PDA

View Full Version : You eat eight spiders every year in your sleep. True?

janelle
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM
You eat eight spiders every year in your sleep. True?

Nope, says MythBusters. There's no evidence that spiders secretly crawl into our mouths while we're sleeping. Even if you were lying perfectly still, your breathing would scare a spider off, so it's unlikely to hang out around your mouth. Alas, the bad news: You probably consume more spiders when you are awake -- in your food. Here's why: The Food and Drug Administration guidelines allow a certain level of whole insects or parts in some food products, such as those containing fruits or vegetables. Yum.

More From MythBusters

http://find.msn.com/search.aspx?q=Eat+spiders+in+our+sleep&c=0728+Eat+spiders+in+our+sleep&form=MSNIIT

galeane29
08-10-2008, 07:34 PM
Ack!!!

ilovecats
08-10-2008, 07:36 PM
Gross,but true.Check (or freeze)your rice and flour too.It is impossible for them to keep all bugs out.

April78945
08-10-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you for that. I heard about the eating spiders in your sleep when I was about 12 and have since trained myself to sleep on my side with my mouth closed (no kidding)..now I can't eat either. LMAO

janelle
08-10-2008, 09:31 PM
It only bothers me when I can see them in my food. I once made a sandwich and when I was going to take my first bite of it I saw these two little beady eyes looking at me from out of the bread. EWWWW eyes. Needless to say I did not eat it.

nksnuck
08-11-2008, 08:37 AM
IF ONLY you could see the look on my face after reading that. I would rather eat them in my sleep when I didn't know!!!!!!!!!! Well, not reallllllllllly. YUCK

ilovecats
08-11-2008, 05:54 PM
It only bothers me when I can see them in my food. I once made a sandwich and when I was going to take my first bite of it I saw these two little beady eyes looking at me from out of the bread. EWWWW eyes. Needless to say I did not eat it.

Oh gross.I have heard stories but never witnessed it personally,I may not have ever eaten again.