PDA

View Full Version : Stimulus refund and child support arrears!

sandooch
07-08-2008, 08:34 AM
May I ask the moms/dads out there whose ex-spouse's were in child support arrears if you received all or a portion of their stimulus refund?

I did receive my ex's federal tax return which the child support agency intercepted ( a whopping $351! :argh: ) but nothing from his stimulus refund. I was certain that I had read in a few places on different boards that if a an ex-spouse was behind in child support payments and was entitled to a stimulus refund that his/her portion would be intercepted and it would go towards those arrears.

Anyone?

Lild
07-08-2008, 08:40 AM
I know Renrut got her ex's......
I also think my sister in law got her ex's as well

Kimberly61
07-08-2008, 08:50 AM
they took mine and dh's for back child support months ago and we got a letter stating that it went to back child support and that I could file an injured spouse claim to get my portion, once I file it would take 8 weeks, so you should be getting some sort of letter to let you know if you are getting it.

JewRican
My ex got a letter from the IRS that his was taken.

ElleGee
I didn't get my ex's.. Hell I am not even sure he filed this year. If he did I probably would've gotten it..

mewoman
07-08-2008, 08:55 AM
they took mine and dh's for back child support months ago and we got a letter stating that it went to back child support and that I could file an injured spouse claim to get my portion, once I file it would take 8 weeks, so you should be getting some sort of letter to let you know if you are getting it.

I think they wait until the spouse's time to object is over before they give it to the CP. I know the one year I got an intercept, I didn't receive it until October or November, due to this reason. My ex is almost 20k in arrears, so I'm hoping he filed for the stimulus refund.

luvcub
07-08-2008, 09:01 AM
if you owed they took,and if you didnt have your own income for the past yr,then you cant apply for the injured spouse,Ive been thru this 5 times in the last 2months with the IRS,even know Im on my hubbys tax papers,I still cant have any of the money from any of the checks,I didnt create his child,so why dont I get mine?? Because there greedy!

ahippiechic
07-08-2008, 09:04 AM
if you owed they took,and if you didnt have your own income for the past yr,then you cant apply for the injured spouse,Ive been thru this 5 times in the last 2months with the IRS,even know Im on my hubbys tax papers,I still cant have any of the money from any of the checks,I didnt create his child,so why dont I get mine?? Because there greedy!

Ummm....it's not because they are greedy, it is because he did not pay his child support and got behind. They are trying to collect a legitimate debt. If he still owes, I would file separately next year so they won't take your money too.

Lild
07-08-2008, 09:05 AM
Ummm....it's not because they are greedy, it is because he did not pay his child support and got behind. They are trying to collect a legitimate debt. If he still owes, I would file separately next year so they won't take your money too.

yepp....file seperate and if you have kids together, you claim the kids on yours

mewoman
07-08-2008, 09:05 AM

What she said....

If you can afford not to work, great, but don't blame us who are waiting for deadbeat dads to pay and can't even afford new clothes.
I spent many years doing without and shopping at thrift stores because my ex didn't pay. My kids got their best meals at school. Do don't you dare call us all greedy!!!

luvcub
07-08-2008, 09:06 AM
I agree very much with you,but they shouldnt take another persons money for something they had no part of. Next yr I will do exactly as you said to do.
Good idea.

Lild
07-08-2008, 09:07 AM
I agree very much with you,but they shouldnt take another persons money for something they had no part of. Next yr I will do exactly as you said to do.
Good idea.

Your married, his debt is yours...they have every right

luvcub
07-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I have kids that got no child support,so I know when its owed its owed and the mother needs it,Im all for the taking of the money,but the stimul. checks,they took mine also.

ElleGee
07-08-2008, 09:08 AM
I agree very much with you,but they shouldnt take another persons money for something they had no part of.

Welcome to the United States dear :)

sandooch
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
Thanks to all for your replies. Guess I'll just keep on waiting.

luvcub
07-08-2008, 09:09 AM
I wasnt calling you all greedy,no way at all,never,Im talking about the goverment taking the wives stimul. checks.

Lild
07-08-2008, 09:12 AM
I wasnt calling you all greedy,no way at all,never,Im talking about the goverment taking the wives stimul. checks.

I understand you being upset they took your portion, all I am saying is, when you are married your debt is his and his is yours.
He is behind in child support, and when you file joint (as you see now) they take yours too.
Simple solution so you can keep your money (don't file together)

sandooch
07-08-2008, 09:14 AM
I see where you're coming from, luvcub. I don't know exactly how much of the stimulus refund gets intercepted to pay arrears, but I do want to make it clear that I would never expect my ex's new wife and their daughter's portions of that refund, just my ex's portion.

luvcub
07-08-2008, 09:15 AM
It is a simple solution,I wont file with him anymore. I wasnt being rude to anyone,and would never begrudge another person their child support,and lord knows my kids went with out alot growing up for not getting any help from their dads,Im not a rude person.

luvcub
07-08-2008, 09:17 AM
I see where you're coming from, luvcub. I don't know exactly how much of the stimulus refund gets intercepted to pay arrears, but I do want to make it clear that I would never expect my ex's new wife and their daughter's portions of that refund, just my ex's portion.

Thank you for understanding.

LuvBigRip
07-08-2008, 09:17 AM
The government wasn't greedy. They took it to help offset a debt created by the louse (man or woman) who doesn't pay their support. My ex's tax return was taken. I haven't heard anything on his stimulus yet. We will see. I know that when his tax return was taken a few years ago he was furious. Now he files for his return to be mailed snail mail, it takes longer to get to me. Jerk.

You may not have created the child, but when you marry someone, you assume their debt. Because I have been in a situation of being owed support, and knowing the hell it put me and my children in, I could never, ever tolerate living with a man who did not assume his responsibilities. JMO

luvcub
07-08-2008, 09:28 AM
I expect my hubby to pay all he owes,Ive never even meet the child,My ex owes 30,ooo bucks for my kids,and has been to jail and to court,and I still get nothing,he even worked for fema,and they didnt catch it,believe me,Ive struggled like alot of single parent house holds. I know its hard,Im sorry if anyone really thought I was pin pointing them as single moms,I wasnt I was one also. Im very sorry.

ahippiechic
07-08-2008, 09:39 AM
I understand that you want to keep your money.

A lot of us have pretty strong feeling about this. Nothing personal really, we just say what we think.

Lild
07-08-2008, 09:41 AM
I wasn't trying to come of rude...It's like Hippie said, most people here are just blunt..please don't take offense.

Njean31
07-08-2008, 09:57 AM
I could never, ever tolerate living with a man who did not assume his responsibilities. JMO

let alone marry one. my daughter right now is dating a boy who is 21 years old and has a kid. he DON'T have a job even though he is perfectly capable of working. his MAMA pay's his child support. now, he's leeching off my daughter and she is dumb enough to let him. i taught her better than this. she is going to be in a world of hurt if she marries him or get's pregnant by him. i will be so done with helping her financially if she does. I CAN NOT STAND HIM AND HE KNOWS IT. he calls me a b for thinking he's a loser. what else is he? i don't want to hear her crying about "he's gotta pay child support and we are short this month" if she marries him. she KNOWS this from the get go. be prepared for 16 years of dealing with baby mama and paying child support. don't whine about it to me.

sandooch
07-08-2008, 10:05 AM
Njean31, I am so sorry your daughter is in that kind of relationship. (((HUGS)))

Lild
07-08-2008, 10:07 AM
let alone marry one. my daughter right now is dating a boy who is 21 years old and has a kid. he DON'T have a job even though he is perfectly capable of working. his MAMA pay's his child support. now, he's leeching off my daughter and she is dumb enough to let him. i taught her better than this. she is going to be in a world of hurt if she marries him or get's pregnant by him. i will be so done with helping her financially if she does. I CAN NOT STAND HIM AND HE KNOWS IT. he calls me a b for thinking he's a loser. what else is he? i don't want to hear her crying about "he's gotta pay child support and we are short this month" if she marries him. she KNOWS this from the get go. be prepared for 16 years of dealing with baby mama and paying child support. don't whine about it to me.

Oh no, that is horrible! Do you think she is going to end up getting married to him??

Njean31
07-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Oh no, that is horrible! Do you think she is going to end up getting married to him??

i hope not....they have only been dating for a couple of months but they already are saying they love each other. he lives at home with his mama, she pays his child support, he drinks beer like a fish, he don't have a driver's license nor a job. i don't understand her at all. she is a beautiful girl inside and out.......obviously just dumb as a box of rocks though.

LuvBigRip
07-08-2008, 11:47 AM

Good Lord. I just don't understand why girls do this. Like he will change and treat them better than his last relationship. He is a loser.

Kimberly61
07-08-2008, 11:54 AM
I didnt work to claim my own money but I was told by the irs that I am entitled to my half of the payment which is 600 bucks! and they told me in order to recieve that money I would have to file an injured spouse claim form in which they mailed me and said it would take 8 weeks to process....if it comes it comes if it dont it dont is my way of thinking about it.....I've been screwed over to much in the past because of my dh's mistake as a teenager to really expect to get it this time either, but the last stimulous payment a few years ago I did get my half so there is always hope.

Luvcub I so agree with you! I know you all are grrr on the subject of deadbeat dads but thats your case its not always everyone elses case, there are a lot of good dads out there that dont deserve to be catagorized as a deadbeat dad because he owes back support.....there is also A LOT of money hungry greedy think everyone owes them mom's out there to but we NEVER hear about them lol

ElleGee
07-08-2008, 11:58 AM
..there is also A LOT of money hungry greedy think everyone owes them mom's out there to but we NEVER hear about them lol

That's because none of them are here.....
*none of the mothers here think that way

Kimberly61
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I'm definately not saying anyone on this board is like that at all because I dont know every single person and their situation, I am just saying that it gets a little old for everyone to be cutting down all dads who owe back support.....my dh is a great dad and he owes over 4 thousand dollars because we got screwed by the system while his daughter was living with us....it just seemed to me that a lot here think that if a man owes back support that he is a deadbeat.......I am just giving my opinion on facts and not wanting to start something so no one take any offense.......I agree if money is owed to you then you should get it but I also agree that the spouse is entitled to their half whether they worked or not, that is why they have injured spouse claims.

LuvBigRip
07-08-2008, 12:12 PM
I didnt work to claim my own money but I was told by the irs that I am entitled to my half of the payment which is 600 bucks! and they told me in order to recieve that money I would have to file an injured spouse claim form in which they mailed me and said it would take 8 weeks to process....if it comes it comes if it dont it dont is my way of thinking about it.....I've been screwed over to much in the past because of my dh's mistake as a teenager to really expect to get it this time either, but the last stimulous payment a few years ago I did get my half so there is always hope.

Luvcub I so agree with you! I know you all are grrr on the subject of deadbeat dads but thats your case its not always everyone elses case, there are a lot of good dads out there that dont deserve to be catagorized as a deadbeat dad because he owes back support.....there is also A LOT of money hungry greedy think everyone owes them mom's out there to but we NEVER hear about them lol

No union that created a life should ever be thought of as a mistake. I think the overwhelmingly majority of parents who are owed child support are owed it because the non-custodial parent uses the money as a tool. My ex thought that if I got desperate enough financially, I would come crawling back to him. I would have rather sold my body on a street corner. When an ex owes you upwards of $40K, that is just plain spiteful, and hateful to your children. Yet, my ex is always telling them how much he loves them, not enough to voluntarily pay all the money he owes them. That's the bottom line. The money isn't owed to the 1st wife, ex-gf or the one night stand, it is owed to the flesh and blood child that he/she helped make. Period.

Lild
07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
The money isn't owed to the 1st wife, ex-gf or the one night stand, it is owed to the flesh and blood child that he/she helped make. Period.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

JewRican
07-08-2008, 12:23 PM
My ex withheld CS and it's finally biting him in the ass. His wife is pissed that their tax return and stimulus payments are going to me. My thinking is she had no problem spending his paychecks when he wasn't paying, telling me to suck it up and be patient waiting for the AG to attach his checks, so she should suck it up and STFU now.

My ex hates to be called a deadbeat and swears he takes care of our kid. Sorry but 1 pair of booty shorts is not taking care of your kid. Now I am getting sob stories of how this is affecting his marriage, he can't afford to see her this summer and support his family. Sorry dude, but I have no sympathy.

buttrfli
07-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Ok, I have a question...

for those of you who got your ex's stimulus check, how did you get it? Did it go to your bank acct, by check or on your CS card? (we have a debit card that the CS funds go onto when/if we ever get CS). The last time my grand DD got any child support was in April and I am hoping that since we put her on our 2007 taxes, that we'll get her deadbeat dad's stimulus... or his tax return.

Should I have heard something by now? I am not really being impatient as much as I am afraid that GDDs mom may be given the money because it took us 11 months to get our local child support office to put our info on the case and remove her mom as custodial parent.

If she gets it, we'll never see it *sigh*

LuvBigRip
07-08-2008, 01:15 PM
For me, if I get it, it will have been taken by the State of Nevada for back child support, and then direct deposited in my account. However you have the child support set to be taken would be how you would get it. If they had their tax return direct deposited, it would be 8-12 weeks after that, long enough to allow for injured spouse claims. If there is no injured spouse claim, then the money would be released. If they had the refund check snail mailed, then it would be 8-12 weeks after the last two digits of their SSN. My ex's ssn last two are 96, so if he got a stimulus check, it would be 8-12 weeks after the 11th that i will see it.

Edited to add: In my case, the arrearages had to go to judgement before an order could go to take his refunds.

Edited again to add: If you put your GD on your 2007 taxes, she would have been your dependant, not his, and you should have been eligible for a stimulus payment for her, not him.

Urban Cowgirl
07-08-2008, 02:00 PM
My sister got her exes stimulus to go toward arrears.

Urban Cowgirl
07-08-2008, 02:10 PM
My ex withheld CS and it's finally biting him in the ass. His wife is pissed that their tax return and stimulus payments are going to me. My thinking is she had no problem spending his paychecks when he wasn't paying, telling me to suck it up and be patient waiting for the AG to attach his checks, so she should suck it up and STFU now.

:star:

What goes around, comes around!!! LMAO

Njean31
07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
No union that created a life should ever be thought of as a mistake.

i feel sorry for any child who's thought of as a mistake. people need to realize when you marry a man who has a child underage.......they are going to have to be prepared that their husband will be paying child support. don't matter when it happened, how it happened, weather they were drunk, tripped, tricked, or duped into it or they really didn't mean it and all that horsesheet........

oh, and i love those who try and get custody for the sole purpose of not having to pay child support. poor children.

Njean31
07-08-2008, 02:22 PM
i do want to add though i really don't think it's fair to take the spouse's tax refund and their part of the stimulus check.

LuvBigRip
07-08-2008, 02:41 PM
i do want to add though i really don't think it's fair to take the spouse's tax refund and their part of the stimulus check.

Then file married filing separately.

Renrut
07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
I got my ex's and I have a child support debit card but got a paper check. The irs sent c.s it and they cut me a check. Not sure why it didn't go on the card but I got it, that's all that counts,right.

flute
07-08-2008, 03:45 PM

What's that ole saying about payback?

PS you made me giggle!

Njean31
07-08-2008, 03:48 PM
Then file married filing separately.

yep, that would take care of it.

JewRican
07-08-2008, 04:02 PM
Ok, I have a question...

for those of you who got your ex's stimulus check, how did you get it? Did it go to your bank acct, by check or on your CS card? (we have a debit card that the CS funds go onto when/if we ever get CS). The last time my grand DD got any child support was in April and I am hoping that since we put her on our 2007 taxes, that we'll get her deadbeat dad's stimulus... or his tax return.

Should I have heard something by now? I am not really being impatient as much as I am afraid that GDDs mom may be given the money because it took us 11 months to get our local child support office to put our info on the case and remove her mom as custodial parent.

If she gets it, we'll never see it *sigh*

In Texas they hold it for 120 days from the first day of the following month they receive it. The AG received it 3/14 but the 120 didn't start until 4/1, so I'm still waiting. I don't know if they are going to put it on the card or mail a check. I didn't know that they had it until my ex called b*tching and called back to say the AG credited him so could I be nice and send his wife her half?:twitch

I called this week when he told me they sent him the letter about his stimulus check to find out I won't be getting the money this week. :hmpf:

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-08-2008, 05:13 PM
I got my ex's refunds. I have the debit card. I got $1,600+ in May BUT when it showed up on my card ( I can veiw online) it was actually listed in my account in April,but didin't get the funds until the end of May. I also just called today ,to see if there was a payment and there was a $298 listed,when they said the payment date it was for June 7th. So basically,they held it for 30 days.

You can call me greedy or wahtever,but I am the one raising my child ALONE physically,emotionally and financially,so when they take his refunds..Fark yay,I say "gimme" It's owed to me for my child.

Urban Cowgirl
07-08-2008, 06:42 PM

Well its not fair that deadbeat parents can remarry and continue to procreate either, but they can.

ElleGee
07-08-2008, 06:56 PM
Well its not fair that deadbeat parents can remarry and continue to procreate either, but they can.

http://members.cox.net/ladygwen1/chek.gif

Njean31
07-08-2008, 08:09 PM

i agree! believe me, i have no sympathy for deadbeat dads or their new girlfriends/wives who whine about child support.

sandooch
07-08-2008, 10:54 PM

Amen to that! And most of the time after they do, they forget about their kids from their first marriage. I didn't want to believe that would happen to my kids, but it did. Breaks my heart. I thank God every day that they've got a terrific step-father who really does treat them as his own and is always there for them. They love him to pieces and call him dad.

Kimberly61
07-08-2008, 11:11 PM
My mom always said(because my real dad was a deadbeat) that a mother is a mother all your life, a father is a father till he takes a new wife......which is true in most cases but not all

DAVESBABYDOLL
07-09-2008, 06:46 AM
My mom always said(because my real dad was a deadbeat) that a mother is a mother all your life, a father is a father till he takes a new wife......which is true in most cases but not all

I always hear

"A daughter's a daughter all her life ,a son is a son till he takes a wife" This one would explain why lots of MIL hate their DIL's LMAO

Both true in a lot of cases.

Kimberly61
07-26-2008, 08:58 PM
for those who's spouse owes back child support and you dont work and your stimulous payment went or is going to back support you CAN file a injured spouse claim and you WILL recieve your portion....I did and I got my 600 bucks! :) Took the full 8 weeks after filing the injured spouse claim as it stated but you do recieve your portion. Not sure of the deadline to file a injured spouse claim though, you'd have to call and find out and request the form.

oh and you will get a certified letter in the mail stating that you are not owed any portion of the reg refund but that your portion of the stimulous will be mailed to you.

meltodd69
07-27-2008, 07:24 AM

I would never file separately. Never, never,never. That is what Irs wants you to do. You will loose all credits! Always file an injured spouse. I filed alot of people this year with an injured spouse. And even filed admendments for previous years. Everyone of them were so happy. Alot of people don't know how that works. At first it will look like a normal return. Only difference is that little form that gets attached. When the Irs gets your return, they will figure which income belong to who. Then they will separate it. They will take the share that belongs to the spouse that owes, but will not touch yours. You will get every dime that you are entitled to.
You loose all the good credits when you file separately. The biggest one is the earned income credit. And if you have kids that is your return most of the time.
Sure it takes a couple more weeks for them to go through an injured spouse. So it will probably take you 8 weeks for your return instead of 6. So if you go to someone to prepare your taxes and you like to do that stupid rapid refund, don't! You will be paying your tax preparer for that loan and you won't get it. Don't waste your money.
The injured spouse form is very easy for anyone to fill out. Anyone needs help next year I will be here. Just Pm me and I will help as much as I can.

These people that don't pay thier child support are the worse. I had a lady that owed and boy she was mad when they took her refund. I tried to tell her she owed a debt and she argued with me that it wasn't a debt. Finally I lost it and let her have it and told her that not paying her child support was the worse debt ever!!!! You owe your children!!!!!
I did find out something on child support this year. I filled a gentlemans taxes for the stimulus. He has been disabled for years. Well he owed child support. They can't take his disability. But he just turned retirement age. They are now taking part if his social security every month to pay it off. He thought he would never have to pay since so much time went by. Wrong!!!!! Granted his children are grown, but that debt never goes away. So anyone that is not getting thier child support, remember that! Granted you may have to wait forever, but you can still get your money. Maybe they will take enough that the dead beats will have to go back to work after they retiree. Would serve them right.

vicky122
07-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I would never file separately. Never, never,never. That is what Irs wants you to do. You will loose all credits! Always file an injured spouse. I filed alot of people this year with an injured spouse. And even filed admendments for previous years. Everyone of them were so happy. Alot of people don't know how that works. At first it will look like a normal return. Only difference is that little form that gets attached. When the Irs gets your return, they will figure which income belong to who. Then they will separate it. They will take the share that belongs to the spouse that owes, but will not touch yours. You will get every dime that you are entitled to.
You loose all the good credits when you file separately. The biggest one is the earned income credit. And if you have kids that is your return most of the time.
Sure it takes a couple more weeks for them to go through an injured spouse. So it will probably take you 8 weeks for your return instead of 6. So if you go to someone to prepare your taxes and you like to do that stupid rapid refund, don't! You will be paying your tax preparer for that loan and you won't get it. Don't waste your money.
The injured spouse form is very easy for anyone to fill out. Anyone needs help next year I will be here. Just Pm me and I will help as much as I can.

These people that don't pay thier child support are the worse. I had a lady that owed and boy she was mad when they took her refund. I tried to tell her she owed a debt and she argued with me that it wasn't a debt. Finally I lost it and let her have it and told her that not paying her child support was the worse debt ever!!!! You owe your children!!!!!
I did find out something on child support this year. I filled a gentlemans taxes for the stimulus. He has been disabled for years. Well he owed child support. They can't take his disability. But he just turned retirement age. They are now taking part if his social security every month to pay it off. He thought he would never have to pay since so much time went by. Wrong!!!!! Granted his children are grown, but that debt never goes away. So anyone that is not getting thier child support, remember that! Granted you may have to wait forever, but you can still get your money. Maybe they will take enough that the dead beats will have to go back to work after they retiree. Would serve them right.

My bil is on disability and yes they do take it from his disability. He is paying back child support and the kid is in his 20,s.

meltodd69
07-27-2008, 05:44 PM
I would check with a lawyer on them taking his disability. They did that to a friend of mine for two years. Well, they had to pay him all that back. And tried with another. If you don't know any better, and they can get away with it they will.

Willow
07-27-2008, 05:47 PM
My daughter's father is getting disability and they can't take child support out of it. I haven't received anything from him in over 10 years.

Urban Cowgirl
07-28-2008, 10:04 AM
Sorry but disabled people should still have to support their kids. Why would you try to give someone advice on getting out of paying because they are on disability?

Willow
07-28-2008, 10:09 AM
Sorry but disabled people should still have to support their kids. Why would you try to give someone advice on getting out of paying because they are on disability?

I agree! For the longest time I didn't know why he wasn't paying. I would call the child support department every now and then and finally someone told me that he was receiving disability and that they couldn't take support out of that.

ElleGee
07-28-2008, 10:30 AM
I am assuming my ex never filed this year... I haven't seen hide nor hair of his refund or stimulus and I know I should have..

cinnamonch
07-28-2008, 11:31 AM
To add my 2 cents to this.

First to anyone who complains about their spouse having to pay child support, shut up (not directed at anyone here in particular). When you get with someone, you need to find out if he has children, if so, how many and does he pay child support. If he has to pay child support, it doesnt take a rocket scientist to find out if he is behind or not. And if he is behind, find out why. He just doesn't pay or got behind because of loosing a job, sickness, etc. Makes a big difference IMO because if he doesn't pay because he doesn't like how the mom spends the money or just to cheap then you shouldn't get with him to begin with.

If he is doing this these children, what will he do if you all hae children and you break up.

Te expand on what Meltodd69 said about filing taxes, never, ever file by yourself. I do taxes and there are a number of folks who came in and claimed they weren't married, each taking a child and claiming head of household. Because we have to go by what someone says, we do file as they say but if we suspect fraud, they are reported to the IRS. Doesn't mean they will get caught that same year but eventually they will and when they do, you will be in a lot worse shape than if you had just filed together. The IRS will go back to the original filing date and recalculate your taxes and if you owe anything, penalties and interest are added as well. And until you pay off the taxes owed, interest is calculated daily (the only legalized loan shark company in the world :) ) So was it worth it to cheat on your taxes to avoid paying child support? Don't think so.

meltodd69
07-28-2008, 11:50 AM
Amen cinnamonch!
We had some good ones to report this year with the stimulus. I had one couple that is disabled and had 5 kids. Of course they wanted to file for the stimulus. Well to find out the ladies sister had been claiming all of them for years. Hate to pay them penalties.
Really wish I could get the reward on that one. But that will go to the company I work for.
Oh yeah anyone that doesn't know this tid bit here it is....

If you turn in someone for cheating on thier taxes, you are entitled to half of everything recovered. Even interest and penalties.

Kimberly61
07-28-2008, 12:53 PM
I dont work for a real paycheck, I work but for just cash....I file our taxes and I file together because if we did it seperate or my dh just filed he would have to pay.....why I dont know but thats how it comes out when I do them both ways to see the difference....I'm no tax expert thats for sure lol but so far so good.....................one year we filed through h&r block and we told them that my dh owed back support and I dont know why or how they didnt take his money for that support, well luckily we didnt cash the check because the next year we got a letter stating we owed that back for the back support, so yes they will catch up to you sooner or later!

as for the ones that complain that their dh owes back support, well they have the right to complain just like those that complain that they arent getting the support have the right to complain. Just thinking of back support gets my blood pressure up lol so I will leave it at that, I've said what I wanted in this post pages back. just know injured spouse claim is a godsend! and dont hesitate to file even if you dont earn a paycheck!

cabby92
07-28-2008, 12:59 PM
I dont work for a real paycheck, I work but for just cash....

as for the ones that complain that their dh owes back support, well they have the right to complain just like those that complain that they arent getting the support have the right to complain.

If you are getting cash it is still income and you owe taxes on it.

The ones that complain that their dh owes back child support should only complain to their dh. Had he taken care of his responsibilities as he should have he wouldn't owe back child support. Everyone can get behind at times, but fix it. Get a second job, rent a cheaper place, do whatever it takes to take care of your kids.