PDA

View Full Version : I am soooo jealous

tngirl
07-17-2008, 05:58 PM
My daughter is going to Philly at the end of the month. She just called to let me know she had reserved her hostel and talking about she was going to go to NYC, too. Ahhhhh, to be young and unattached again.

YankeeMary
07-17-2008, 06:02 PM
I hope she has a blast!!! Wonder what the going rate for a hostel is in Philly now days??? LOL

msmom79
07-17-2008, 06:07 PM
I Thought Hostels Are Places For Girls Who Arnt Good... Lol! Hope She Has A Great Time

ElleGee
07-17-2008, 06:10 PM
My daughter is going to Philly at the end of the month. She just called to let me know she had reserved her hostel and talking about she was going to go to NYC, too. Ahhhhh, to be young and unattached again.

*sigh...

I can't wait until my kids are 18... 8 years to go lol!

tsquared
07-17-2008, 07:44 PM
Hmmmmmmmmmmm Hostels huh............no wonder you want to go too..........

tngirl
07-17-2008, 08:03 PM
That is HOSTEL T, not hostile...lmao.

YankeeMary
07-17-2008, 08:05 PM
I love yah to death tngirl.

tngirl
07-17-2008, 08:05 PM
I Thought Hostels Are Places For Girls Who Arnt Good... Lol! Hope She Has A Great Time
I will consider that as a joke, but considering you don't know me that well, I don't find it amusing.

If I am wrong, sorry, just kind of sensitive at the moment.

msmom79
07-17-2008, 09:56 PM
i am sorry i didnt mean anything bad about it- i thought you had meant to say hotel and it came out differently by mistyping-excuse me

tngirl
07-18-2008, 04:26 AM
i am sorry i didnt mean anything bad about it- i thought you had meant to say hotel and it came out differently by mistyping-excuse me
Oh, no problem. I apologize. It is just with the way things have been of late it makes one kind of sensitive, kwim?

jedmatters
07-18-2008, 06:15 AM
My son is now jealous. He loves New York City, and would love to go alone. He has always wanted to go to Philly. He thinks the best way to "experience the city" is through a Hostel, and wishes he could have done that.

I hope she has the time of her life there.

msmom79
07-18-2008, 06:27 AM
Oh, no problem. I apologize. It is just with the way things have been of late it makes one kind of sensitive, kwim?

i absolutely kwym; i thought it was just a misspelling--dont take this wrong,but when i first read this i was like what? i really hope your daughter has a great time,i am getting ready for my vacation at the end of the month,and i am so excited.

PrincessArky
07-18-2008, 06:33 AM
oh great now I am jealous too :(

really I hope you has an amazing time

wobblypops
07-18-2008, 12:16 PM
Is she driving? You won't get me back in Philla for anything anymore. Tell her to be careful, very careful.

If she is driving & wants to go for a two hour cruise, up near me, I can show her a few cool things in the Lancaster county area, especially Shadey Maple Buffet. Of course, if she comes up into that area she will also see all those dam horse & buggies.

tngirl
07-18-2008, 12:27 PM
Jed, how old is your son? Is he cute?.....lol.

msmom, thanks, she is soooo looking forward to it.

wobbly, she is flying up, but I don't know if she is renting a car or what she is doing for transportation. I do know that she is taking the train from Philly to NYC and staying in another hostel there.

wobblypops
07-18-2008, 12:30 PM
We have a hostel in our town for the hikers that come off the appalachian mountains! I just found this out the other week when I picked a hiker up while he was hitching a ride back to the top of the mountain to continue his journey.

I hate cities, even the city of Reading is getting so bad that I won't even go neat there anymore.

jedmatters
07-18-2008, 01:10 PM
Jed, how old is your son? Is he cute?.....lol.

He is 18...
I think he is cute... looks like a clone of his daddy.
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm148/jmeisner/JohnnyBigBend.jpg

tngirl
07-18-2008, 04:02 PM
Awwww, too young for my baby girl...she is going to be 26 in September...boy the time flies.

He does look like an attractive young man. He kid of resembles my son at that age.

tuggerbug
07-18-2008, 04:16 PM
Is she driving? You won't get me back in Philla for anything anymore. Tell her to be careful, very careful.

If she is driving & wants to go for a two hour cruise, up near me, I can show her a few cool things in the Lancaster county area, especially Shadey Maple Buffet. Of course, if she comes up into that area she will also see all those dam horse & buggies.

WOW! Shadey Maple is still there? We used to go there once a week. I think I heard Farmer Brown's market is gone? Too sad. We had a pizza shop right down the road in Elverson. I miss that area. Especially all the good homemade food!

LunaChick
07-18-2008, 06:40 PM

I live right outside of Philly and work in Philly. Philly isn't all that great of a place to be visiting unless you're going to the historic district. And that should be during the day. If she's going to be in the burbs or just outside of Philly, she'll be fine.

And what you said about Reading Wobblypops is an understatement. Reading has gone to the dogs. It's almost as crime ridden as Philly.