member keeps reposting, then we lock them and leave that msg. Then we give infractions.

oreo
09-05-2008, 01:29 PM
Maybe this individual wasn't but I have seen several attacks here. I return for the freebies but I will never post because of that nonsense.

Char
09-05-2008, 01:34 PM
From what I remember, a repost was only a bad thing if it were posted more than once on the first two or three pages, older posts were left alone. If the old post was over a year ago, the new 'repost' was considered a new post.

There is always the 'merge' option as well, where all the same posts get merged together... and the vBulletin forum is set up to automatically put the OP on the top, as the 'original poster'. It's a nicer way to give credit to both the OP, and to the newest poster... bacause all are trying to be good, posting, contributing members.

Maybe we could all email the board owners... that members are being really turned off, that, the 'rules' could be changed, or at least relaxed.

JustDoIt
09-05-2008, 01:34 PM
And another round of who done who wrong begins on BBS.

Wonder if anyone bothers to check how many times complaining about a repost has been reposted.

:lol

Char
09-05-2008, 01:39 PM
And another round of who done who wrong begins on BBS.

Wonder if anyone bothers to check how many times complaining about a repost has been reposted.

:lol

They really are a problem when there are two, three, or more reposts on the first several pages. Not really for me, I just go past them... but, to some it is annoying, and I see how it could be. No arguement there.

ahippiechic
09-05-2008, 01:40 PM
From what I remember, a repost was only a bad thing if it were posted more than once on the first two or three pages, older posts were left alone. If the old post was over a year ago, the new 'repost' was considered a new post.

There is always the 'merge' option as well, where all the same posts get merged together... and the vBulletin forum is set up to automatically put the OP on the top, as the 'original poster'. It's a nicer way to give credit to both the OP, and to the newest poster... bacause all are trying to be good, posting, contributing members.

Maybe we could all email the board owners... that members are being really turned off, that, the 'rules' could be changed, or at least relaxed.

The rules since I joined was that you searched for whatever you were going to post, and if it came up to bump the original and not repost it. It doesn't matter if the original was posted in 2000, if it's the same link. Why have 2 or 3 posts (no matter the date) for the exact same freebie offer?

And when we DON'T get rid of the reposts, we get complaints about how cluttered the freebie forum is with reposts and a full box of complaints and reported posts because they are reposts.

sheila_361
09-05-2008, 01:43 PM
if you would post and take the time to get to know people, you'd think differently, this place is awesome!!!!!

Char
09-05-2008, 01:45 PM
The rules since I joined was that you searched for whatever you were going to post, and if it came up to bump the original and not repost it. It doesn't matter if the original was posted in 2000, if it's the same link. Why have 2 or 3 posts (no matter the date) for the exact same freebie offer?

And when we DON'T get rid of the reposts, we get complaints about how cluttered the freebie forum is with reposts and a full box of complaints and reported posts because they are reposts.

But, you're not getting rid of the reposts... just locking them and leaving there. Again, I ask... why not merge them, and everyone is happy.

I know what the rules are/were, but, they have never been 'unbreakable' like they are now. People are feeling offended being told, in bold print, to "read the rules'. And because you have been here almost as long as myself, you also know the reposts were not bumped from ages ago... in fact, there were extra postings in the forums by, I think it was Alex, to just ignore reposts, to just pass them up... that sometimes reposts were a good thing, helped people not miss a good freebie.

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 01:49 PM

Thanx buglebe.
I have indeed noticed that you are one of the nice ones here.I think it depends a lot on whether you agree with certain people on other issues.
Anyway,thanks for the kind words.I am plenty thick skinned,but I won't waste my time on pettiness.

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 01:52 PM

I accidently made a repost that originated in DEC.2007.
I searched twice and didn't find anything.

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 01:55 PM
Quote from justdoit:And another round of who done who wrong begins on BBS.

Bite me!
That was uncalled for.I'm very new at posting freebies.I certainly didn't ask for your sympathy,or the mod's!

JustDoIt
09-05-2008, 02:57 PM
Go bite yourself Dracula. Hey, you wanna whine an complain bout RULES, then be my guest. Not everyone gets their knickers in a knot and needs to make a post everytime they are told they have a repost. For some who is so thick-skinned and won't waste their time with such pettiness, you sure are riled up. And believe me, I wasn't giving you any sympathy. Next time you don't want a differing opinion, don't post on a PUBLIC vent and whine board.

galeane29
09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
http://finewhyfine.typepad.com/fine_why_fine/images/popcorn.bmp
(http://finewhyfine.typepad.com/fine_why_fine/images/popcorn.bmp)

gmyers
09-05-2008, 03:10 PM
Its funny how people like to say when they insult people that they're just giving a differing opinion. And that you shouldn't be so thin skinned or get your panties in a bunch.

tngirl
09-05-2008, 03:18 PM
Its funny how people like to say when they insult people that they're just giving a differing opinion. And that you shouldn't be so thin skinned or get your panties in a bunch.
Jedi was posting a "funny", I actually thought it was funny:rofl: .

The OP was the one coming back being rude in telling her to "bite me" and I did not see one insult in Jedi's reply. So, who is being insulting?

Oh, wanted to add. And when was this board ever nice? A nice place yep, still is, but it was never nice as you imply. I guess you guys keep coming back because you love the drama so much and what better place to start it? Why BBS, of course! This is the most lenient board around.

JustDoIt
09-05-2008, 03:20 PM
She thought it was a good thing to start a post complaining about being told to follow rules. I posted that it has already been done 5 million times. She thinks it was unfair, I think hippie had every right to do what she did. Ta-da. Differing opinions. Wow.....must have been hard to grasp.

:rolleyes

galeane29
09-05-2008, 03:22 PM
Hey Jedi...how you doin'? :) LOL

JustDoIt
09-05-2008, 03:40 PM
Not too bad April, and how's about you? You guys are never on when I wanna chit chat. :( I miss our late night talks about burnt boobies and popcorn. :lol

iluvmybaby
09-05-2008, 04:04 PM
On the 1 oz. jar of salve,I stated that I had done a search,and was sorry if it was a repost! That part was deleted and a curt reprimand was given by ahippiechic. I did two searches,one was advanced.Once again,sorry for the repost! I give up!

Well I am sorry but now we have to tar and feather you, and hang you from the rafters. Jbbarn, I am sure hippie wasn't editing the post to be malicious. Thank you for trying to share this freebie with us, I sincerely appreciate it. Please dont be shy about posting, in any forum, and dont take it personally if a thread is edited because it is a accident repost. Thanks again, and I hope that you have a great weekend

tsquared
09-05-2008, 04:33 PM
This could all be cut to a minimum if the board owner would turn on the addition for checking reposted posts......... If something of the same nature has been previously posted a box pops up that says are you sure this is not a repost and lists the other threads that are the same thing or similar. I know vbulletin has the add on cause other vbulletin sites have it.

msmom79
09-05-2008, 04:33 PM
I HAVE HAD A FEW POST THAT I HAVE POSTED IN BE LOCKED-I SEE NOTHING WRONG WITH WHAT HIPPIE DID-SHE WASNT TRYING TO BE MEAN-SHE;S JUST GOING BY THE RULES-SO HERE;S MY TAKE :deal: WITH :rules .JMHO

buglebe
09-05-2008, 06:18 PM
She thought it was a good thing to start a post complaining about being told to follow rules. I posted that it has already been done 5 million times. She thinks it was unfair, I think hippie had every right to do what she did. Ta-da. Differing opinions. Wow.....must have been hard to grasp.

This is an example of the kind of post that is so rude and uncalled for. This is an example of what I spoke of before in another post of being mean. JMHO
And nothing will be said about it. If anything I will be the one banned for saying something about it.

tngirl
09-05-2008, 06:23 PM
This is an example of the kind of post that is so rude and uncalled for. This is an example of what I spoke of before in another post of being mean. JMHO
And nothing will be said about it. If anything I will be the one banned for saying something about it.
That was a post in response to a post where the poster was being rude to her. And please, stop being so dramatic. Like something so insignificant would get you banned.

ahippiechic
09-05-2008, 06:25 PM
We tell members to ignore the reposts and not reply to them, as that just keeps them bumped up to the top. Just report the them and move on. We'll take care of them. And the reason we started editing the posts and locking them is that after deleting so many of them, that could be avoided if a search was done, we thought that a reminder to read the rules about searching was necessary. I post the same thing every time I lock a repost, no matter who posts it.

I'm sorry that some don't like the rules here. But we treat every one the same. There are some rules here that I don't like either, and that word filter stays on my last nerve! Yet I have to follow them and enforce them. No choice if I want to continue posting here.

galeane29
09-05-2008, 06:34 PM
Not too bad April, and how's about you? You guys are never on when I wanna chit chat. :( I miss our late night talks about burnt boobies and popcorn. :lol

Okay, I don't remember any talk about burnt boobies but that could have been a night I was drinking LMAO
Things are hectic on the home front so I've had little time to get online.
If you would like you can add me to IM:)

ahippiechic
09-05-2008, 06:34 PM

If we edit every snide comment or negative remark on here, we'dstay busy 24/7. We ARE NOT babysitters.
They disagree, no big deal, they were both snide, end of story. I don't understand why you want everyone punished so much. There was time when this board was like that and the membership really dropped. I for one don't want to go back to that, being afraid to say much because you worried about being banned for no reason.

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 06:50 PM
Go bite yourself Dracula. Hey, you wanna whine an complain bout RULES, then be my guest. Not everyone gets their knickers in a knot and needs to make a post everytime they are told they have a repost. For some who is so thick-skinned and won't waste their time with such pettiness, you sure are riled up. And believe me, I wasn't giving you any sympathy. Next time you don't want a differing opinion, don't post on a PUBLIC vent and whine board.

I have no problem with differing opinions.You didn't offer any differing opinions.You jumped in with sarcasm.MYOB! I wanted some intelligent insight shed on this probllem.I don't know a lot about the freebee board yet..Apparently you know everything.Why don't you write a book and send me a copy.Now go take your freakin' meds!

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Jedi was posting a "funny", I actually thought it was funny:rofl: .

The OP was the one coming back being rude in telling her to "bite me" and I did not see one insult in Jedi's reply. So, who is being insulting?

Oh, wanted to add. And when was this board ever nice? A nice place yep, still is, but it was never nice as you imply. I guess you guys keep coming back because you love the drama so much and what better place to start it? Why BBS, of course! This is the most lenient board around.

Oh she was indeed rude! She came out swinging with sarcasm!

tngirl
09-05-2008, 06:53 PM
Dang it Jedi!!:slap Now see what you have gone and done?!?!?!?:getyou

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 06:58 PM

No I was not complaining about following the rules! Please go back and have someone read my post to you.Take a deep breath and after awhile,some of it's meaning might seep through the dense membranes covering your brain! If you can't offer something in the way of civility(even if you disagree),then please shut the hell up!
Thank you in advance.

tngirl
09-05-2008, 07:01 PM
No I was not complaining about following the rules! Please go back and have someone read my post to you.Take a deep breath and after awhile,some of it's meaning might seep through the dense membranes covering your brain! If you can't offer something in the way of civility(even if you disagree),then please shut the hell up!
Thank you in advance.
It is called a meninges.

JKATHERINE
09-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Thank you in advance.

Holy Moly! Take a chill pill, Chica! Deep breaths. Repeat after me, "It's only an online forum. It's only an online forum."

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 07:03 PM
If we edit every snide comment or negative remark on here, we'dstay busy 24/7. We ARE NOT babysitters.
They disagree, no big deal, they were both snide, end of story. I don't understand why you want everyone punished so much. There was time when this board was like that and the membership really dropped. I for one don't want to go back to that, being afraid to say much because you worried about being banned for no reason.

I get the feeling that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion on ANY thread lives in fear of just that possibility. "JMHO"

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 07:08 PM
It is called a meninges.

Yes I know..Thus the word meningitis....an inflammation of the membranes covering the brain.I just didn't think your friend could comprehend it.

msmom79
09-05-2008, 07:08 PM
I get the feeling that anyone who doesn't agree with your opinion on ANY thread lives in fear of just that possibility. "JMHO"

now thats just not fair to hippie-she is only going by the rules- stop starting chit-please just let it go

JKATHERINE
09-05-2008, 07:09 PM

Personally, whenever I see Hippie's online, I spend the entire time shaking in my boots. I'm skeered. Very skeered.

tngirl
09-05-2008, 07:09 PM
OMG!!! When will the whining ever stop?!?!?!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y233/displacedtngirl/AVATARS/sign129.gif

Jenefer3
09-05-2008, 07:10 PM

not true - I don't agree with things hippie says or thinks, but I don't live in fear of her. If I say something and it gets me edited or banned, it's okay, life still goes on. If I make a repost of something and it gets locked and that repost comment made, once again, it's okay, life still goes on.

Sometimes I do feel that people aren't being treated fairly or it seems like some people get special treatment, but if that's truly the case, well, whatever, life still goes on.

tngirl
09-05-2008, 07:10 PM
Yes I know..Thus the word meningitis....an inflammation of the membranes covering the brain.I just didn't think your friend could comprehend it.
Hence, meningioma.

My "friend" can comprehend much more than you can obviously.

ilovecats
09-05-2008, 07:12 PM
Thank you in advance.

I will civilly disagree.It sounded like a complaint/vent to me.I don't see where you are asking for advice?Not picking on you,just giving my opinion based on what I read.

JKATHERINE
09-05-2008, 07:13 PM

This is the whine that never endsssss, yes it goes on and on my friendsssssss...

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Hence, meningioma.

My "friend" can comprehend much more than you can obviously.

What's your deal?
All this over a question about posting a freebie?
If you want to discuss medicine,I guess we'll have to make time for that later.
Thanks for the insightful help you've given me.

gmyers
09-05-2008, 07:17 PM

Well it is the vent and whine section if you don't want to read any vents or whines why are yoiu in this section.

jbbarn
09-05-2008, 07:18 PM
This is the whine that never endsssss, yes it goes on and on my friendsssssss...

I guess when you leave this thread.Sounds like you're doing some whining yourself,hmmmmm?

tngirl
09-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Uh oh!! Was that caution sign for me? And you are the one that brought up the subject of the meninges, not me...lol.

And what question was that you were asking? Funny how so many people took it as being a whine and not you asking a question. If you had a question for a mod then you could have pm'd them with your question.

Instead, you come here and start accusing hippie...once again...of playing favorites. Do I need to copy my cpuser screen for you to see who gives me my infractions? Hmmmm? Would that make you SHUT THE HELL UP?

ahippiechic
09-05-2008, 07:30 PM

If they are so scared to disagree with me on here, then why the hell do they do it all the time? Go look in the N&I forum and see how many people disagree with me then see how many of them are banned.

Did you people hear that?? Be afraid....very afraid.....and you must agree with me from now on or else!
(do you hear that TNgirl & Galeanne???)

Now since I've skurred everyone away from disagreeing, I'm going to the pool for some BBQ and Tequila!

And y'all will have to argue elsewhere.