PDA

View Full Version : What book are you reading right now?

Pepsi4me
07-01-2008, 05:58 PM
I just finished Barbara Delinsky's Flirting with pete & Now I am almost done reading my hubbys book.

cpbaby
07-01-2008, 06:07 PM
Kisscut by Karen Slaughter and Twice Kissed by somebody or another(its in the car, so Im not going to look)

newwiccan
07-01-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm going to finish Fearless Fourteen later and then I'm not sure what I'll read. I have a ton of books I've picked up and can't make up my mind.

pennywise
07-01-2008, 06:17 PM
Im reading A Bright Shiny Morning by James Frey
Im really enjoying this book

ElleGee
07-01-2008, 06:41 PM
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman, the 3rd book in the His Dark Materials series . I finally finished The Subtle Knife after the last book thread..

After that, which may be a while , my dh has a Dean Koontz for me :)

ladybugva
07-01-2008, 07:09 PM
just finished audio book Brother Odd by Dean Koontz, really good.
About to start Black by Ted Dekker. Its the first in a series.

DrGrin
07-01-2008, 07:43 PM
I ordered a couple of books from Doubleday book club that I'm about to start reading. The one I'm reading first is "When Organizing isn't enough, how to shed your stuff" I'm hoping it will help me get motivated to get rid of some of the stuff around here.

sunrise914
07-01-2008, 07:53 PM
PS I love you and Fast Track

flute
07-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I'm still kinda in the middle of 'when your kids push your buttons..." lol
since there's no more school I don't read as much.

ilovecats
07-01-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm still kinda in the middle of 'when your kids push your buttons..." lol
since there's no more school I don't read as much.

lmao.the irony is not lost on me.

Picking up "Killer clown" from the library tomorrow.

cpbaby
07-01-2008, 08:12 PM
just finished audio book Brother Odd by Dean Koontz, really good.
About to start Black by Ted Dekker. Its the first in a series.

I read the next one last week......Odd Hours.....Its pretty good, but not quite as good as Brother Odd, I dont think.

ladybugva
07-01-2008, 08:19 PM
didn't know there were more. are their books before Brother Odd or is that the first? It was on a "pre loaded" audio book so I grabbed it to check it out.

Renrut
07-01-2008, 08:25 PM
The hollow per my v/w post lol

cpbaby
07-01-2008, 08:31 PM
didn't know there were more. are their books before Brother Odd or is that the first? It was on a "pre loaded" audio book so I grabbed it to check it out.

Mmmmm.....Odd Thomas is first......then Forever Odd, Brother Odd, Odd Hours and In Odd We Trust is next, I think. I thought Odd Hours JUST came out but according to the Dean Koontz website, In Odd We Trust is out now....Gotta get it put on reserve at the library tomorrow.

Check this out: http://oddthomas.deankoontz.com/

AND, no offense to anyone, but he needs to get off this freaking Odd Thomas kick and FINISH THE FRANKENSTEIN TRILOGY ALREADY!

flute
07-01-2008, 09:13 PM
dean koontz writes some of the freakiest stuff i've ever read.

I will never forget whispers.

dcut4
07-01-2008, 09:21 PM
The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman, the 3rd book in the His Dark Materials series .

I got these books for my son for christmas. Are they any good? I was thinking about reading them too.

Sweetberries
07-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Right now I 'm reading Laura The life of Laura Ingalls Wilder

I also need to finish my other book The BTK killer I'm more then half way done with that one

April78945
07-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Swan Song..this is probably my 10th time reading it

cpbaby
07-02-2008, 03:39 AM
dean koontz writes some of the freakiest stuff i've ever read.

I will never forget whispers.

I agree. And some of his stuf is REALLY out there, but some makes me think. I re-read The Taking week before last. I LOVE that book. It spoke to me, for lack of a better term.

jimswife
07-02-2008, 04:31 AM
just about done with midnight by dean koontz,then will start velosity.i love the odd series

cpbaby
07-02-2008, 05:34 AM
just about done with midnight by dean koontz,then will start velosity.i love the odd series

Velocity is GOOD!

ElleGee
07-02-2008, 08:00 AM
I got these books for my son for christmas. Are they any good? I was thinking about reading them too.

They really are good *nod You should read them , the story is really interesting :)

ElleGee
07-02-2008, 08:01 AM
The Dean Koontz my dh put on my desk is "Life Expectancy"

LitWtch
07-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Mercy, by Jodi Picoult. Then Plain Truth by the same author. She writes phenominal novels!

kabcrisp
07-02-2008, 08:21 AM
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Hosseni- Havent started it but will when I finish the one above.

cpbaby
07-02-2008, 08:40 AM
OH and I have The Tenth Circle on audio book I aim to start this afternoon.

luvcub
07-02-2008, 08:56 AM
Danielle Steels Rogue
Just started it,have a 7 day loan from library due to being a new release

LitWtch
07-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

I have this one waiting in case I need a break from Picoult - is it any good?

pennywise
07-02-2008, 09:19 AM
that is my all time favorite book! I have read it 5 or 6 times. I think I am about due to read it again.

newwiccan
07-02-2008, 12:40 PM
Black Noir by Laurell K. Hamilton

Trishntx
07-02-2008, 12:59 PM
I just finished Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (my favorite author). It was a wonderful book. Kinda tugs at the ol' heartstrings but was an excellent read.

LunaChick
07-02-2008, 02:03 PM
The Presence by John Saul. I just finished reading Confessor by Terry Goodkind yesterday. What a fantastic ending to a series 10 years in the making.

pennywise
07-02-2008, 08:29 PM
I just finished Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom (my favorite author). It was a wonderful book. Kinda tugs at the ol' heartstrings but was an excellent read.
did you read for one more day or the five people you meet in heaven by him also? They are both really good books. He is a great author.

lucimPI
07-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Bones to Ashes/Kathy Reichs

speedygirl
07-02-2008, 10:00 PM
Bag of Bones by Stephen King. It's the only one of his that I hadn't read.

wyrmslyph
07-02-2008, 10:02 PM
Hm, Let's see... most recently read were Black Noir by Laurell K Hamilton, then re-read The Hero and The Crown and The Blue Sword both by Robin McKinley, and last night I started on Jennifer Scales and the Ancient Furnace by MaryJanice Davidson and Anthony Alongi. :rainbow

Mystica131
07-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Bag of Bones by Stephen King. It's the only one of his that I hadn't read.

I've read that, but it's been so long I can't remember what it's about :( I think I have it somewhere . . .

speedygirl
07-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I've read that, but it's been so long I can't remember what it's about :( I think I have it somewhere . . .

I'm on page 355 and there's 732 pages. It's the one about the author who's wife dies in a parking lot and they found out that she was pregant but he was sterile. He meets a woman Maddie Devore and her little girl who was alone on the highway. I have no idea what's going on in it yet because there are so many sub plots but I'm enjoying it so far.

cpbaby
07-03-2008, 03:34 AM
I'm on page 355 and there's 732 pages. It's the one about the author who's wife dies in a parking lot and they found out that she was pregant but he was sterile. He meets a woman Maddie Devore and her little girl who was alone on the highway. I have no idea what's going on in it yet because there are so many sub plots but I'm enjoying it so far.

Hmmm, I thought I had read it, but it isnt ringing any bells.

I have read all of his books EXCEPT the DarkTower series, and I am not sure what is holding m back. Weird. Lisey's Story irritated me for some reason.

I finished Kisscut last night and am starting Miss Julia Speaks Her Mind today. My sister had it in a Reader's Digest Condensed book and talked about how good it was, but how some things werent fully explained. I have the full version and hope to at least be able to explain things to her.

Trishntx
07-03-2008, 04:38 AM
did you read for one more day or the five people you meet in heaven by him also? They are both really good books. He is a great author.

Yes, I've read all of his books.....just wish they were a little longer. I hate it when they end because I get so involved in the story.

kabcrisp
07-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Water for Elephants is okay. . . I am almost done and can't really forsee where the end is going. . .Kinda slow & uneventful. . . Perhaps it will pick up!

newwiccan
07-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Hm, Let's see... most recently read were Black Noir by Laurell K Hamilton, then re-read The Hero and The Crown and The Blue Sword both by Robin McKinley, and last night I started on Jennifer Scales and the Ancient Furnace by MaryJanice Davidson and Anthony Alongi. :rainbow

What did you think of Black Noir?

Trishntx
07-07-2008, 08:26 AM

What is this book about? I picked up a book by this title yesterday at Barnes and Noble and it is kind of a sci-fi book. Is this the same one? If someone reads a book that many times...it's got to be good. lol

cpbaby
07-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I just started The Bourne Identity this morning. I cant get the movies watched for people interrupting me, so I decided to read the books.

luvcub
07-07-2008, 08:49 AM
Just finished The Rouge,Denelle Stell,I was very bored with it,but Im the type how cant start a book and not finish it,I wouldnt read it again,very boring.
Just starting a book thats off new release table at library called The Snow Queen,hope this one is good,the last 3 books Ive read have stunk,lol.

luvcub
07-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Started a new book-and read 1/2 of it in 1 setting,its a good one,and off the new release table its called Sundays at Tiffanys. Its about a little girl who has a mother who is well known in the movie industry,and doesnt get much attn,she then recieves an imang.friend,this friend is so wonderful,and can been seen only by who he wants to see him,anyway,she loses this friend at age 9,she grows up,and this friend is inbetween assignments and sees her a woman as she is walking down the street,and love will bloom all over again,but this time will he come to life and stay in true life form??? hmmm,will find out today,lol,very cute,sad,happy,fun book.
Book written by: James Patterson

ElleGee
08-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Finished Phillip Pullman's 'His Dark Materials' series last night. I highly recommend them. Really good story *nod

Jenefer3
08-06-2008, 07:07 PM
I just finally finished You Suck by christopher moore, it was alright, not as good as the island of the sequined love nun or however that title goes lol now I'm off to try and finish reading chapter 7 of my medical terminology book

LunaChick
08-06-2008, 07:17 PM
Book 2 of the Conclave of Shadows by Raymond Feist. I'm just about ready to hit book 3.

magenta
08-06-2008, 07:54 PM
I have Odd Hours sitting here. I haven't started it yet. I never finished Brother Odd. I got to a certain part and it just got really stupid for me. Do I have to finish Brother to move on to Hours? If I do I may never read it.

I just finished Sail by James Patterson. It was pretty good. Quick read.

newwiccan
08-07-2008, 06:12 AM
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I want to read the next one in the series but neither library has it and everywhere is sold out. Ugh.

wyrmslyph
08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
What did you think of Black Noir?

Sorry, I forgot about this thread until it was on the first page again yesterday so I book marked it. :rainbow

I loved the book. I always enjoy Laurell's books, in both of her series. They are hard to put down. I thought this was a great addition to the series and can't wait for the next one to come out.

BigLyd1
08-08-2008, 10:34 PM
I have Odd Hours sitting here. I haven't started it yet. I never finished Brother Odd. I got to a certain part and it just got really stupid for me. Do I have to finish Brother to move on to Hours? If I do I may never read it.

I just finished Sail by James Patterson. It was pretty good. Quick read.

I also just finished Sail. I thought it was excellent and it is a quick read.