PDA

View Full Version : anybody know the area around Linden, TN ?

delSol
08-17-2008, 06:06 PM
I have been searching for a new place to live - I live in South Florida and it is just getting to me - I always said I would never leave my mother, but she passed in april and now I just can't stand it here anymore. I was doing random searches today and went to tennessee real estate and then picked random counties and ran across this town Linden, it looks very pretty, the prices seem great - I'm just wondering if like it is living in texas chain saw massacre (sp) area or deliverence even...and then I'm wondering if places like this even have cable or cops around or what...here, if we call a cop it is like 5 seconds before they come - in a place like Linden is it like 5 hours? I know i may sound dumb, I just really want to find a nice safe place...

Quaker_Parrots
08-17-2008, 06:19 PM
If you are wanting to move to TN, make it worth your while and move to God's country AKA the mountains. Where you are thinking is roughly about halfway between Nashville and Jackson. Rolling hills there, but not much else.

keoka3
08-17-2008, 06:27 PM
I live in Tn but have never heard of Linden

tngirl
08-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Linden is a nice area, very rural with winding narrow roads and hollers (hollows...lol) We went camping down that way back on Memorial Day weekend, maybe like 15 miles from there, down on the Buffalo River. Up the road a bit to your north is Hurricane Mills where Loretta Lynn lives. I was telling my hubby that I wouldn't mind moving up there if the area would support my career. It is a much slower pace, and as far as the police go, well, I can't think of any reason that you would be having to call them that often. But, if you live in town they are right there. It is a beautiful area. The only things is, I don't know what they employment rate is up around there or where people work that live there. They have a lot of nice homes so there must be jobs.

ahippiechic
08-17-2008, 06:47 PM
We used to go camping there when I lived in TN. Very pretty, but rural place.

tngirl
08-17-2008, 06:50 PM
We used to go camping there when I lived in TN. Very pretty, but rural place.
Where'd you go? We went to the Crazy Horse. Normally we would camp over at Hurricane Mills, but now they cater to the dirt racers and have gotten too expensive. Over $25 a nite for primitive camping for 2 people. Crazy Horse was $5 per person straight up per nite. Much better. And the canoe rentals were just $30.

ahippiechic
08-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Crazy Horse is where we went the last 2 times, but that's been about 5 years ago.

tngirl
08-17-2008, 06:55 PM
Crazy Horse is where we went the last 2 times, but that's been about 5 years ago.
That's cool! It was pretty nice, kind of crazy being the first big camping weekend of the year, but fun. All the kids met us there and it was nice spending the weekend with them. Now, I don't know when we will get to go camping. I hope maybe here soon we can at least take a short camp trip down to Sardis. But, we have to wait until after Mike's check up with the surgeon.