PDA

View Full Version : Blueberries

G'maDebbie
08-04-2008, 07:29 PM
My husband and I just got back a bit ago from picking up some fresh blueberries. The guy had actually just pulled in with them on the tractor. Now we are washing them and my hubby is going to make a blueberry pie! Even though I don't eat sweets, I just have to try it once it's done. He even made the crust from scratch! He amazes me cause some days he acts like he cant do anything on his own and tonight he is making a pie from scratch! lol!! I wouldnt have the first clue how to make a pie, I am just sitting here acting like I know...lmao!

ElleGee
08-04-2008, 07:29 PM
Sawwweeeet

gmyers
08-04-2008, 07:39 PM
You've got him now. If it turns out good he can't use the excuse he doesn't know how anymore. Guess who'll be making the desserts for holidays now.

Heidi
08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
My mom works at a blueberry nursery so we get our fair share of blueberries. She makes a blueberry rhubarb pie and I think rhubarb is nasty, but the pie she makes is so stinking good. And she doesn't use any sugar, she uses honey instead.

Willow
08-05-2008, 04:58 AM
We went blueberry picking on Saturday. Hope the pie turned out good.

wobblypops
08-05-2008, 05:29 AM
I love rhubarb, especially rhubarb custard pie but blueberries I can live without. They rip me up even if I eat just one.

I made homeade peach bread & a peaches & cream pie over the weekend. They turned out great! I made enough for the local senior daycare center & also enough for the nursing home that I work for since I didn't want to gain 10 lbs.

I didn't think I could bake at all because the few years I tried to make cookies (A friend's recipe) I ruined them. I think she messed around with her recipe so I would have to come to her for my cookies.

G'maDebbie
08-05-2008, 06:29 AM
The pie was EXCELLENT!! I only had a very small piece, but it was sooooo good. I told him I would buy all kinds of fresh berries if he wanted to make more pies....lol!

dinosmom
08-05-2008, 06:31 AM
Awesome! My DH does some cooking too. He makes pizza crust from scratch and a bunch of other things. He to does the pie crust from scratch. Now me, I would just get a pre made crust and be done with it. LOL

April78945
08-05-2008, 06:32 AM
Awww that sweet. I miss my grandfather so much, we used to go blueberry picking every year and then have vanilla ice cream with them on top. :(

Army-Mom
08-05-2008, 07:01 AM
wow a fresh blueberry pie, that sure would be good right now with a cup of coffee

ilikefree
08-05-2008, 07:11 AM
We have some friends who are originally from Michigan and they go there every year to bring back blueberries. We got a 10 pound box this weekend and yesterday I made a blueberry pie, blueberry muffins and froze the majority of the rest of them. I wish I could have afforded to buy more of them to make them last till next year. We just love them here and they are good for you so I don't have to force the kids to eat them.

magenta
08-05-2008, 08:07 AM
The kids & I go blueberry picking once a summer. We haven't gone yet, maybe this weekend. I could never picture my DH making a pie, lol, but his fried chicken is awesome!

roserob
08-05-2008, 09:24 AM
We went on a camping trip to canada a little while ago and we picked fresh blue berries and put them in our pancackes in the morning. They were the best blue berry pancackes I have ever had