PDA

View Full Version : GREECE : Boys missing, found dead in elevator

dv8grl
07-03-2008, 06:34 AM
http://www.thespec.com/News/BreakingNews/article/386601

THESSALONIKI, GREECE–Authorities in Greece say two young brothers whose disappearance prompted a countrywide alert died of starvation and dehydration when they became trapped in a broken elevator in an empty building.

Hospital officials say a coroner concluded six-year-old Aihan and eight-year-old Amet Ceribasi had survived for up to five days in the elevator before dying.

Authorities had issued a countrywide alert for the brothers after they disappeared in the northeastern city of Orestiada on May 28.

Police later arrested and jailed their father and another couple on suspicion of having sold the boys, who were two of about 10 siblings.

Late Thursday, a woman alerted police about to a strong smell coming from a newly constructed but empty apartment building near where the boys disappeared.

Authorities found the brothers' bodies in an elevator stuck between the second and third floor.

Regional police chief Christos Nikolopoulos said the boys were found naked but bore no visible injuries. A small window on the elevator door had been broken, and the boys' shorts and shoes were found on the floor outside, he said.

Police say the children broke the window and threw their clothes out in an attempt to attract the attention of anyone entering the building.

It was not immediately clear how they had become trapped in the elevator and an unnamed police official said there were many unanswered questions.

POOR KIDS!

luvcub
07-03-2008, 07:31 AM
awww thats sooooooooooo horrible,hope the dad gets death penalty. horrible!

freeby4me
07-03-2008, 07:35 AM
Wow how awful.
They say they arrested the father and another couple on suspision of selling the kids, I wonder if they think he hid them there? I dont know, I do know alot of kids like to play in empty buildings and stuff.

Jolie Rouge
07-03-2008, 08:58 PM
So the father was arrested because they couldn't find the boys - or do they think he had them "stashed" there and could not come back to them ?

If he left them there with no food or water, he should be taken out and shot. How sad in any event. Poor babies...

dv8grl
07-04-2008, 05:10 AM
I just thought the boys got trapped in there & died. I didn't suspect foul play from anyone. I wonder if the building is on the outskirts., seems like with enough banging & hollering they could have gotten someones attention.

waterfalls
07-04-2008, 10:15 AM
So heartbreaking,awful way to die.