PDA

View Full Version : UPDATED! The New Features and the Rules 10/13/09

ahippiechic
08-21-2008, 12:09 PM
To leave someone rep, click on the scales on the left, under their username and info and add a comment. To see rep left for you, go to your User cp.

The "rep" feature was added so you can leave other members comments about a post they make. The rep falls under the same rules as posting and sending PMs. You can disagree but no name calling etc. If we have to start spending all our time editing hateful rep, then we'll just disable it altogether.
There is a reason that the "I disapprove' rep is disabled for members. And before people start PM'ing us to edit all their rep, we aren't going to be editing it unless we think it necessary.
This isn't the huggle snuggle board. We are a big and diverse group with strong opinions.

Social Groups
Now that we can have social groups here I want to remind everyone that the regular forum rules apply to the discussions in those groups as well. They're not for debate, no name calling, ref links etc etc. Even if they are private, they are still subject to the rules. After the 1st warning, I will be giving suspensions and after that I will be removing you from the group permanently.

You can get a list of the Social Groups through the 'Group Memberships' section on your public profile.

To join a group, click the group title then click 'Join Group'. When you have joined a group, its name will be shown in your public profile.

You can create your own social group. Go to the groups page and click 'Create A New Group'. Complete the title and description for your group then select the type. Your group can be public (where anyone can join) or by invite only.

Also, please be aware that the posts you make in the Social Groups & visitor's messages you leave for people ARE NOT private.

Visitor Messages
Also about leaving members 'visitor messages' on their profile; like the rep, it should be within the rules of the forum and not to be used to leave offensive messages. NOTE: you can delete messages left for you if you don't like them. These messages are viewable by anyone who view your profile.

Profile Settings
You can go into your userCP and adjust the setting of your profile, including which groups can view it. (Everyone, Conacts, Friends etc)

Friends & Contacts

A friendship request is sent by a member and must be accepted by the other member. But you can add anyone to your contacts list. You can see your friends & contacts by going to your userCp and clicking on 'Contacts and Friends. They're also on your public profile page.

To request a friendship with some you can view their profile page and click the 'Befriend' link.

To accept a friend, go to your 'Contacts and Friends' page or your public profile & at the bottom there is a place for accepting or rejecting friend requests.

To break a friendship with someone, go to either your 'Contacts and Friends' page & uncheck the box for the person you no longer want as a friend. OR you can go to your public profile page and click on 'friends' find the friend and then click on "Break Friendship'.

As far as adding friends, rejecting friend requests and breaking friendships goes, I'm sure that will happen, as they're are so many diverse members here, but just remember...it's just a message board and everyone might not want to be your friend. Nothing to start feuds and arguments on the board over.

So we hope you enjoy all the new features but if it's something you can't post on the board, then don't put it in someone's rep, visitor messages, PM's, social groups etc. either.

And I just want re state an old rule here about this board in general.....Keep things from other boards and chat at the other boards and chat. We have enough trouble and pot stirring of our own, we don't need to import any from elsewhere.

Also adding...Please do not post news stories ad articles here, they go in the News and Information forum. And do not bring debates here from stories posted in the News and Information forum.

ahippiechic
03-02-2009, 08:16 AM
Bump!

ahippiechic
03-28-2009, 08:08 AM
OK, everyone needs to read the these rules about the new features, especially the Social groups. The must follow the same rules as regular posts AND they can bee seen by anyone, even if they aren't in that group.

I would hate to see any groups get closed.

ahippiechic
04-02-2009, 07:49 AM
OK, everyone needs to read the these rules about the new features, especially the Social groups. The must follow the same rules as regular posts AND they can bee seen by anyone, even if they aren't in that group.

I would hate to see any groups get closed.

Just bumping this up again. YOU CANNOT post ANYTHING in a social group that can't be posted on the board, the SAME rules apply. And if it continues, don't be surprised when the group gets closed and you get suspended.
The groups ARE NOT a place to gather and diss other members

ahippiechic
04-06-2009, 11:06 AM
Just bumping this up again. YOU CANNOT post ANYTHING in a social group that can't be posted on the board, the SAME rules apply. And if it continues, don't be surprised when the group gets closed and you get suspended.
The groups ARE NOT a place to gather and diss other members

Since apparently no one wants to follow thew rules, after the 1st warning, I will be giving suspensions and after that I will be removing you from the group permanently.

ahippiechic
04-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Bump!

ahippiechic
10-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Just to re state...you cannot call some one names (ie ignorant etc) in a social group or in anyone's rep either and I'm tired of having to edit it out. So I'll be giving 'vacations'.

ahippiechic
10-13-2009, 10:06 AM
Bump

ahippiechic
10-13-2009, 08:27 PM
Again, anything you would get in trouble for on the board goes for social groups and peoples visitor messages. Starting crap in there or stirring the pot, is the same as doing it in a post and if it keeps up, will result in permanent banning.

ahippiechic
10-21-2009, 11:31 AM
Please do not post news stories ad articles here, they go in the News and Information forum. And do not bring debates here from stories posted in the News and Information forum.

ahippiechic
11-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Bump. DO NOT post the news stories in the other forums.

ahippiechic
02-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Bump....

Name calling in visitor's messages, rep, social groups and PM's is against the rules, the same as posting it on the board.