PDA

View Full Version : Puppies!!! They've arrived! Christmas in July.

kidzpca
07-25-2008, 07:55 PM
At 4:00 am Schnapps (our very expectant miniature dachshund) started delivering her litter.

She had 6 puppies in all...look like rats at the moment but she delivered without problems and is accepting all pups...Won't even allow the daddy come anywhere near and he sheepishly runs off everytime.

Since this is Christmas in July we want to nick name the pups christmas type names or after favorite Christmas characters from movies, tv specials etc.

We need 6 male, and 6 female just in case until we learn the sex of each "sextuplet"

TIA

BTW have fun...

PICTURES POSTED TODAY!

Kimberly61
07-25-2008, 08:01 PM
Congrats! Hope you take pics and share them, would love to see some puppies!

Noel is a cute name
Mistletoe(missy for short)
Rudolf(ruddy for short)
Donner
Dixen
Starlite
.....thats all I have lol

kidzpca
07-25-2008, 08:15 PM
Congrats! Hope you take pics and share them, would love to see some puppies!

will post pictures in a few days and as soon as momma allows us to look at her brood for more that a second at a time...(very protective) but will allow us to pet her...

chib44
07-25-2008, 09:18 PM
how about Anibell for anibells wish

MistyWolf
07-26-2008, 12:46 AM
Santa's Little Helper (Simpsons)
Tiny Tim (Christmas Carol)
Hermey (Rudolph)
Alfie Scoop (head elf Rudolph) .. Alfie for short
Clarice (Rudolph)
Comet (coach Rudolph)
King Moonracer (Rudolph)
Professor Hinkle (Frosty)

Reindeer names:

Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner/Donder, Blitzen, and Rudolph.

PrincessArky
07-26-2008, 04:48 AM
oh that is so cool I just love puppies

nanajoanie
07-26-2008, 09:29 AM
Holly berry - bushy, longest hair
Poinsetta - red
Eggnog - burps a lot
Fruitcake - silly, funny
Candy cane - sweet
Snowball - chubby
Jingle bell - noisy
Skater - slides on floors
Snowflake - gentle, quiet

cabby92
07-26-2008, 09:32 AM
C'mon - you can do better than that. Descriptions. There's nothing cuter than baby weiners. Are they red? Black and red? Dappled? Long haired, smooth, wire? What do mom and dad look like? Details!!! I am without weenies at the moment so I live vicariously through other people's dogs.

ElleGee
07-26-2008, 09:42 AM
I am without weenies at the moment so I live vicariously through other people's dogs.

So am I lol.. We can't have dogs until my son moves out. He's allergic

nightrider127
07-26-2008, 10:27 AM
Can't think of 6 each male and female names.

I would like to know if the puppies and their parents would be interested in joining the Spud Ticket.

cabby92
07-26-2008, 11:29 AM
Weenies of America unite for Spud!!

My cats are firmly behind Spud, but only because they are even more scared of the two legged candidates.

MERE CHAT
07-26-2008, 12:34 PM
How about Jaycee, or any variation of the spelling of the initials for Jesus Christ for the "true meaning" of Christmas???

msmom79
07-26-2008, 01:29 PM
frosty----grinch---baby(jesus)---mary--joseph--wise---star---blizzard----icy---- i wanta know what they look like.can you tell us-i just love puppies

Vee030473
07-26-2008, 04:30 PM
Well since the mom's name is Schnapps,Pepper short for peppermint schnapps would be a great female name. Mistletoe would be great for a boy,call him Mistle for short.Kringle for a boy with fuzzy ears.Scotch for all the scotch tape used to wrap gifts. Jeesh there are so many names LOL. I have a 7 month old longhaired Doxie,his name is Ichabod Little Man Tate Crane.

socks1211
07-26-2008, 04:52 PM
aww i cant wait to see pictures

kidzpca
07-26-2008, 07:15 PM
Now that mom leaves the brood for like 5 min to do her thing outside a very few times a day there are 3 black colored like dad, 1 reddish/brown like mom and 2 that we think are more grey but with a little of both black and red mixed in...and mom and dad are both short haired and smooth.

Should hopefully be able to get a quick non flash pic tomorrow during one of mom's short breaks...

btw what is the spud ticket...?

BeanieLuvR
07-26-2008, 08:54 PM
Congrats on the new arrivals!! They sound so cute. :)

cabby92
07-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Now that mom leaves the brood for like 5 min to do her thing outside a very few times a day there are 3 black colored like dad, 1 reddish/brown like mom and 2 that we think are more grey but with a little of both black and red mixed in...and mom and dad are both short haired and smooth.

Should hopefully be able to get a quick non flash pic tomorrow during one of mom's short breaks...

btw what is the spud ticket...?

Spud is a deceased black lab running for president this year. He makes more sense than most.

I'm so jealous. I want a little gray one. Can you paypal him to me??

kidzpca
07-27-2008, 05:07 PM
Pictures Posted....

msmom79
07-27-2008, 05:59 PM
going to check them out-thanks:dancing: