PDA

View Full Version : Rush

wobblypops
07-15-2008, 12:03 AM
My count down has begun! On Thursday evening I will be in the 18th row, center stage watching my favorite band for the 4th time....RUSH!

I'm so excited & it's getting so close that I am not sleeping right.

What was your last concert?

dispatcher
07-15-2008, 03:13 AM
my last concert was cinderella/bon jovi-slippery when wet in biloxi, ms a LONG time ago.

i've been to a ratt concert, motley crue concert, oak ridge boys, kenny rogers, george strait, hank williams jr. i think thats it

PrincessArky
07-15-2008, 06:07 AM
hope you have a wonderful time

My last concert.......do you really wanna know???

The Wiggles lol

wobblypops
07-15-2008, 06:15 AM
The Wiggles! :lol I love the fruit salad song!

Let's see, I've seen.....

Chicago

Neil Diamond

Foghat

Iron Maiden

Joe Perry Project

Judus Priest (2x)

Pink Floyd

Alice Cooper

MegaDeath

Rush

Journey

Lou Reed

Creed

Johnny Cash

There's a lot more but these are all I can think of off the top of my head. I'm still fuzzy from the Melatonin I took a few hours ago.

April78945
Aerosmith/Motley Crew 2 years ago

dv8grl
SWEET! I love RUSH.

My last concert was Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers. I've seen them live over 20 times. I never miss them when they come to town., they're probably the only "band" that I'd go see live now-a-days.

wobblypops
07-15-2008, 06:17 AM
I saw Areosmith too.

I still have my Petty tickets, I was too sick to go to that one. :(

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Def Leppard (which sucked).

Ambrianna
07-16-2008, 05:29 PM
My count down has begun! On Thursday evening I will be in the 18th row, center stage watching my favorite band for the 4th time....RUSH!

I'm so excited & it's getting so close that I am not sleeping right.

What was your last concert?

My last...2 times with Trans-Siberian Orchestra last year...then before that a few times seeing Creed.

My husband is going to see Rush on July 22nd! He's just as excited as you are, hehe...Rush is his all-time fav band too.

Have a wonderful time! :)

wobblypops
07-17-2008, 10:34 AM
I'll post how it was! I have the song list & my date for the evening (a male friend) is making a cd of it for me in the same order!

It's time to soon get ready to go, he's coming in from Md. & we're going to go for a hike before the show!

YankeeMary
07-17-2008, 01:15 PM
I saw Areosmith too.

I still have my Petty tickets, I was too sick to go to that one. :(

Oh yeah, I forgot all about Def Leppard (which sucked).

Hey now be nice. Def Leppard rules...hehe.

I can't believe you are going to go see Rush. That is wonderful. I hope you have a great time.

Beso
07-17-2008, 01:30 PM
You should have a great time seeing Rush.

I get to see Live friday locally for free.

Char
07-17-2008, 03:16 PM
Sweet ! I hope they do "New World Man" ! And of course, about everything else !

Take Off !! :wings

Char
07-17-2008, 03:28 PM
My concert fixes started way back...

Bobby Goldsboro (lol) I was maybe 11 or 12 years old.

Bobby Sherman (must have been a "bobby" thing ! LOL! )

The Beach Boys

Kenny Rogers

ZZTop <- excellent

Van Halen - Jump <- excellent

38 Special

John Cougar Melloncamp <- the BEST concert I've even seen

Bob Seger - Lock and Load <- excellent

and some others I can't think of...lol, I'd have to pull my 'ticket stub' stash. Keep in mind, several were in the 80's... and that decade was a BLURRRRR ! :wings

Who I want to see:

AC/DC
Neil Young

ElleGee
07-17-2008, 04:23 PM
OMG you lucky swear word!!! Me = Green with envy

have fun :)

nedthenanite
07-17-2008, 05:39 PM
let's see.....

my first was the beach boys in the 80's

in no particular order...
urge overkill
kenny wayne sheppard
pink floyd
the who(on my birthday in '96)
steely dan
tom petty
chuck berry
tommy james & the shondells-both c.b. and t.j. were at a festival when i was young.
spacehog
the toadies
bjork
natalie merchant
r.e.m.
weezer

that's about it.

ElleGee
07-17-2008, 05:42 PM
Bjork? were you sober? lol

wobblypops
07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
What a great show! I swear they were just as good as when I first saw them 20 years ago. They looked liked they were having so much fun! They're the greatest!

Here was the song list....

The line up we'll be seeing........

SET ONE:

Video intro (same as 2007)

Limelight
Digital Man
Ghost of a Chance
Mission
Freewill
The Main Monkey Business
The Larger Bowl (W/ McKenzie Brothers intro from 2007 leg)
Red Barchetta
The Trees
Between The Wheels
Dreamline

INTERMISSION

SET TWO:

Far Cry (What's That Smeel video featuring all 3 members)
Workin' Them Angels
Armor & Sword
Spindrift
The Way The Wind Blows
Subdivisions
Natural Science
Witch Hunt
Malignant Narcissism (drum solo)
Hope
The Spirit Of Radio
2112: Overture/ The Temples Of Syrinx (I am soooooo happy to see this one added!!!!)
Tom Sawyer (South Park intro)

ENCORE

One Little Victory
A Passage To Bangkok
YYZ

Video outro (same as 2007)

wobblypops
07-18-2008, 12:05 PM
I also saw 38 speacial, I forgot all about them. Huey Lewis opened up for them with their "I want a new drug tour"

YankeeMary
07-18-2008, 12:08 PM
WOW Huey Lewis...lol. I forgot all about him. Sure glad you enjoyed it.

wobblypops
07-18-2008, 12:12 PM
I swear they are the greatest band in concert EVER!

As hot as it was last night, when they played 2112: Overture/ The temples of Syrinx & A passage to Bankok I had goose pimples! :lol

They did have a strange thing on their stage & my friend said they had it at the other 3 concerts for this tour. Yes, he saw them 4 times alone just for this tour! They had these 3 huge rotisserie ovens that held, maybe, 30 or more whole chickens & they cooked during the whole concert! Every once in a while a person in a chicken suit would come out & see if they were cooking okay!

I guess they eat a lot of chicken! I was close enough to smell them & they sure did smell great! Guess what I'm cooking for dinner tonight?!?!?!!? Yep, rotisserie chicken!

PrincessArky
07-18-2008, 12:15 PM
glad ya had a great time

wobblypops
07-18-2008, 12:18 PM
Thanks, I really did! There was two drunks in front of me that I could have done without but other than that the night was perfect. I had to stop the drunks from falling over into me at least 5 times & the one guy was really tall but when he saw I was having a hard time seeing over him, he switched places with his wife so I could see better.

catdance
07-18-2008, 12:21 PM
I have seen everyone..except, Led Zepplin..we camped all night long and after Robert Plants daughter died, Soliers Field had a RIOT, not in a good way..fav concert and will always be Micheal Jackson, tours of OFF THE WALL, THRILLER and BAD..I adore RUSH..2112 Overture.."WE ARE THE PRIESTS", just saw them, they were just so great..
I have loved Tony Bennett, Frank Sinatra a gasillion years ago at Chicagofest on Navy Pier..CHEAP TRICK this was good three night, three albums..just a great 3 drunken nights.. PRINCE is always great in Minneapolis..ALWAYS..THE WHO, Moby/without Gwen and then she showed....1983..DONNA SUMMER always good..I live in Minneapolis..we have First Avenue, I have seen them all between Minneapolis/Chicago/Alpine Valley in Wisco..I have seen them all, I do adore Neil Diamond..my MOTHER FORCED to like him..PINK, GWEN..HEAD BANGERS MOTORHEAD..once when my fiance was alive they sang a song.."jailbait" they asked ANYONE GOT JAILBAIT..appartently he did..he ripped off my top...so the drummer gave me his leather, I have it to this day, I thought to put with the cremation of Rolf, but I kept it, I have thought to give to my sisters kids, but probably will not..Since Rolf has died in the late 1980's.
I have really priceless T-shirts..one day, I will just sell them off.. or not...
I am a head banger at times...have a great show!

MistyWolf
07-18-2008, 12:24 PM
I have seen Rush 5 times .. I hope you have a great time!

My last concert was Poison last summer. I am not a huge Poison fan, but the tickets were free :) .. lol

wobblypops
07-18-2008, 12:33 PM
I love Poison & I have a friend who grew up with Brett. I have a personal picture of the two of them that I keep in my head board so I get to sleep with Brett every night! :lol

I wish I could remember the first time I saw Rush, I guess I'm going to have to get my ticket stub book out & go over everything when I add the stub from last night!

MistyWolf
07-18-2008, 12:37 PM
I seen Rush the first time in the early 80's .. I did have all my ticket stubs, but when my purse was stolen those went bye-bye.

bockad
07-18-2008, 04:20 PM
Thursday the 24th we will be seeing RUSH in Indiana. I can't wait. My husband and I are taking our two boys 19, AND 16. We are all excited. My husband and I saw them June 10th in Detroit and it was great!

Long time rush an from way back. Have see them over 15 times.
LOVE IT! They are great.