PDA

View Full Version : Hot weather recipes?

Mom2Shaun
07-31-2008, 10:29 AM
I hate using my oven anytime, let alone when it's hot! So I thought we could have a thread on recipes that don't heat up your kitchen too much. I just found this No Bake Cookie recipe, so here it is!

No Bake Cookies

Ingredients:

2 cups sugar
1/2 cups butter
3 Tablespoons cocoa
1/2 cup milk
3 cup oatmeal.
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
wax paper

Directions:

Have your wax paper spread and ready for the cookies. An adult can help you with the boiling part.

Boil together sugar, butter, cocoa and milk for approx 2 1/2 minutes stirring constantly. Remove from heat and add vanilla and oatmeal. Stir quickly. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Put into fridge to harden. YUM!!

dcut4
07-31-2008, 10:53 AM
Here is another one I use, same concept just uses Peanut butter too.

No BAKE COOKIES

* 2 cups white sugar
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup margarine
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 pinch salt
* 1/2 cup peanut butter
* 3 cups quick cooking oats

DBackFan
07-31-2008, 11:42 AM
I wonder how these would work using splenda. Maybe I will cut the recipe down and try it..lol

Army-Mom
07-31-2008, 11:57 AM
I wonder how these would work using splenda. Maybe I will cut the recipe down and try it..lol

Hey, I use splenda in place of sugar all the time..when I make cookies for my son I use splenda and he loves them..and also when I am cooking anything that calls for brown sugar I also use the splenda brown sugar too..hope this helps. I also use spenda in my tea and coffee..

newwiccan
07-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Will those ship well?

Army-Mom
07-31-2008, 12:43 PM
I sent my son all kinds of cookies to Iraq and he said they where still good when he got them.

DBackFan
07-31-2008, 12:55 PM
Hey, I use splenda in place of sugar all the time..when I make cookies for my son I use splenda and he loves them..and also when I am cooking anything that calls for brown sugar I also use the splenda brown sugar too..hope this helps. I also use spenda in my tea and coffee..

Thank you Marcia. I use it all the time in my coffee too and use it like sugar for absolutely everything BUT I have found that with "some" things it isn't the same. When you need to boil sugar to make it go caramely splenda doesn't worrk right but I do adore the stuff!

Vee030473
07-31-2008, 01:45 PM
Will those ship well?

These ship great. I use the recipe with no peanut butter. It is my husband's favorite cookie.

newwiccan
07-31-2008, 04:58 PM
Thanks! I've made other cookies and shipped them but have never tried these.

dcut4
07-31-2008, 08:04 PM
Thank you Marcia. I use it all the time in my coffee too and use it like sugar for absolutely everything BUT I have found that with "some" things it isn't the same. When you need to boil sugar to make it go caramely splenda doesn't worrk right but I do adore the stuff!

Splenda may not work for these. You boil the sugar, cocoa, milk and butter to make a fudge almost..same concept just thinner.

sunny sky
07-31-2008, 08:28 PM
How about some macarroni salad?? Everyone here raves about it LOL and it is the easiest thing to make.

1 pkg macarroni pasta, cooked and drained
Mayo
1 teaspoon mustard
Ham slices, diced
Cheese ( sliced) also diced
celery thinly diced
1/2 a pickle

Mix and refrigerate. YUMMMM

littlered1
07-31-2008, 08:35 PM
That mac salad sounds good, I will have to try that kind.

jcw
07-31-2008, 09:47 PM
I make the cookies with equal. When you add the peanut butter and oats just add some corn starch to firm them up.I just keep stirring it and adding corn starch till they are firm enough no certain amount.