PDA

View Full Version : Any one want to share

bears984
08-23-2008, 02:15 AM
There stress busters? I have so much stress right now in my life that I can not sleep. I am getting at best 4 hours out of 24. I am depressed to go with it and I cry alot. So what do you do to relieve stress?

gmyers
08-23-2008, 05:04 AM
I'm having the sleeping problem myself. Have had it for a long time. The only way I sleep lately is sleeping pills or waiting till I'm really tired. I'm usually up till 2 or 3 every night and up by 6.

BeanieLuvR
08-23-2008, 09:06 AM
I exercise. I get out and ride my bike for at least an hour as fast as I can. I also take a fast walk. It not only helps relieve stress but will help you sleep better. I cry too but I have to make myself go do something or I will fall into a pit of depression which is not a good thing.

Hugs to both of you. I hope that you are both able to get some sleep soon. :)

Char
08-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Well, I try not to get stressed out... but, I do sometimes. (I'm a friggin' nut behind the wheel of a car...lol, I'm gonna end up in the slammer one of these days !) And, sometimes my hormones make me downright dangerous !

Ok, that said... stress can KILL YOU. They are finding out more and more every day about how hard it is on the body.

Get (and USE) a stressball... I have two of them (one for each hand, even though, you only want to do one hand at a time). It really works ! And, used regularly, can even lower your blood pressure over time !

Put the stressball in your hand, squeeze it as hard as you can (without pain), and hold it for a count of three minutes, then do the other hand. Repeat twice... and do that three times a day if you can. It really does help stress (that's how it got the name 'steress ball'...lol). But, it won't help depression... well, lowering the stress may help, but, it's not a cure.

Oh.............. everything BeanieLuvR said above would help too ! Mine is just an easy, indoor, more relaxed way to de-stress. :D

And always try to de-stress before going to bed ! Maybe take a hot bath or shower, do the stress balls, find something 'light' to read etc... and relax.

My DH suffers from anxiety and stress, finally he's listened to me and chilled out some ! His job is kinda stressful though, being a nurse, he deals with a lot of stressful situations.

My best to you !

janelle
08-23-2008, 09:48 AM
I would go get a through check-up to see if any of it is physical. Then follow the doctor's orders. You may need some meds for awhile. The body does get out of balance at times. Hormones and such.

If you are all clear on that then you can do the home remedy things but if it is chemical those things would just be spinning your wheels.

LitWtch
08-23-2008, 10:30 AM
I take Elavil for the mild drepression/anxiety/sleep problems. A very low dose of 10 mg works great for me. For daily stress, I have a Native American women's music CD that I listen to. I forget who sings it, but one song is called "Women's Round". It is very relaxing for me. I listened to it a lot when my father was sick with cancer and it helped me get through the days.
I bought it at one of those panel type music things in WalMart - you know, the one with the panel to listen to the sample music.

bears984
08-23-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks everyone I know what is stressing me out I just can not do anything about it. I know you should not stress about the things you have no control over but we are human and we do stress. If everything didn't all hit at one time I could cope with it alot better.

JerseyMook
08-23-2008, 05:37 PM
When I have trouble sleeping I mentally decorate the perfect house. I am usually asleep before I make it out of the first room - not sure if it bores me to sleep or just relaxes me but it works.

wyrmslyph
08-23-2008, 07:05 PM
Hm... I imagine its different for everyone. And the cause of the stress matters too. If its something where I am irritated from work, I might log into one of my games to get some relief once I am home. Overall, sketching, baking, or crafting help me to destress. Those are all things I like and they happen to also help. If I doodle at work (which naturally is not allowed so you have to do it on the sly) it makes my day much more easy to cope with.

taz69
08-23-2008, 09:25 PM
hot bath with candles lit-door locked

sheila_361
08-24-2008, 06:50 AM
crocheting is a very good stress reliever, a nice soak in the tub,light some candles, listen to some soft music and lock the door..

diana_circe
08-24-2008, 08:09 AM
bears, when I lay down and then I just lay there and think and think and think. Its hard to turn off your brain when you are worried about things. If you like tea get some chamomile tea, make sure there is no caffeine added (I get loose buds and steep them in a tea ball) and add a tsp of honey. Its very relaxing and even safe for kids. Also, make sure you don't drink any caffeine and/or sugar 3-4 hours before you go to bed. I've heard some say 2 hours, but the longer you stay away the better. Don't exercizse before bed, exercise releases endorphins which keep you elevated and if you have an insomnia issue that will make it worse.

And take Sheila's advise, a nice warm bath in a quiet environment will really help!