PDA

View Full Version : What a Labor Day weekend

YNKYH8R
09-01-2008, 11:04 AM
Had a good size get together yesterday. Everyone was enjoying grilled food, classic rock, and cool drinks by the pool. And as the evening wore one we stoked the outside firepit, turned on the lit palm tree and relaxed with some brews into the evening.

Today it's 102 in the sun.

Small gathering by the pool.

Great anti-labor day.

LOL! Hope everyone had fun.

GL to those in LA.

evrita
09-01-2008, 11:44 AM
Sounds like fun.. Stay safe I have worked all weekend and today I go home at 15:00 and will chill with my family.

Jevonna
09-01-2008, 03:13 PM
Have a great time!!

JerseyMook
09-01-2008, 03:19 PM
That sounds like a perfect weekend!

We stayed close to home too - my son in law left for Iraq today so we were not really in a celebratory mood.

dinosmom
09-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Every Labor Day my neighbor throws a big bash and has a pool party. Then he closes the pool for the yr with the help of all of the guys. Its been a beautiful weekend here in Chicago-not a cloud in the sky!!!! We had a BLAST this weekend. Good food, good drinks and GREAT friends! Right now all of the guys are helping with the pool. The kids start school tomorrow. boo hoo Summer is over!

galeane29
09-01-2008, 04:09 PM
My Labor Day weekend has sucked eggs

ahippiechic
09-01-2008, 04:42 PM
Sat we had a pool party and cookout. Yesterday we went to BBQ and today we moved furniture and rearranged the house and now are setting up the grill to feed these that helped. :)

nanajoanie
09-01-2008, 06:46 PM
Today I just relaxed. Company here from MI and Sat. we went to a steak house for dinner, our firepit where the kidlettes grilled s'mores and the adults threw back a few brewskis and wine, then finished it all off with over an hour in the built-in hottub down in the patio. I wanted to sleep all day Sun. but had to wait till today. So I labored at sleep during a rare nap.

jedmatters
09-01-2008, 06:58 PM
Decided to change rooms around....
Daughter moved into the den (so we painted it a deep mauve)
Changed her room into an office (painted it tan) no more den
Painted the now daughter's bathroom yellow and turquoise
Painted son's room concrete grey and olive green (he is off at the university: and has no idea we are doing this!!!!)
Have a TV, couch, chair, shelves, and various other un-needed items now in my garage! Going to have to have4 a garage saler next weekend just to get my garage back.

Not going to tell our son: just wait for him to come down Thanksgiving: SURPRISE!!!!