PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone have a DeLonghi Cool-Zone Electric Deep Fryer

tsquared
07-29-2008, 10:48 AM
i just won one cheap at an auction and i am wondering if it is easy to use.....trying to decide if i want to resell it or not.
Anyone have one?

catdance
07-29-2008, 01:13 PM
Yes, I did buy this one at one point.."T" it is good but I found the fryer to break down grease fast, it got greasy on the outside fast, but it did serve the purpose I wanted it to do at the time, I was having a dinner party that included french fried potatoes with Lobsters and Ceasar Salad..I cleaned it up and sold at a garage sale..it is good and not good..it seemed messy and not handling alot of homemade french fries, not the frozen types the way I had expected, I do have other items from this company and found them OK..
Dying to know what your cost was?
Post that, please!

tsquared
07-29-2008, 03:48 PM
Yes, I did buy this one at one point.."T" it is good but I found the fryer to break down grease fast, it got greasy on the outside fast, but it did serve the purpose I wanted it to do at the time, I was having a dinner party that included french fried potatoes with Lobsters and Ceasar Salad..I cleaned it up and sold at a garage sale..it is good and not good..it seemed messy and not handling alot of homemade french fries, not the frozen types the way I had expected, I do have other items from this company and found them OK..
Dying to know what your cost was?
Post that, please!

Cost me $1.76 with $14 shipping

freeby4me
07-29-2008, 03:50 PM
Cost me $1.76 with $14 shipping

Wowsers. Yea I can see the dilema then.

From what I can see it looks like a good one. Can you go to like amazon and read customer reviews or something?

I doubt you'll ever come across another deep fryer that cheap though. Unless its at a garage sale.

tsquared
07-29-2008, 03:55 PM
This is the one i got
http://edit.81x.com/Authors/tsquared/390210a8793f44a4af1691ba04a9d3d3.jpg

catdance
07-29-2008, 05:49 PM
I think it is worth the money, honestly, it looks the same as mine did, and I sold mine for what you paid..if you aren't making big batches or like to fry up things as "you go" you did get a deal..you can even make the tortilla baskets one at a time..using that for Taco Salads..or not use a basket and make home made fries or tortilla chips, it even works for "rosettes" those pastries with powdered sugar, but you have to have patience..I would keep it...shipping alone and your cost, has saved you more than you think, JMO.