PDA

View Full Version : wireless keyboard and mouse

Shann
08-22-2008, 01:57 PM
Who here all has one? We used to have the Logitech one, needless to say - it was horrible, didn't work very well so we plugged in the ones we got w/ this computer and the keyboard is acting up. Half the time the damn space bar doesn't work. :( Very annoying. So, we are looking at getting another wireless and wanted to know what you all have and if you like them. We're looking at a Microsoft one, I think it's like 3000 for the model number...can't quite remember, something like that. Any recommendations? TIA :rainbow

ahippiechic
08-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I have this one, I really like it and haven't had any problems with it....
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=082

socks1211
08-22-2008, 03:00 PM
logitech is guaranteed for pretty long that is what i have an i do love it matter of fact i have to e mail them about my mouse

rlynn411
08-22-2008, 05:53 PM
MY DS has a microsoft one - he loves it and has had no problems.

tuggerbug
08-22-2008, 07:11 PM
I have logitech keyboard. No problems with it at all. I love it. The mouse is a Targus, it eats batteries, but other than that it's fine.

Shann
08-23-2008, 01:03 AM
thank you ladies, we've decided on which one we're going to get and I cannot wait!!! No more space bar that doesn't like to work!!! whoo hoo! :dancing:

justme23
08-23-2008, 08:33 AM
http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=094

This is the one I have. I would go back to a logitech in a heartbeat. I like the overall appearance and general feel of my set but microsofts are bad about missing keys (when typing). I knew it from various gamer reviews when I bought it but I went ahead w/ it anyways. I'm not so dissatisfied that I would throw it out but the next set I buy will definitely be a logitech.

LunaChick
08-23-2008, 12:05 PM

This is the one I have. I would go back to a logitech in a heartbeat. I like the overall appearance and general feel of my set but microsofts are bad about missing keys (when typing). I knew it from various gamer reviews when I bought it but I went ahead w/ it anyways. I'm not so dissatisfied that I would throw it out but the next set I buy will definitely be a logitech.

totally off topic but I have to ask...are you a gamer? :)

Now back to topic: I use a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse and absolutely love it.

justme23
08-23-2008, 02:33 PM
totally off topic but I have to ask...are you a gamer? :)

Now back to topic: I use a wireless Logitech keyboard and mouse and absolutely love it.

It depends on the game of course. Right now I am loving Titan Quest. I played Diablo 2 for years. If you have to pay to play online, then no, cause hubby thinks this practice is stupid and won't even consider them.

Shann
08-23-2008, 02:59 PM

that's the one we just bought. Ugh if we have missing keys I'm going to be PO'd. I've all ready dealt w/ a Logitech that must have not liked us, then this one that the space bar doesn't like to work on.. LOL I just want a good working keyboard. We shall see. Thanks all :)

SLance68
08-23-2008, 03:08 PM
I have this one (not wireless) http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mouseandkeyboard/productdetails.aspx?pid=022

I bought it in 1998 and it still works great. But, anyone that uses my computer HATES it due to the split design - which I love.

LunaChick
08-23-2008, 04:25 PM
It depends on the game of course. Right now I am loving Titan Quest. I played Diablo 2 for years. If you have to pay to play online, then no, cause hubby thinks this practice is stupid and won't even consider them.

Ahh I understand the pay to play thing. I play Guild Wars and Cabal at the moment. Soon, Diablo 3 will be out. I used to play D2 a lot and then hubby built a module for NWN that is still popular after all these years. I just can't get back into NWN. The game play seems so slow compared to Guild Wars and Cabal. If you're interested in online gaming, check us out. URL is in my siggy. Oh btw, Guild Wars and Cabal are not pay to play.

To OP: Sorry to hijack. I'm always on the lookout for gamers. :)

justme23
08-23-2008, 05:15 PM
I'm totally stoked for D3. I can't wait. I've never heard of Cabal. Gonna check it out. We don't have a legit GW but I hear it's pretty nice... didn't the makes of D2 make it?

LunaChick
08-23-2008, 06:48 PM
Guild Wars is made by Arena.net. I think they are affiliated with battle.net.

fjp999
08-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Just in case you are still looking for another wireless KB I would highly recommend the Apple. It is just amazing! The styling is obviously one of the best and response can not be beat!

I use three AA rechargeable batteries and I dont really recall when I changed the batteries.