PDA

View Full Version : Doctor Visit..

snaeger07
08-19-2008, 11:16 AM
Today, I am officially 35 weeks pregnant today. I went to the doctor and she said, that my baby might be small therefore she fit me into the ultrasound room schedule today. As the lady was doing the measurements it was determined that I have low amniotic fluid. She said something that my levels are suppose to be around 79 and they are 71 (whatever that means). So today I learned from my doctor I also have a small uterus and my baby weighs 4 lbs 15 ounces. :rolleyes:

MistyWolf
08-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Good thoughts for a safe rest of your pregnancy are with you.

snaeger07
08-19-2008, 11:33 AM
Thanks :) I go back next week for another ultrasound. They say it's nothing to worry about but HELLOO lol

MistyWolf
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
They probably just want to see how your fluid is doing. And your are towards the end of your pregnancy and your baby is big enough that if they had to, they could deliver safely.

Try not to stress .. just think good thougths and try to relax ;)

Army-Mom
08-19-2008, 11:40 AM
sending hugs and prayers

April78945
08-19-2008, 11:41 AM
Drink a ton of water, I believe it will help restore or convert to amniotic fluid. I am not too sure but my water was low during the end of my first pg and my dr told me to drink as much water as I could stand.
best of luck!!

tammy77
08-19-2008, 11:51 AM
Im sorry Im no help on the amniotic fluid part but my son weighed 5 lb 9 oz when he was born and he was/is healthy.I had him the day before my due date.I was so shocked he was so small because I was huge(atleast felt like it).At my last ultrasound when I was 32 weeks he weighed 3 lb 10 oz.Since you still have 5 weeks to go hopefully your baby will gain a couple more pounds.
I also had a scare during my pregnancy so I know how you are feeling.My son had fluid around his one kidney which is why I had so many ultrasounds.When he was born they did an ultrasound on him and there was no fluid.I was so scared for those 20 weeks.Im not sure if this is any help at all just wanted to share my story.

BeanieLuvR
08-19-2008, 12:26 PM
I am praying for you and the baby.

CLARKS4
08-19-2008, 01:06 PM
Sending prayers for strength for you. Everything will be okay. Dont worry.

Willow
08-19-2008, 02:50 PM
That must have been scary. I'm glad everything turned out okay. We just got back from our weekly OB appointment. I'm 34 weeks and 2 days today. I had an ultrasound at 32 weeks and our baby also weighed 4lbs 15oz. I will have another ultrasound in two weeks but Thursday I am starting my weekly non stress tests. My oldest weighed 7 lbs 3 1/4 oz. and my youngest weighed 8 lbs 4 oz. We are figuring this baby will be somewhere inbetween that. The tech said that the baby could almost double in size between then and when I deliver. She said she probably won't grow any more in length but her weight will increase. Her belly was measuring 35 weeks and the rest of her was measuring 32 weeks which is how far along I was at the time. They said it's normal because the belly is the first place they gain weight in. Hope everything goes well at your next appointment.

MsLynn
08-19-2008, 02:51 PM
wow. i can't imagine babies that small, i went into preterm labor with my last one after a car wreck, they did an ultra sound and told me he weighed right about 5 lbs... he was born just over a month early and weighed 8lbs 1 oz

teenap
08-19-2008, 03:12 PM
I was 3 pds and that was 35 years ago, Medicine has come a looong way since then
Good luck for you and baby!