PDA

View Full Version : Sears or JcPenny Portraits?

Qtxann315
07-23-2008, 04:32 PM
I am planning to have a family portrait taken at sears or jcpenny but I don't know which one is better? Has anyone gone and taken their pictures at one of these stores? How much did it cost you and were you satisfied with the pictures?

Renrut
07-23-2008, 06:08 PM
I have coupons for both if you want them once you decide. I have only used Penny's and have never had a problem with them.

Jenefer3
07-23-2008, 06:43 PM
I used to use Sears all the time, loved their pictures but it is spendy. Of course, I like to get some of each different pose so that adds up. I will not do Walmart pictures ever again. We had to have the kids' Christmas pictures redone twice and didn't even get them back until after christmas (even though they promised they'd be back in time).

I think JCPennys and Sears are about the same, not sure about pricing for JCPenny though.

meltodd69
07-23-2008, 07:18 PM
We've used Sears a few times as my son was growing up. The pictures still look great 10+ years later. Like Jenefer3 said if they are important pics don't use walmart. They are poor quality, but if your just out and the kids look cute what the heck, plus you can just buy the package and its real cheap. We have always used Olan Mills for real nice family pics.

Heidi
07-23-2008, 09:09 PM
I use JCPenny mostly. I use to use Sears when my DD was really little, but they pissed me off one time and I haven't been back since. I scheduled an appointment, they even called me the day before to confirm and when I showed up to the appointment they said we didn't have one and we'd have to wait behind 3 other families. No thanks! JcPenny has the coupon for $3.99 sheets and that is what I use. They let us do clothes changes and pick any sheets we want. I'm really satisfied with them.

Qtxann315
07-23-2008, 09:41 PM
Thanks for your quick response. I have coupons for both stores, and I am just wondering if they have any hidden fees. I know they say there isn't a sitting fee and the coupons they send me seems like a really good deal. I am tempted to go in to get the pictures taken before my DS gets to be too big.

Willow
07-24-2008, 02:49 AM
Those are the only two places that I have used. I have gone to JC Penney more often. The pictures come out really nice. The cost will all depend on what package you buy and how many people are being photographed. I believe there is a $9.99 per person sitting fee but there are usually coupons around.

keoka3
07-24-2008, 06:20 AM
I have been to both, we use to go to Sears they had the coupons then for the 3.99 or a little higher, they have backgrounds, but we mostly use Penneys now, they have the 3.99 coupons, and the one we use will take as many pictures as you want. they mostly just have the solid backgrounds though.