PDA

View Full Version : So, How are all the kids doing?

Renrut
08-28-2008, 11:32 AM
Most of our Bbs kidlets are back in school so I am wondering how they are all doing.

This is only my son's 2nd day of 8th grade and he said it's boring. They now have off friday through monday. Big ole 2 days of school for this week.

His schedule seems really easy for some reason but he said its "cool" I swear if I could get him to eat somehting else but a chicken patty everyday for lunch it will be all good.

No homework so far and everything else seems to be going smooth.

How bout you?

may1792
08-28-2008, 11:38 AM
This is my daughter's 4th day of 8th grade. She's already looking forward to the Labor Day 3 day weekend. Said its been boring so far, with teachers just going over all the class rules and what is expected of them. She has a tough schedule this year, so she's not going to be bored for long. :D

Renrut
08-28-2008, 11:39 AM
Yeah, I don't understand why they have Friday off here along with Monday-sucks!

stetne
08-28-2008, 11:40 AM
This is our 2nd week of school - I have twins boys in 6th grade and a daughter in 9th. Everyone started having homework the 2nd & 3rd days of school. Everyone is already counting down to Winter Break!!!

BBELEAZAHR
08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
School doesnt start till next week here. My oldest is having her surgery tomorrow for her finger so she may not start till the following week depending on how it goes.

jedmatters
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
Friday (August 29) marks the end of the first six weeks. My daughter is in the 6th grade this year.
Homework everyday with Math (not much: 15 minutes a day)
2 major projects already done: one in science, one in math. She enjoyed them
She has all next week off, and Monday the 8th.
Then back for 6 more weeks.
She seems ok with school: it is these dratted pre-teen unscheduled MOOD SWINGS I could do without.
__________________________________________________ ________
My son started freshman year in college a week ago. First class was just last Thursday! He loves it so far. He has 17 hours on his schedule!
5 classes, a lab and a freshman orientation.

I MISS HIM!

Mom2-3boys
08-28-2008, 12:18 PM
all my kids are loving it esp. my 5 y/o that just started K he thinks riding the bus is the greatest thing and he pays very close attention to what his teacher says! Last night my 2 older boys were picking at each other and my 5 y/o said "Guys criss cross applesauce SHHHH!" and he sits down and crosses his legs and hands in front of him "Keep your hands to yourself". I guess it isn't as fun when I say it cause I am constantly telling all of them lol

ahippiechic
08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
My DD started 2nd grade after her 2 week summer break, she likes it a lot. They are doing multiplication and cursive, looks cute to see all her cursive writing in her journal, lol! She also loves the animal classification they are doing in science because they use a game similar to Zoo Tycoon as a study aid.

She also has new best friend and a 'he is fine but not my BF' little boy who follows her around all the time. :D

sandooch
08-28-2008, 12:29 PM
This has been an eventful few months for my girls (17 and 14). First, we had to move from the house they grew up in and in a new city...a 30-minute ride to and from their school. Then my youngest started her Freshmen year of high school and my oldest her Senior year.

My oldest has been sad lately, and she finally admitted to me it's because she knows it's her last year, and since we live far away from her friends, she know she won't see them as often once school ends. That and knowing she has to start college next year is scary to her.

Not too much homework so far, but the school year is still young. lol

dinosmom
08-28-2008, 01:09 PM
My DS doesnt start until next week. He is very excited though. He has been setting his alarm and practicing getting up for school. LOL

evrita
08-28-2008, 02:31 PM
First day of school was yesterday my DD is 15 and her 2nd year of highschool. She had math over the summer they had to hand in as the first homework assignment and came home with Wold Culture homework and English homework. She also has Tech design she will be doing this year because she completed a whole year of tech ed last year so normally they would have her do this in her Jr year but the Tech ed teacher wants to try to get her into drafting he said she really has a knack for it.

athomemom
08-28-2008, 03:21 PM
This is my daughter's third week of school. Up in the high school (8th grade) and lots of homework. Tonight is the first Varsity football game and we have homecoming next week!!!! URG still paying for school clothes and now homecoming outfit!! She loves school though so that makes it easier :)

lassss
08-28-2008, 05:19 PM
woohooooo my kid is a senior this year!!! He is actually going to Votech instead of regular HS and that makes him happy

shellysms
08-29-2008, 07:54 AM
This is haley's 3rd week of school this year...she is in the 6th grade.
Not too bad so far. She likes it now..I hope it stays that way.
This school is all 6th graders! so no one younger or older...so far, it's a good thing.
She goes to school earlier this year...bus at 7:15...but gets home early 3:00...so she likes it!!!

Lild
08-29-2008, 07:57 AM
My daughter is loving school, and omg, she is even in bed by 9 now...I guess 1st grade is wearing her out

CLARKS4
08-29-2008, 08:39 AM
We've been in school almost a month and my daughter loves it. This is the first year that she has had a male teacher but she loves him. We have been out the last 3 days though cause we all have that dreaded stomach virus.

ladybugva
08-29-2008, 08:46 AM
we had open house yesterday to meet the teachers and they start on Tues. here.

They are excited I think. DS 9 in 4th gr. will be in a all boys class this yr. so I am interested to see how that goes. He was suggested for it and we gave him the option b/c he is very aware of things like that (will he feel different b/c he isn't in a traditional class?) and he wanted to do it. Sadly they have a female teacher I was hoping for a male.

cabby92
08-29-2008, 09:05 AM
My son started Tuesday, then left at noon on Wednesday and will miss 2 1/2 school days for a trip to Galveston. His dad obviously does not own a calendar to see that he just had three months off.

He loves his really small, private school but is really missing some of the seniors that graduated last year. He's a sophomore. Boy, that sounds old.

Jenefer3
08-29-2008, 09:13 AM
School started yesterday for us, so far so good. My son is in a new school (4th grade) cuz his other one was full of morons and so far he is loving it, he has a male teacher for the first time which I think will be good for him. The girls are in 7th and 8th and so far no complaints...but it's still early so it might change.

MistyWolf
08-29-2008, 09:30 AM
Day two for my kids and so far they like it. They're both doing good.