PDA

View Full Version : Ecuador photos

dangerousfem
08-12-2008, 09:11 AM
ok.. I finally got some of the photos from the mission trip loaded.. my comp is still down.. so I haven't been able to edit them.. some are too bright... some too dark..lol.. but this will give you a general idea of my week.. I have more.. but this is a start..lol
my avatar is a man named Byron he has a family.. 3 kids.. and throat cancer. The treatment shots he needed were only around $30.. but he couldn't afford them.. he came to the clinic to make his family happy.. he came everyday and worked with the construction team.. I bonded with him alot.. I gave him some money that I felt God wanted me to do....so he could get some of his treatments... also the medical clinic gave him a suitcase full of meds on the last day.. he is a very nice man...and meeting him blessed me...
There is also a photo of me and a young girl... we were at her school.. and almost done.. we always pass out a small gift.. cross necklaces... ect.. well she was walking towards me crying.. so we thought she hadn't gotten her gift.. so I called over someone.. they took her to get a necklace.. a few minutes later.. I hear them calling me.. here is the little girl in the middle of several of our group.. and she is crying so hard.. the translator tells me that I remind the little girl of her aunt who lives in the states..lol It was so sweet... so I hugged on her a while.. and we took a pic.. its amazing at some of the connections you make ...lol

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v472/dangerousfem/Ecuador%202008/

Renrut
08-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Awesome pictures. I would love to be bale to do that some day. You have a great heart!!

4diego
08-12-2008, 09:45 AM
The pics are very interesting and it sounds very rewarding. I would go nuts not being able to read the signs, etc... though!

PrincessArky
08-12-2008, 10:41 AM
thanx for sharing the pics

and I love hearing all of the wonderful stories you come back with.

dangerousfem
08-14-2008, 07:17 AM
bumping up.. so Fred12 can see them..

Lild
08-14-2008, 08:25 AM
Awesome pics!! That is sooo sweet about the little girl, I loved hearing the story behind that pic...
You have a great heart, keep up the good work:)