PDA

View Full Version : Woman expected to be OK after being run over

PrincessArky
08-11-2008, 05:37 AM
A woman is in the hospital after being run over multiple times Saturday.

Caddo Sheriff's Deputies say a group of people at 3341 Riviera got into an argument.

A man driving a van started to leave because he was tired of aruging.

Deputies say Janet Woods' clothing got caught in the manual van door and the driver pulled away.

Woods was dragged over a stump and run over when the driver made a wide turn.

She was airlifted to LSU where she's in good condition

Police are looking for the driver.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/Woman-expected-to-be-OK-after-being-run-over-multiple-times-15239/

jbbarn
08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
What a weird story! I wonder how she got caught in the car door? I hope we hear a follow-up on this one.:confused: :eek:

freeby4me
08-11-2008, 06:38 PM
What a weird story! I wonder how she got caught in the car door? I hope we hear a follow-up on this one.:confused: :eek:

I agree. Something sounds very strange.

PrincessArky
08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
A Caddo Parish woman was twice run over by a van after her clothes got caught in the door as she tried to convince the driver not to leave a family gathering that had turned nasty, sheriff's deputies said.

Two people have been arrested in connection with the injury of the woman, who was being treated at LSU Hospital today.

The incident occurred Saturday evening at a house in the 3300 block of Riviera.

Several people had gathered at Janet Woods' home and they started drinking and arguing, Caddo sheriff's deputies said. Nazario Bautista-Santiago got tired of the arguing and took his brother and three children and got into his Dodge Caravan to leave, deputies said.

Woods sent outside to try to get him to change his mind, deputies said. Her clothing got caught in the side door of the van as it was closed and Bautista-Santiago pulled away.

She was dragged to the ground and then run over as the van driver tried to back over a stump, and then again when he made a wide turn, deputies said. The driver of the van did not stop.

Sheriff's deputies were called and stopped the van a short time later. The brother was driving, deputies said.

Nazario Bautista-Santiago, 27, was booked for second-offense DWI, hit-and-run driving and negligent injury.

His brother, Marcus Bautista-Santiago, 28, was arrested for DWI.

http://www.ktbs.com/news/Woman-run-over-after-clothes-get-caught-in-van-door-15239/

jbbarn
08-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Yep.That explains a lot.What a bag of mixed nuts

Jolie Rouge
08-11-2008, 08:54 PM
Sheriff's deputies were called and stopped the van a short time later. The brother was driving, deputies said.

Nazario Bautista-Santiago, 27, was booked for second-offense DWI, hit-and-run driving and negligent injury.

His brother, Marcus Bautista-Santiago, 28, was arrested for DWI.

Exit question : how can they arrest BOTH men for Driving While Intoxicated ?
Reckless endangerment in regards to the children should also be applied . JMHO

jbbarn
08-12-2008, 12:10 AM

Wondered the same thing...?:twitch

PrincessArky
08-12-2008, 04:50 AM

thats a very good question

I just posted that ? at the news site lets see if anyone answers lol