PDA

View Full Version : Brangelina's twins

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 07:12 PM
:banghead: People and OK! magazines have landed the rights to the exclusive Brangelina twin pics for an astounding $14 million!

The twins will make their debut at 7pm EDT on Sunday on People’s website and of course, the couple says the money is going to charity.

In comparison, J.Lo got $6 million for her babies, older sister Shiloh raised $4 million and teen mom Jamie-Lynn Spears got a cool $1 million when her baby Maddie Lynn was born.

Yeah, good idea. Let’s pay rich people even more money because they are reproducing. What skill that takes.
http://www.topsocialite.com/

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ilovecats
08-02-2008, 07:14 PM
:banghead: People and OK! magazines have landed the rights to the exclusive Brangelina twin pics for an astounding $14 million!

The twins will make their debut at 7pm EDT on Sunday on People’s website and of course, the couple says the money is going to charity.

In comparison, J.Lo got $6 million for her babies, older sister Shiloh raised $4 million and teen mom Jamie-Lynn Spears got a cool $1 million when her baby Maddie Lynn was born.

Yeah, good idea. Let’s pay rich people even more money because they are reproducing. What skill that takes.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They are giving the money to charity.

mosdata1
08-02-2008, 07:17 PM
The difference is that they really do give the money to their many charities. While I don't really approve of how the 2 of them got together (not that they asked for my approval), they are a very giving couple. One of the very few who not only give their money, but they give their time & their labor.

speedygirl
08-02-2008, 07:21 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think it's fantastic since children will be benefitted by all this money being donated to the charity.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,396443,00.html

The extraordinary amount of money paid for pictures of Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt's twins
goes straight to charity.

Whether it's $10 million or $15 million or something in between, I can confirm that People magazine and its cohort in this craziness, Hello!, will get huge tax breaks. The money will be listed as a donation to the Foundation, which is run by a group called Foundation Source out of Long Island

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 07:44 PM
The difference is that they really do give the money to their many charities. While I don't really approve of how the 2 of them got together (not that they asked for my approval), they are a very giving couple. One of the very few who not only give their money, but they give their time & their labor.

Yeah,and all they get in return is tons of publicity and a whopper of a tax write-off!
Oh yeah and canonization when they die.
Get real.:rofl:

ilovecats
08-02-2008, 07:52 PM
Yeah,and all they get in return is tons of publicity and a whopper of a tax write-off!

Yeahh,I am jealous too.:rofl:

PrincessArky
08-02-2008, 08:02 PM

lol

I dont follow them much cause well I just dont care for them.......just wondering from anyone who actually cares enough to keep up.........do any of the money they donate stay in America or does it all go overseas?

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 08:06 PM
Yeahh,I am jealous too.:rofl:

:rofl:
Of course! But,I also object to this for moral reasons.

ilovecats
08-02-2008, 08:07 PM
:rofl:
Of course! But,I also object to this for moral reasons.

lmao:rofl:I disagree but you are funny,like you anyway.

YNKYH8R
08-02-2008, 08:11 PM

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!And the problem is??????????

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 08:12 PM
lol

I dont follow them much cause well I just dont care for them.......just wondering from anyone who actually cares enough to keep up.........do any of the money they donate stay in America or does it all go overseas?

Good question.
I have read that Brad Pitt donates money to New Orleans,but I don't know how much.I think he also drives a nail or two for Habitat (cause he DOES look good without his shirt).Otherwise,I dont know.

speedygirl
08-02-2008, 08:13 PM
Who cares if they get the tax write off and the publicity. At least children will be helped.

speedygirl
08-02-2008, 08:15 PM
When they had Shiloh they donated the money from photos to the following:

Most of the $2.4 million that was distributed to charities included $1 million each to the Epidermolysis Foundation and Doctors without Borders. The Red Cross in Namibia, where baby Shiloh was born, got $137,035.

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 08:16 PM
And the problem is??????????

I think they're demeaning their childen,while turning them into idols.
I don't care what their proposed motives are.I don't think the ends justify the means.

YNKYH8R
08-02-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't care what their proposed motives are.I don't think the ends justify the means.

How do you idolize an infant?

speedygirl
08-02-2008, 08:19 PM

Are you talking about turning their children into idols or turning themselves into idols?

If a person idolized newborns by just looking at a picture they need to get a reality check. If it's B+A you're talking about, they don't need the publicity and have achieve the "idol" status to some already.

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Are you talking about turning their children into idols or turning themselves into idols?

If a person idolized newborns by just looking at a picture they need to get a reality check. If it's B+A you're talking about, they don't need the publicity and have achieve the "idol" status to some already.

Anybody who turns ANY other human into an idol needs a reality check.
These babies will grow up being famous for being famous,like many before them.

ilovecats
08-02-2008, 08:28 PM

Not their fault.It is the media and fans who make them idols.Not the parents.

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 08:32 PM
How do you idolize an infant?

I don't! But ask any of the people who want to know what Shiloh and Suri are wearing this week! It will be the same with these two kids.The spotlight will follow them everywhere,thus assuring a continuous stream of publicity for the parents.

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Not their fault.It is the media and fans who make them idols.Not the parents.

convoluted thinking.

speedygirl
08-02-2008, 08:37 PM

That was my point. As i said B+A have achieved that status to someI didn't say me. I idolize no one. People use the term idol loosely and without full knowledge of the meaning.
I still say that I think it's great that they have the resources to be able to help children. Paparazzi would manage to stalk the family and get photos without permission, put people in danger while attempting to take those pictures and no one would be helped so I see nothing but good done by selling the rights to the photos.

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 08:42 PM
That was my point. As i said B+A have achieved that status to someI didn't say me. I idolize no one. People use the term idol loosely and without full knowledge of the meaning.
I still say that I think it's great that they have the resources to be able to help children. Paparazzi would manage to stalk the family and get photos without permission, put people in danger while attempting to take those pictures and no one would be helped so I see nothing but good done by selling the rights to the photos.

I just don't trust their motives.

speedygirl
08-02-2008, 08:45 PM
I just don't trust their motives.

Regardless of their motives, children will benefit from them, whatever they may be. And as I said, they won't have the stalking photogs running after the family like a pack of freaking vultures trying to get that *first* multi-million dollar photograph, potentially putting people in harm's way.

YNKYH8R
08-02-2008, 08:50 PM
They will only be as famous as society makes them. If having them on the cover of a magazine didn't sell then they wouldn't be worth anything. Now...you may not buy the magazine...but others do.

YNKYH8R
08-02-2008, 08:51 PM
convoluted thinking.How so?

YNKYH8R
08-02-2008, 08:52 PM
I just don't trust their motives.What? Donating to charity and Katrina relief in LA? Yeah...real suspicious.

speedygirl
08-02-2008, 08:57 PM
What? Donating to charity and Katrina relief in LA? Yeah...real suspicious.

:yeah

I completely agree. They're doing a heck of a lot more with their celebrity then most of the others out there who get just as glorified and do nothing remotely philanthropic.

YNKYH8R
08-02-2008, 08:58 PM
:yeah

I completely agree. They're doing a heck of a lot more with their celebrity then most of the others out there who get just as glorified and do nothing remotely philanthropic.
Harry Conick (sp) Jr. I've heard he does a lot too.

jbbarn
08-02-2008, 09:01 PM
What? Donating to charity and Katrina relief in LA? Yeah...real suspicious.

I GIVE UP! Enjoy your idol worship!

speedygirl
08-02-2008, 09:11 PM

How does that remotely connotate idol worship??? By remarking that one believes that an individual does good... be it a celebrity or non-celebrity has nothing to do with "worship"! I think it's more in the order of offereing kind words for a deed well done. I would take offense to somene implying that I worshipped idols. There's only one place that I worship.

YNKYH8R
08-03-2008, 05:12 AM
I GIVE UP! Enjoy your idol worship!I don't worshp celebrities. Maybe you shouldn't give and actually try to prove a point. You are a sore conversationalist. I actually agree with on some points, which you can't see, and then insult my integrity.

Smooth move Exlax

freeby4me
08-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Oh my good golly. Some of you on here seriously need to get a life or at least worry and get "angry" over something a little more serious.

Oh wow, they're selling the first pictures of their twins and giving the money to charity. Oh the horror.

Yea, you must be right. It would be so much better to just let the tabloids fight over them and keep the millions themselves.

How about instead of worrying about what they're doing and where they're donating the money, you figure something else out to worry about, something a little more worthwhile.

vicky122
08-03-2008, 05:56 AM
Them babies are going to be famous just because of who their parents are. And someone will get pictures so if they are doing it and giving the money away then good for them.

jbbarn
08-03-2008, 06:04 AM
How does that remotely connotate idol worship??? By remarking that one believes that an individual does good... be it a celebrity or non-celebrity has nothing to do with "worship"! I think it's more in the order of offereing kind words for a deed well done. I would take offense to somene implying that I worshipped idols. There's only one place that I worship.

Fine.Then don't take it personally.Its just that I know a lot of really selfless people who are donating both time and money,expecting nothing in return.I feel like that's the way it should be.

freeby4me
08-03-2008, 06:21 AM
Fine.Then don't take it personally.Its just that I know a lot of really selfless people who are donating both time and money,expecting nothing in return.I feel like that's the way it should be.

Perhaps THEY are the ones taking advantage of the situation. How many other celebrities that get paid for the baby pics donate all the money?

I would be willing to bet 10 to 1 that it was because of the fact that they donate the money, that they're going to get paid so much. Its a win win situation.

speedygirl
08-03-2008, 10:40 AM

Well maybe when some one says

Originally Posted by jbbarn

It's hard not to take it personally, lol.

I'm sure we all know selfless people that don't donate time and money with expectations. NONE of us knows what B+A's motivation is and to speculate without facts is ludicrous. Just be happy that children and others will be helped.

Renrut
08-03-2008, 10:49 AM
I for one, can't wait to see the babies. Not because of their parents but because I love babies. The money is going to a good cause so why not. It also keeps the poperazi(sp) away a little more than if they had not done it this way. It is the publics fault for the craziness around the stars to begin with. Obviously the demand is huge or the price tag would not be as big. I say, good for them and excellent for the charities it will help!!!

ahippiechic
08-03-2008, 11:22 AM
If I was offered 14 mill for a pic of my baby I'd be asking did they want it framed or not. And so would most of you. After all, they know the photog's are going to snap a pic of it sooner or later anyway. What's wrong with benefiting from it? And they are helping other children as well. I think it's great.

And I might not donate the whole 14 mil, either! :D

jbbarn
08-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Perhaps THEY are the ones taking advantage of the situation. How many other celebrities that get paid for the baby pics donate all the money?

I would be willing to bet 10 to 1 that it was because of the fact that they donate the money, that they're going to get paid so much. Its a win win situation.

"Perhaps THEY are the ones taking advantage of the situation."

THEY WHO? The people I know? The "ordinary,comon" people in my state,and in my town? Taking advantage how? I don't understand your premise.

jbbarn
08-03-2008, 12:03 PM
Well maybe when some one says

Originally Posted by jbbarn

It's hard not to take it personally, lol.

I'm sure we all know selfless people that don't donate time and money with expectations. NONE of us knows what B+A's motivation is and to speculate without facts is ludicrous. Just be happy that children and others will be helped.

Sorry about that. "YOU" really was supposed to be a generic reference.Guess it didn't look that way in context.

freeby4me
08-03-2008, 12:10 PM
"Perhaps THEY are the ones taking advantage of the situation."

THEY WHO? The people I know? The "ordinary,comon" people in my state,and in my town? Taking advantage how? I don't understand your premise.

Brad and Angelina. Why not take advantage of it? Someone is going to get a picture regardless. Why not have someone offer them money for their charities of choice.

jbbarn
08-03-2008, 12:38 PM
Brad and Angelina. Why not take advantage of it? Someone is going to get a picture regardless. Why not have someone offer them money for their charities of choice.

Agree to diisagree.

ElleGee
08-03-2008, 12:41 PM
A lot more celebs should be like Brad and Angie.. They donate a lot of their money to charity. I doubt Jamie Lynn Spears donated the money she got for her baby pic to charity

freeby4me
08-03-2008, 12:46 PM
Agree to diisagree.

So it would be better for them to let the magazines steal the pictures and then sell the magazines, making all the profit themselves, even though no magazine is going to donate the money they make off of it to charity?

freeby4me
08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
Given the giant fiasco thats involved with them going anywhere, I would be more than willing to bet that they both would much rather live quiet private lives. They realize as two HUGE celebrities that this simply is not possible, and therefor they are going to do as much good as they can.
If that includes making a magazine or two pay for some pictures and an interview, why not. The magazines are the ones paying. They could just as easily say no to paying that much. They also know that B&A are going to give the money to charity.
Go look up how much they give, and the different things they do around the world. I see absolutely no reason to doubt their motives one bit.

The dont NEED any more publicity. Publicity is not why they're doing it.

jbbarn
08-03-2008, 12:53 PM
So it would be better for them to let the magazines steal the pictures and then sell the magazines, making all the profit themselves, even though no magazine is going to donate the money they make off of it to charity?

REFER TO PRIOR POST!

freeby4me
08-03-2008, 12:55 PM
FINE! I STILL DISAGREE WITH YOUR REASONING AS IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE!

Now, was all that yelling really necessary?

jbbarn
08-03-2008, 01:02 PM
FINE! I STILL DISAGREE WITH YOUR REASONING AS IT DOESNT MAKE ANY SENSE!

Now, was all that yelling really necessary?

Wasn't yelling.Keyboard's not working very well.I really don't care to discuss (argue?) such a stupid subject with you anymore.Go outside and scream for awhile...you'll feel much better.This subject seems to be taxing your patience.I am now leaving this thread.Give my regards to Saints A&B.

:marchmellow:

freeby4me
08-03-2008, 01:05 PM
Right.....im not the one who got all uppity over a couple of pictures.

YNKYH8R
08-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Wasn't yelling.Keyboard's not working very well.I really don't care to discuss (argue?) such a stupid subject with you anymore.Go outside and scream for awhile...you'll feel much better.This subject seems to be taxing your patience.I am now leaving this thread.Give my regards to Saints A&B.

:marchmellow:
Stupid subject? You started it. LOL!

jbbarn
08-03-2008, 02:27 PM
Stupid subject? You started it. LOL!

Yes.I did. But it wasn't suppose to bring forth such venom,and ruin everybody's day!

freeby4me
08-03-2008, 02:36 PM
My "online" day was ruined first thing this morning, seeing all the crud that got posted yesterday.
It kind of felt like it was going to be one of these :banghead: days.

speedygirl
08-03-2008, 02:41 PM
Yes.I did. But it wasn't suppose to bring forth such venom,and ruin everybody's day!

Speak for yourself. It's been a beautiful day. If I allowed a post to ruin my day, I'd have rocks in my head. I don't see venom , I take it as inspired discourse that the majority just happen to agree on. No harm no foul in taking pics and contributing the money. I highly doubt any of us remotely look at B & A as saints.

ElleGee
08-03-2008, 02:54 PM

You're the one who started with the venom.... :beamup

klutzie56
08-04-2008, 12:02 PM
If they had'nt sold the pictures the papprazzi would have been hounding them and sold the pictures for mega bucks anyhow.

LuvBigRip
08-04-2008, 12:19 PM
While I don't care for either of them, I do see their point. If they do not release the pictures under a controlled circumstance the animalistic Paparazzi will do anything and everything to get the pictures. This way, the parents get to be in charge of when and where the pictures are taken.

That being said, if there wasn't such an interest by the general public for pictures of stars doing their shopping, or of their children, the media circus would disapate to a certain extent. I do not read People, OK, The Enquirer or any other Celebrity magazine. I could care less what most of them do in their life, so long as it isn't illegal or doesn't affect my life.