PDA

View Full Version : Yet another sugery scheduled

Renrut
08-12-2008, 09:59 AM
I went to a general surgeon yesterday only to find out I have to have another one. I have had 11 surgeries in 6 years but not since 2006 for various reasons. When I had my son, 13 yrs ago, my uterus completely ruptured so I have been having problem with the weight of the scar tissue.

He said this time, they are attached to my colon and bowels so once they remove it, they have to reconstruct the organs. The surgery is 4+ hours and the hospital stay is 3-7 days. He said he can't tell me for sure because I am a mess inside and he doesn't know how bad it will be.

In 2006 when I had the hysterectomy, I ended up in the hospital for 6 days because of all the complications. Woke up on a vent and couldn't get my o2 level right, so I was diagnosed with COPD and sent home on oxygen.

Anyone that knows me, knows how stubborn I am, so I refused to use it once I got home.

He says I need this and it's not a option. We are in PA alone and I have no family or friends here so I have no where for my son to go. If it was same day surgery, this wouldn't be a problem.

So, I call the wench that gave birth to me(lol we don't get along), thinking her and my dad might drive out here but that was a no go.

I don't know what I am gonna do and it is scheduled for Sept 3rd. They wanted it in 2 weeks but that was the first day of school so I had them make it later.

It's a damn shame I can't count on my own mother!!! I am just so frustrated right now. This is def not a surgery I want. The last one scared the **** out of me!!!
Oh well, I will stop complaining now.

Lild
08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Awwww Chelle, if I could be there I would.... Want me to call the wench and complain:)

muffinmom
08-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I hope all goes well and believe me I know how the counting on people go. I know I'm gonna have to have surgery myself , pretty soon.

taz69
08-12-2008, 11:02 AM
GL on the surgery. I also had scarring that attached to my bowels. Went to numerouse DR's for YEARS before anyone would do anything! I know how painful and frustrating it is. Must be so much worse with no family support. I had surgery 2 years ago, made a big difference, but unfortunately, problems are starting to creep back, as the scarring re-occurs. Best of luck and HUGS!!!!!

Renrut
08-12-2008, 01:01 PM
GL on the surgery. I also had scarring that attached to my bowels. Went to numerouse DR's for YEARS before anyone would do anything! I know how painful and frustrating it is. Must be so much worse with no family support. I had surgery 2 years ago, made a big difference, but unfortunately, problems are starting to creep back, as the scarring re-occurs. Best of luck and HUGS!!!!!

My doctor said they have a new spray that helps. Once they go in there and remove it, the spray the area. Then 6-9 months later they have to go in again just to spray and it has worked on 8 out of 10 people so that is looking good.

sheila_361
08-12-2008, 01:12 PM
:hug

BBELEAZAHR
08-12-2008, 01:38 PM
Im sorry :hug I will be sending prayers your way

jedmatters
08-12-2008, 02:37 PM
Are you my sister? I think we have the same mom. I wish I could travel to you, I would gladly help out.

Anyway: how old are your children? Can they dress with little help? Do they have close friends that you can ask the parent's of to help get them back and forth to school?
Maybe start now by preparing large meals(casseoles, pastas, meatloaf..etc, freezing them... so that meals can be placed in the oven or microwave just to be heated up: instant dinner.
Maybe if you start asking for help with the children, people will offer to pitch in for a few hours to help you. A group of people each helping 3 hours would be a GODSEND. Even if it is not every day: someone could help with the laundry one day... etc.
Maybe your husband (I assume you are married) could start talking at work, and somebody may offer to assist in some way: his wife stop by to help out or make dinner for you one day. Your husband would not have to ask outright, but justtalk about what he is going through and what is going on.

My heart goes out to you... but September 3 is a GREAT day for the hospital.
I WAS BORN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chib44
08-12-2008, 03:11 PM
Renrut I am so sorry hope every thing works out God Bless

dangerousfem
08-12-2008, 03:13 PM
:hug I really hope it works out for you

gmyers
08-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Maybe someone you work with will help you with your kids. I'm sorry for what you're going through. Why can't people put aside feelings when there is an emergency situation. I'll say a prayer for your surgery and that they'll change their mind and help you.

lymi
08-12-2008, 05:45 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you. It's such a shame that all of us on the forum are spread out everywhere. I think when one of us has a problem like you are having, we would all get together and help. But I guess we can at least think of you

Renrut
08-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Thanks guys. The recovery isn't the problem it is the hospital stay. My son is 13 but still not old enough to be left home alone for 3-7 days. Yes I am married but he is not in the picture.

buglebe
08-12-2008, 06:56 PM
Do you think you will be in the intensive care unit? If not take your son with you. Tell him he is there to help you at night. He can go to school in the daytime by taxi or something else possibly can be worked out for that. Kids are amazing. They can get by for a week with less sleep than normal. He can do his homework in your room, for real. And you might enjoy having him with you. I agree 13 is too young to stay home alone but definitely not too young to be a help to you in the hospital.

ilovecats
08-12-2008, 07:15 PM
Deleting.Seeing that my post was the only one not thanked,I guess my heartfelt ideas were not welcomed.Good luck anyway.

jedmatters
08-12-2008, 09:28 PM
So, we are at square one...
I agree, 13 is too young to be home at night alone!!! And several hours during the day is out as well.

Maybe a mom of a friend of his would be willing to stay over at your house for a few days. She could bring her child, and the boys would be able to help out too.
I wish you well, and lots of good thoughts.

Renrut
08-12-2008, 09:49 PM
Thanks. never thought about him staying there with me. that would work if everything goes well during surgery so that would be a last minute thing kinda. Mind you, last time I woke up on a vent. Sad to say, he hasn't met anyone really here. We moved here the end of march and doesn't make friends easy. We all know how mean kids can be and his stuttering doesn't help it. Thanks again guys!!

gmyers
08-13-2008, 12:01 AM
I feel really bad for you. Do you have any other family that could help? Is his other grandparents in the picture maybe they could help? I really hope someone will help you out.

Renrut
08-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Nah, all my family is in Wisc and his is in Va. Something will work out I'm sure.

Army-Mom
08-13-2008, 05:52 AM
:grouphug

herother
08-14-2008, 06:20 PM
Sorry to hear of all your troubles. I know how irritating all those surgeries can be. Since 2001, I have had 6 surgeries. I just had one on June 17th and the doctor is already talking of another soon to come. I, on the otherhand, do not have any children so I can just imagine how hard it is when you are concerned about the welfare of your son and yourself and then some all at the same time. Good luck with it all.