PDA

View Full Version : credit card machines

kmtsn
07-06-2008, 03:59 PM
My Husband and I own a mechanic shop 24 hours 7 days a week anyway we are getting our first ever credit card machine seeings everyone is pulling out their plastic now adays. I am suppose to be getting the machine this week coming fedex anyway I am alittle nervous about the whole thing, hubby says its no biggy I am like yeah you are not the one that has to figure it out. I was just wondering if any of you have one or have really used one?

YankeeMary
07-06-2008, 04:04 PM
I have used one at my docs office (when I was working). Its truly very easy. If you run into any troubles just call their 800 number and they will walk you through it. You can do it. Good luck.

kmtsn
07-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Thank you Yankee Mary everybody tells me I will be just fine. I guess I am just concerned about getting everything right in our checking account they said that they will send me a statement once a month then I deduct it from my account.

kmtsn
07-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Also after I get the credit card ran do I go ahead and add it to my checking account I guess I should not be asking you this I need to ask the Credit Carrd people that I am getting the machine back because they did say to call them after I get it and they will walk me through it so I will ask them this stuff thanks again

ahippiechic
07-06-2008, 04:14 PM
I have used one at my docs office (when I was working). Its truly very easy. If you run into any troubles just call their 800 number and they will walk you through it. You can do it. Good luck.

Yes, they very easy to set up and they will walk you thru it.

wvmama
07-06-2008, 04:40 PM
Its very easy to use. They do take a percentage when customers use their cards, its not too much. Keep in mind that American Express takes their own fee's out, and you will not know that as well until your bank statements come out. unless you find out what the percentage is, then you could figure it out on your own to make sure all your records are right. I know that some small business charge a fee for using plastic, but I dont' know if you want to do that or not, just to cover your fee's. If you need any help you can PM me:)

magickay
07-06-2008, 04:59 PM
We've had one for several years (used for our seasonal sales), and the company that we use deposits the funds directly to our account daily. I run a batch report at the end of the day to get an idea how much to expect, and the funds are deposited in groups according to credit card (we take the basic four: MC, Visa, Amex, and Discover). Our fees are usually deducted monthly, I think. Sometimes when I can't get the card to scan, I have to enter the number manually, and the machine instructs me to make an imprint of the card (we have the manual imprinter as the back-up). Sometimes it will ask for the buyer's zip code. And with corporate cards, we have to enter the sales tax separately during the transaction, but the machine tells us that, too. But I love having the instant authorization with the electronic reader.