PDA

View Full Version : Ghostly occurances....in and around my home...

kidzpca
07-18-2008, 08:42 AM
My brother John passed away suddenly in august 1991.

My son was born in April 1994 he's 14 yo now...

After my dot's cancer, treatment, transplant and recovery in 2002,

And a pet cat (Ariel) whom passed away suddenly in our basement the day after my dot's birthday while she was away at camp....in 2003

We have had some strange occurances in our home.

Son states that a few times a man with long hair was seen sitting at our dining room table telling him to watch out for things, guiding him. States that occasionally while riding his bike or with friends he will hear someone state that something they are doing or planning on doing is not a good idea...or not to go this direction or that direction etc.

He states the statements come from behind trees, bushes, buildings or nearby but no one claims to have said anything. (John was found behind bushes severely injured 2 weeks before his death)

One night he came to me saying the man was in his room....I had this feeling to pull out a picture that I had tucked away of John because of descriptions and he confirmed it was him (John) I then and still believe John is guiding my son or may be a guardian angel of my son's...

Son states that a few years ago that he also saw John in the woods near the home of one of our brothers...in hunting gear...son believes John may keep an eye on all his siblings and their kids...because son states Grandpa (our father) claims to have seen John occasionally since his death.

A friend of my son has also stated seeing John in our basement, the boy has never been told of occurances until he experienced it in our home...

As for our cat...son says he has seen a set of cat eyes that stare from areas of the basement but no other pet in anywhere near...mostly this occurs at night in the basement but sometimes occurs during the day.

Both my son and I have felt someone or something looking at us while downstairs but no-one is around not even our pets. We both have seen a dark shadow roaming the basement in the shape of a cat. Sometimes we will have our cat downstairs, she'll be sleeping on the floor, in a chair but will see a shadow nearby that is standing upright or dash accross the floor. It is creepy at times.

Sometimes both my son and I feel creeped out when downstairs but not always.

Anyhow we now want to get a video camera and film during the night to see if we can catch anything. I'm very tempted...but don't have a video camera.

Any ideas of what to use or purchase that won't break the bank?

dinosmom
07-18-2008, 08:50 AM
My DS and I are big fans of Ghost Hunters on SciFi. www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com I think they have a list of equipment suggestions that you can use to "catch" paranormal activity.

Where I live we have a few "ghost hunting" teams that will come out to your house and set up equipment and see if they can find anything and then help you. Its all free. Maybe do a search and see if there is something like that in your area.

PrincessArky
07-18-2008, 09:34 AM
wow hope you are able to find something

I know my childhood home has a ghost no doubt in my mind

MistyWolf
07-18-2008, 09:46 AM
I grew up with ghosties in our house. Scares the crap out of me though .. lol.

Maybe you can go to Best Buy or Circuit City and by an out of box cam corder .. they are always priced cheaper when their out of box.

Oh, and it definitly sounds like your son has a guardian angel .. lucky kid if you ask me ;)

kidzpca
07-18-2008, 09:52 AM
I grew up with ghosties in our house. Scares the crap out of me though .. lol.

Oh, and it definitly sounds like your son has a guardian angel .. lucky kid if you ask me ;)

Me too. Especially since John has never set foot in this house as far as we know since I have only owned this house for 11 years...unless he was in this house when we grew up only 4-5 miles away.

Willow
07-18-2008, 09:55 AM
My DS and I are big fans of Ghost Hunters on SciFi. www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com I think they have a list of equipment suggestions that you can use to "catch" paranormal activity.

Where I live we have a few "ghost hunting" teams that will come out to your house and set up equipment and see if they can find anything and then help you. Its all free. Maybe do a search and see if there is something like that in your area.

I was thinking of Taps when he said he felt like something was watching them in the basement. Often times basements have high emf readings and it can cause paranoia and give you that creeping feeling of being watched.

Char
07-18-2008, 09:55 AM
I would NOT go downstairs ! I am a wuss, and, pretty laid back... don't EVEN like being creeped out, no matter who or what it might be.

My nephew used to hear people talking to him who 'weren't there', but, turned out he was ADHD, they said kids with that, their minds run a mile a minute.

Hope ya figure it out !

kidzpca
07-18-2008, 09:57 AM
I was thinking of Taps when he said he felt like something was watching them in the basement. Often times basements have high emf readings and it can cause paranoia and give you that creeping feeling of being watched.

emf reading like from my computer...LMAO JK

Willow
07-18-2008, 10:04 AM
emf reading like from my computer...LMAO JK

We actually have an emf detector around here somewhere. It's not a very elaborate one. It has three lights that change color. If you're in an area where there are high emf readings it turns green. My son lost it in his closet I think. lol You will get high readings near computers and other sorts of appliances like microwaves. Thanks for sharing your experiences. I love hearing about this stuff. My two older brothers and I have experienced different things like that.

Jackie_Blu
07-18-2008, 10:16 AM
My son was here a few weeks ago one night when we were having a horrific lightning storm. He had his digital camera in his truck and decided to get some pics of the awesome lightning, well...we had some of the "orbs" show up, which was freaky in itself, but.......the ones with actual faces in them shocked the h*ll out of me. There were also a couple of pics with other shapes in them which were rather hard to make out. We did a lot of researching and feel assured we actually have somethings on some of the pics that are not of this world. and he has done more experimenting on different nights, on his property, a friend's place, and mine....but it seems I am the lucky one with the hotbed of activity here lol
Good luck, kidzpa..I hope you get something captured on film:)

Forgot to mention that many times in our researching it was mentioned digital cameras are used in "ghost hunting" and was going to suggest, kidzpa, that if you have one, you take many pics, esp. of your son....who knows, you might get something there:)

THEpouty1
07-18-2008, 10:19 AM
I love things like this and have also experienced some things I can't explain.

Could you maybe start with a digital voice recorder?

ElleGee
07-18-2008, 11:11 AM
I thought of TAPS also...

Willow
07-18-2008, 11:16 AM
I hope their shows will be back soon. I don't like the International Ghost Hunters show. Jason and Grant aren't on it and neither are Steve and Tango. It's not fun watching it without them. They had a mid season finale. lol I've never heard of a mid season finale but hopefully they will be back soon.

Okay I just went and looked at their web site and their new shows start on September 3rd. I guess we will have to find something else to watch on Wednesday nights. lol

luvcub
07-18-2008, 11:22 AM
I see things everyday here,in the hallway outside my daughters room,going into her room,every single day,I see it,and outside on the porch,we live on second floor,I see them coming and going past the picture window off and on all day,never walking like we do,but several inches off the floor,which I was told is a normal plane for them.They dont come in color for me,but I know they are there,Im not scared of them at all,some of them I believe are protectors,I had 1 that guarded me like a hawk for over 4 yrs,finally told him,and he was massive in size,that its ok,Im fine now,I see him maybe 1 a yr now.

Willow
07-18-2008, 11:29 AM
I see things everyday here,in the hallway outside my daughters room,going into her room,every single day,I see it,and outside on the porch,we live on second floor,I see them coming and going past the picture window off and on all day,never walking like we do,but several inches off the floor,which I was told is a normal plane for them.They dont come in color for me,but I know they are there,Im not scared of them at all,some of them I believe are protectors,I had 1 that guarded me like a hawk for over 4 yrs,finally told him,and he was massive in size,that its ok,Im fine now,I see him maybe 1 a yr now.

If I felt like I had someone around protecting me I don't think I could tell them to leave. Maybe they know something I don't. lol

luvcub
07-18-2008, 11:51 AM
I think he was there untill I knew in my mind and soul I was going to finally be ok,he was really guarding me,standing at the entrance way to my room,massive size showing in shadow on the wall,I believe he is still here but doesnt make his self known but maybe 1 time a yr or so. I just meant by saying what I did,that I wanted him to know that Im fine now,its ok,that no ones going to hurt me anymore,I guess I had come into my own about that time,it was funny when my sister would come over,and walk into my room thru the door she would get chills down her arms,she figured it out when she seen my mighty protector one night about 10 pm as she was setting on my bed looking out toward the hallway.