PDA

View Full Version : Things kids do to make you want to scream,lol

luvcub
08-04-2008, 07:26 AM
After reading the cute thread about the cake being ate while mommas out of the room,I started thinking about we as mothers have ran into instances like this as our kids were growing up,thought e1 would like to share a few of these,add on as you please.

I was setting in our living room,when my 2 boys were about 4 and 1 1/2,talking away to other family members,then it happened,it was quiet,you know that kind of quiet that tells mommy that somethings up,and can bet it isnt good? I go to the bath room,kids arent in there,I stop listen,hear giggling,follow that chipmonk sound all the way to the kitchen,and lo and behold there they are,up top of the nice wood table with one of those huge huge huge like 5 or 10 pound containers of peanut butter,I look at the container,then at my 4 yr old,hands 5 inches thick with goop,and my baby,he is covered,in the hair,on his jammies,this was about 8 pm,and it was on his eye brows,then he did it,rubbed his eyes,then all the howling started,screaming like he was being killed as the salt dug in,I was sooooo mad,everywhere was peanut butter,had to put them in the sink in the kitchen,and it took 2 of us adults to get them cleaned up,that was a mess.
As I have looked back over the yrs,I wish I had a camera,that is a memory to never lose.
Please share some of your memories with us,were always up to a good laugh.\
luvcub

April78945
08-04-2008, 07:53 AM
That's too cute...I need to realize these times are going to end soon because they stunts my daughter pulls are driving me nuts lol

PrincessArky
08-04-2008, 08:43 AM
That's too cute...I need to realize these times are going to end soon because they stunts my daughter pulls are driving me nuts lol

I TRY to think like that but some days it sure is hard lol

luvcub
08-04-2008, 09:12 AM
I know my daughter gets so mad her kids,I remember when the youngest was 2,he threw his other grannys cell in the toilet,not once but on 2 different occasions,his other granny must not of learned her lesson the 1st time,lol.

Here is another odd one,really odd.

My middle granddaughter was in the potty,going to the pot,we open the door to see whats up,you never know with 3 kids running around,she is standing there holding herself-her whowho-and aiming at the pot,we said whattttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt are you doing,she says-trying to go to the pot like Chris-her littlest brother,chris was 5 at the time,she was 8.
We had to inform her that girls do not potty like that,geshhhhhhhhh,what goes thru their minds??? lol
Chris must left bathroom door open,and she noticed a difference.

mirage7000
08-04-2008, 09:13 AM
My daughter when she was about 3 woke up in the wee hours. She woke me with a touch. She was ice cold and soaking wet. She took a chair and a bathroom towel to the kichen sink plugging the drain with it. Flooded the kitchen pretty good. I could have cried then but now it's a memory and I can laugh about it!

luvcub
08-04-2008, 09:15 AM
lmao,was she tring to dishes like mommy?

mirage7000
08-04-2008, 09:20 AM
lmao,was she tring to dishes like mommy?

I think she was trying to make a swimming pool out of the kitchen. lmao

luvcub
08-04-2008, 09:28 AM
My middle son who is 28 now,seemed to keep me on my toes when he was little,when he was 2: I was sleeping when his step daddy went to work,dumb ass never locked the screen door,I woke up to no little boy on his bad,I searched everywhere,no kid,called the sdads work,he never called back,went around the trailor court,nothing,was crying up a storm,neighbors pitched in,we lived on a main highway,I was so scared,about 20 minutes later,neighbor found him in the field next to where we lived,asking him where he was going he said to see the cows,that was 1 time,I spanked his bottom,2 swats,then kissed him up a storm. His step dad became a non step dad not much later.

Then the same kid at 2 1/2--
Im waking up from a nights rest,sniff sniff,what smells,this is at 530 in the morning,birds arent up yet,I get up on a run,go into the kitchen,and there is my son setting at the table,has a plate in front of him,now on the stove---A.
a skillet on med high heat,with 3 broken eggs init,1 hot dog,and ketchup,sizzling away. B. on the other burner was a pizza box on fire,flames about 6 inches in the air,I started to scream,I flicked it on the floor and beat it with a broom. I just stood there tears flowing down my face,staring at the kid,wondering if he was missing something up stairs. He says mommy,its lunch time,I was fixing us lunch. I just hugged him,squeezed him. He gave me heart aches and worried fromt he day he was born,his beginning wasnt to good,many problems at birth,which seemed to show up in odd ways as he got older,he was 1000% mischiovous-spelled wrong.
Now I was a good mommy,I just needed to have ankle bracelets on this 1 son,thank god that was the worst of it from this one. Never had another huge problem with him,maybe he noticed I was aging rapidly. lol

April78945
08-04-2008, 10:03 AM
oh my..I don't think I can top that! wow. And you ARE a good mommy!

luvcub
08-04-2008, 10:09 AM
nayyy,just an average mom,but when they get older the problems still come up,just different type.

BeanieLuvR
08-04-2008, 10:13 AM
My son made snow in the bathroom when he was a few years old. I woke up from a nap to find my bathroom covered in baby powder. There he sat in the middle of it making it puff up out of the container. He said look mommy it is snowing. I tell you it was so hard to get all of that baby powder off of everything. It is hard to believe that my baby starts high school in a few weeks. Time sure does fly.

THEpouty1
08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
This happened when my older dd and younger ds were almost 3 and 2 - one morning (barely turning light out, and they never woke up that early) I woke up and heard some squeaking/giggling coming from the living room, so I start to go and see what's so funny, look down and see that I have to walk carefully, like through a mine field... there was paint on the hallway floor. I make my way to the living room and what do I see? My dd had painted my son from head to toe. He was pink, red and white (I was painting things for V-Day the night before). I was mad at first, but had to keep them from seeing me laughing, too. I grabbed the camera and took a picture (it was still cute), then put them both in the tub. Luckily we had wood floors, and it was somewhat easy to clean up.

This dd has always been up to something. When my youngest was born, I took a ton of pictures, but was unable to take them to get developed very often, so I'd put them in a drawer. Older dd saw them one day and decided she wanted to see what was on them, I guess... she pulled all the film out of the rolls. She's 11 now and got a camera w/ a doll. Well, she pulled the same stunt - she took some pictures and then I caught her in her room pulling the film out of the roll.

Jenefer3
08-04-2008, 11:13 AM
I think my son used to hate any kind of technology.... when he was younger he wanted to watch his bob the builder tape and it wouldn't play right and I told him he needed to wait cuz mommy needed to clean the vcr player, you know like the head cleaner?, well he decided to help and dumped his water in the vcr. Another time, he didn't like the sound of my cell phone so he put it in the microwave and turned it on. He also decided to flush the digital camera, not sure why. Thankfully, he now likes technology so everything is safe.

This is a small thing, but still made me want to pull my hair out. He has suffered from migraines since he was about 2 and whenever he would get one, he would put a bandaid on his ears and forehead and keep reapplying them for as long as he had his headache. There were days that we'd go through 2 or 3 boxes of bandaids a day. It's cute now but at the time, it was just so irritating lol

LuvBigRip
08-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Using my shaving cream all over the walls of the tub

Using my tampons to 'splode in the toilet.

Using my pads as "butterfly" stickers

Wet mopping my hardwood floor "Just to help"

Stuffing wrappers in the couch.

I could go on for days....I have three kids.

cabby92
08-04-2008, 12:41 PM
This is on me. I grew up with my mom's single, gorgeous, city dwelling sister as my favorite aunt. I loved when my auntie would come visit, she was so exciting. When I was about three I tried to paint my nails like hers but spilled her polish all over the bathroom sink in the spare room. Being a good kid I cleaned it up. With her mink. When I saw what I had done I tried to clean that. In the toilet. When it wouldn't come clean I just flushed it away. At least, I tried to.

I have been hearing that story for a lot of years. A lot of times.

LuvBigRip
08-04-2008, 12:51 PM
Oh, yeah. My now 14 year old DS set my bed on fire.

When he was about 5 we were out trick or treating and he had to go. NOW MOMMY. So we hauled butt home, but his costume was one of those one piece costumes and he didn't get it off in time and got a little pee on the front. So while I while I was at the front door handing out candy, he decided to do what he had seen Mommy do. He used my hair dryer to dry the spot. You know, you are washing your hands and get a little water on the front of your shirt, and you use the dryer to dry it fast. Well, he layed the costume (the highly flamable costume) on my bed, and turned the dryer on high, and firmly placed it on the costume. I hear oh-oh...then fire fire. Yep, melted the costume to the dryer, which he quickly dropped on the bed, then ran, without shutting the hair dryer off. Went through the bedspread, cover, sheets and the mattress pad. "Sigh"

jedmatters
08-04-2008, 01:29 PM
#1: My son (who is 18) was 4 when it happened....
We had this ugly beige carpet in a rent house. I mad ethe comment that I did not like the color.
So my so sweet son went and sat on the carpet for a little while. I went over to him: and he asked if I liked it better. He was sorry that he could not find yellow (my favorite color) but he found orange....
There was a 1 foot round area of orange crayon on my carpet!
I said I loved it. Took his picture and spent 2 hours scrubbing Resolve intop the carpet to cleanit after he went to bed.

My daughter (she is 11). She was 2 years old. Asked if she could draw. I said yes. There on my glass door was a boat with a long line coming from it. The line comtinued down the door, on the wall, down the hall and to the end of the house... where she drew a whale with a fish hook. The sailors caught a big one. Yes, I took pictures. And we painted the walls the next day.

stetne
08-04-2008, 03:00 PM
When my twin sons were about 3, one of them picked up the vent in the floor and threw it at the other one. Hit him in the face and broke his nose. Then one time, the boys were sitting on the living room floor watching tv, eating popcorn and one of them put a kernal down the others ear. When my daughter was 3 she stopped sleeping at night. We would stay up with her as late as possible but I normally konked out. We would get up in the morning and find all the spices and salt and pepper poured in the vents or the butter would be shoved in any hole she could shove it in. Once we found a syrup dumped all along the hall carpet and one night she poured out all the ketchup on the living room carpet. She also decided at age 4 that she wanted to shave like daddy so she went into the bathroom, covered her face with shaving cream and got out a disposable razor and started shaving. It took forever to get her cleaned up and for the blood to stop.

Mom2Shaun
08-04-2008, 04:28 PM
OMG! Well, my son hasn't done anything that exciting, thank God! But when I was 4, I heard my mother complain about the carpet in the dining room. My little brother and I decided we would surprise her, and we got our "Sparkle Paints" and painted a BIG patch. I remember thinking that it just didn't look as good as I had pictured it (we'd mixed all the colors together). When we showed it to my Mom, she kind of gasped and said, "Oh, children, that's SO sweet! But Sparkle Paints are not for the carpet, sweethearts!" She was one patient mother, which was good, because there were 8 of us.

Later, I asked her how she could be so patient. She said she always thought we were so cute, and we weren't nearly as destructive as she was. When she was 5, she saw a picture of fairies sliding down a waterfall. She came up with the idea of doing that with the stairs in her house. She plugged up the bath and started it running, without telling anyone. Then she went down to dinner in the dining room. She kept thinking, "Oh, won't they be thrilled when they see this! They'll be so surprised!" She could just imagine the water mounting up and then running down the hall to the stairs. Unfortunately, when the water flooded the bathroom, it sank thru the floor and made the plaster ceiling in the dining room come crashing down on the table!

I had a friend whose 4 yr. old sister went to the neighbors' house while they were on vacation. She took the hose and put it thru the window, then turned it on and left. Another time, she turned on an iron and hid it under the bed on the carpet! I'd like to know what was going thru her head when she did those things!

sheila_361
08-04-2008, 06:18 PM
lets just say having 2 boys that are 14 1/2 months apart and both having ADHD was definitely an adventure and many of those I could scream type things happen.. All I can say is Ritalin was my saving grace.. yep yep...

luvcub
08-04-2008, 07:29 PM
lmao,what good reads,I laughed alot,and learned alot,lets see,I learned about waterfalls,irons burning,carpets being painted with paints that sparkle,crayons,learned about ketchup,I hadnt heard anything about kids and there pets,lol. I adore all of you,your all great!

Jean_17764
08-05-2008, 05:36 PM
once when my oldest Chris (he is 26 now, I have 3) was 3 yrs old he woke early up from from his nap ( I was in the garage putting a load into the dryer) well when i came in he was covered head to toe in my nair,needless to say I was freaking out but i caught it in time in time and there was no damage or hair loss( thank goodness!!) asked him why "wanna be like you mommie' Good times I kinda miss them now...LOL