PDA

View Full Version : ? for people who sell coupons

ilovecats
07-22-2008, 07:20 PM
I have been thinking of trying this.Do you only list high value coupons or any that you come across?Some of the coupons I find like "$1.00 off 4 boxes of cereal"are useless to me.Does anyone really use these?I am just looking for advice on what to list,how much to ask for,and how many can you put in one envy for the price of a stamp,also anything else I may not have thought of.Thanks

luvcub
07-22-2008, 07:30 PM
I have no clue,but thought Id try it,I have some I just listed,some free coupons in there also,I have never done this before,but live and learn I guess. Good luck to both of us.

ilovecats
07-22-2008, 07:31 PM
I have no clue,but thought Id try it,I have some I just listed,some free coupons in there also,I have never done this before,but live and learn I guess. Good luck to both of us.

Good luck!!!!

Beso
07-22-2008, 07:35 PM
I don't know anything about selling them. Sorry I couldn't help.

I know I use those ones like the $1 off of 4. They ususally put cereal on sale for a good price and then add those makes it better. That is if I can't find a better coupon.

Quaker_Parrots
07-23-2008, 01:36 AM
It is actually illegal to sell coupons. People get around that by charging for their time and shipping. HTH

wobblypops
07-23-2008, 06:05 AM
There is no way I could possibly sell coupons to anyone. I would rather give them away & I cringe every time I see someone offering to sell them. I just feel it's wrong.

Willow
07-23-2008, 06:08 AM
It is actually illegal to sell coupons. People get around that by charging for their time and shipping. HTH

I was going to say this also. I've seen people selling the Coke and Pepsi codes too. I don't think that is illegal but I just gave some to a member a few days ago. We don't use them and they are just going to end up in the trash so why not give them to someone who can use them.

wobblypops
07-23-2008, 06:19 AM
That's how I feel.

During the summer months I don't get the newspaper because the coupons are slim pickens but since I am starting to post more & getting to know who I like & whatnot, I know they will get a PM from me with me offering to mail out the ones I don't want.....for free. The cost of a stamp isn't going to put me in the poor house & I am sorry if some people are having it rougher than others but selling stuff like this is just a moral choice that I could not live with myself for doing.

luvcub
07-23-2008, 06:43 AM
lol,I have never done this before,Im always giving the things away,and thought Id try it out,had even erased the post twice before I sent it in,then thought well,maybe Ill trade,but then,thru the night I decided Im just going to continue giving like I always do,Ill add them to the coupon train a little as I go,thats more like me,and more fun to boot,I also like to send a few fun coupons with letters that I send out,or if its a freebie,I give them to the area unwed home.
Im glad I made the decision. Last night I couldnt find away to delete it after I listed it,so I just edited it this morning,and gave my reason.

atprm
07-23-2008, 12:16 PM
I have been thinking of trying this.Do you only list high value coupons or any that you come across?Some of the coupons I find like "$1.00 off 4 boxes of cereal"are useless to me.Does anyone really use these?I am just looking for advice on what to list,how much to ask for,and how many can you put in one envy for the price of a stamp,also anything else I may not have thought of.Thanks

Ok, because I DO sell coupons...

I list whatever I come across in high volume. (in other words more than 50 or 60 of...). I usually keep half of them for myself, and trade out the rest.

$1/4 are not as good a value, obviously as $1/2 or $1/1, but still hold a trade value of about 5% face value. $1/1 coupons trade for 10% face value.

Free item coupons (even if free wyb) trade out for 20% face value to 30% face value.

Many people use coupons that would otherwise seem useless to you because of doubles, super doubles, triples and quadruples. Even expired coupons have a trade value of 3% face value, because many of us (SE Michigan included) can use expired coupons up to 3 months old.

On an added note... if the $1/1 or 75/1 or 50/1 coupons make an item free after coupon for me, I trade them at a higher rate instead of 10% face value!
Because if they don't trade, I will go out and use them myself.

ilovecats
07-23-2008, 06:19 PM

Yes,I realize that.I meant the time and shipping and just ASSumed a seller would know that.

That's how I feel.

During the summer months I don't get the newspaper because the coupons are slim pickens but since I am starting to post more & getting to know who I like & whatnot, I know they will get a PM from me with me offering to mail out the ones I don't want.....for free. The cost of a stamp isn't going to put me in the poor house & I am sorry if some people are having it rougher than others but selling stuff like this is just a moral choice that I could not live with myself for doing.

If someone is selling something that someone is willing to pay for(other than drugs,or a hitman ,etc.)I don't find it morally wrong.

ilovecats
07-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Ok, because I DO sell coupons...

I list whatever I come across in high volume. (in other words more than 50 or 60 of...). I usually keep half of them for myself, and trade out the rest.

$1/4 are not as good a value, obviously as $1/2 or $1/1, but still hold a trade value of about 5% face value. $1/1 coupons trade for 10% face value.

Free item coupons (even if free wyb) trade out for 20% face value to 30% face value.

Many people use coupons that would otherwise seem useless to you because of doubles, super doubles, triples and quadruples. Even expired coupons have a trade value of 3% face value, because many of us (SE Michigan included) can use expired coupons up to 3 months old.

On an added note... if the $1/1 or 75/1 or 50/1 coupons make an item free after coupon for me, I trade them at a higher rate instead of 10% face value!
Because if they don't trade, I will go out and use them myself.

Thanks for the input.It sounds a little more confusing than I thought though.I don't actually get a lot.I just thought that someone might want what I can't use.Despite what someone else has said,I can not afford stamps to send people coupons for free.I do give away codes when I get them because that doesn't cost me anything.

Kimberly61
07-23-2008, 07:13 PM
I've sold coupons for free products before but for other coupons I give away to the coupon trains and/or to those who may need them.......I get coupons for like cartons of cigarettes that I will never use so I give those away and if I cant afford the stamp then I just ask in return to send me a sase, so you could always go that route if you prefer not to sell but give away what you have.