PDA

View Full Version : Juvy court...

kidzpca
08-02-2008, 07:46 PM
I know they all believe every kid is guilty and all the parents of those kids are idiots.

But to tell your kid that for everything the kid gets charged for the parents pay. :slap

don't tell the kids that...

anyhow....son got charged a misdemeanor for false police report.

I was present when he put in the report about 3 older teenagers from the alternative high school for troubled kids whom pull a knife on him near school last spring but he got away. I insisted he put in the report after he told me what happened...(he doesn't make up stories such as this...and he was very upset, crying, scared and believe me doesn't normally break down easy) but the next day he changed his story for the school liason officer. He told me he was afraid of retailiation from the three kids...plus when asked by the officer the kids denied the occurance.

Other problem, no witnesses...

No witnesses can't prove either way if the attack occured. He said, she said.

I was told by the liason officer in early may he was throwing out the report.

Last week we got served the papers to report for a hearing.

we accept that fact the police and court say my son lied and nothing will change the thought.

So lady whom talks to us takes 30 minutes to read the report doesn't listen to anything my son says or I for that matter. Even after son appologizes. Since they believe the report to be false.

States that we could do community service or counseling.

gives son 10 minute test...comes back

says son needs counseling. son broke down about teasing at school, oh he may have learning disablity and thinks low of school work. She will throw out charges this time for a first charge as long as he gets counseling. Demands my insurance card and calls the company to see the max of visits we were allowed. She states up to 12 visits. I know she lied. (WTF!) I called insurance after our meeting. They stated to me they couldn't tell her any amount unless she was a counselor or health provider.

Um what happened to community service?

Son and I talked and she lied about son's break down on teasing.

Besides how could she assess all that in 10 minutes?

Anyhow, I am going to have him assessed at work through benefits for counseling at up to 5 visits free to see if he does need further counseling. Lady wants us to pay for counseling "paying 20% of benefits is small change".

Son says the lady is not listening to anything we said. Just wants us to pay $.

Son and I talked more and he doesn't get teased. Had him tested years ago for ADD, ADHD, EI and found a reading disablity that he has had an Individual Education Plan for the reading for 5 years now. Gets mostly C's, D's but passes. Didn't like middle school but starts high school in fall. Is well liked. Many friends. Just would rather tinker with cars, bikes, building etc than crack a book and his teachers have known this for years.

I figure I will at least have the assesment and papers to prove counseling in case they want proof of counseling even if it costs us no money and only 4-5 visits.

Better than paying hand over fist for up to 28 visits.

BTW learned lesson: Don't believe a word the people say especially if they won't listen to you. Plus what kind of lesson is this if a cop tells you in early May he was throwing out the report but we get served papers in late July?

ilovecats
08-02-2008, 07:51 PM
Wow,Don't know what to say.(((hugs)))

kidzpca
08-02-2008, 07:55 PM
I know my kid is no angel but if there are no witnesses, did it happen or not?

I believe my son, I saw him that day. Or he deserves the oscar more than Heath Ledger does for "Dark Knight"

My son is a good boy and doesn't deserve this but son also states that the liason officer threatened to throw him in jail if he doesn't tell the "truth" after cop confronted one of the accused whom of course denied the charge. (um yes officer, I did pull a knife on xxxx.) Don't think so.

ilovecats
08-02-2008, 07:58 PM
My now 20 yr old got suspended in middle school for something he didn't do,It was the talk of the town.I know how you feel.

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 08:02 PM
I guess the child does need counselling after having to deal with bullies!
Any kid would be too intimidated to tell the truth after having a knife pulled on him.This is just awful! I'm sorry for your family.

kidzpca
08-02-2008, 08:16 PM
told son that in fall when he enters high school that he should stay away from the liason officer since he will be the school police officer again. Make sure that he stays out of trouble, fights etc, and checks to make sure his locker is clean to point of eating off of it every day. No kidding. Become the perfect angel around officer liar.

ssgjeg
08-02-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm so sorry for you. I know exactly how you feel. The school called CPS on us at the end of the school year. Said dh was layed off (he's been working 2 yrs. straight) and we were offered social services and refused (since when is this illegal). That they had been to our home and it was unkept (No one from that school had never been in my home). And a list of other charges that I can't even remember. All because some kids sprayed ds2 in the face with perfume (the school had it on tape from the bus). Ds2 complained to the school and nothing was done to the other kids. Just CPS called on us. We're waiting now for the letter that clears us of all charges.

It sux when these schools officials think they are better than us and can lie on us like that. I'm glad that you may be able to get away without any out of pocket expenses though. Good luck.

kidzpca
08-03-2008, 09:55 AM
I'm so sorry for you. I know exactly how you feel. The school called CPS on us at the end of the school year. Said dh was layed off (he's been working 2 yrs. straight) and we were offered social services and refused (since when is this illegal). That they had been to our home and it was unkept (No one from that school had never been in my home). And a list of other charges that I can't even remember. All because some kids sprayed ds2 in the face with perfume (the school had it on tape from the bus). Ds2 complained to the school and nothing was done to the other kids. Just CPS called on us. We're waiting now for the letter that clears us of all charges.

It sux when these schools officials think they are better than us and can lie on us like that. I'm glad that you may be able to get away without any out of pocket expenses though. Good luck.

So you are really saying is that the school system is as bad as the juvy system in that all parents are idiots, know nothing etc. All kids are evil and the school is always right, never wrong. Thus the school system does these things to cover thier ass.

ssgjeg
08-03-2008, 10:07 AM
Pretty much. Didn't you know all kids are liars, cheats, and thiefs? Instead of listening to these kids. it's easier for them to take the easy way out and punish them. Both systems say they are against bullying but it seems the bullies never get punished. Only the targets do.

Your son was the victim of bullying not only by kids his own age but also the school liason officer. It was easier to get your son to recant and go after him then to go after the real offenders. I don't know why but that is the way it seems to work.

jbbarn
08-03-2008, 12:46 PM

That's pathetic! What's happening to our freedom!
What makes the state think they can raise our kids,control our employment,and clean our houses better than we can? Unkempt house???
Good Lord!!!! They should see mine on a GOOD day,never mind what it looks like on a hectic one! I feel sorry for you guys...and for all Americans who see our freedoms slipping away!:banghead: