PDA

View Full Version : What do you put in your homemade Quiche?

Pepsi4me
06-30-2008, 10:24 PM
We love quiche here & we make ours with a ton of Bacon & mushroom. It comes out so yummy.

What do you put in your quiche?

Taterbo
07-01-2008, 12:48 AM
I like to add some onions in mine..cooked in the bacon grease..yummy yummy...

I also like to use leftover asparagus when in season.

Sometimes I will make it with fresh tomatoes and add different kinds of cheese.

Sometimes it is ham and Swiss..

Bacon Onion and gouda or any smoked cheddar...

I have even done more ethnic styles like Greek with spinach and feta/ Mexican with Spanish sausages , peppers and Mexi blend cheese with salsa served on the side..

gmyers
07-01-2008, 04:45 AM
I've never ate quiche but what ya'll are describing sounds really good. I'll have to try it sometime.

April78945
07-01-2008, 05:01 AM
I think we need a recipe forum with all these yummy threads popping up.Not good for my diet girls! lol

evrita
07-01-2008, 05:49 AM
This is the recipe I use

INGREDIENTS
1/2 cup butter
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion, chopped
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
1 (4.5 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
1 (6 ounce) package herb and garlic feta, crumbled
1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 (9 inch) unbaked deep dish pie crust
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup milk
salt and pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
In a medium skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Saute garlic and onion in butter until lightly browned, about 7 minutes. Stir in spinach, mushrooms, feta and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into pie crust.
In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Pour into the pastry shell, allowing egg mixture to thoroughly combine with spinach mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Sprinkle top with remaining Cheddar cheese, and bake an additional 35 to 40 minutes, until set in center. Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving.

I found it online and it is so yummy

Explorer 4x4'r
07-01-2008, 06:49 AM
I do
smoked ham or turkey
broccoli
cauliflower
onions
shredded swiss
pepper
milk
eggs

Pepsi4me
07-01-2008, 09:00 AM
We use a recipe from the betty crocker cook book.

It comes out so yummy every time.

newwiccan
07-01-2008, 09:55 AM
I've never made one but an exboyfriend's family owned a restaurant and they had the best mushroom and spinach quiche.

Vee030473
07-01-2008, 10:25 AM
I make quiche Lorraine,standard ingredients. I also make a heavenly quiche with Gouda,baby spinach,arugula,and fresh crab meat or prosciutto as the main ingredients. Every once in a while I make a vegetarian not vegan quiche with green and yellow squash,portabello mushrooms,gruyere,roasted red peppers,yellow carrots and spinach.

ElleGee
07-01-2008, 10:29 AM
My sister makes quiche. I don't remember what she puts in it.
I can't eat it anymore b/c of my extremely high inherited cholesterol (Thanks mom!!)

*kicks ground

Pepsi4me
07-01-2008, 01:05 PM
My sister makes quiche. I don't remember what she puts in it.
I can't eat it anymore b/c of my extremely high inherited cholesterol (Thanks mom!!)

*kicks ground

I know I have high cholesterol & take meds thanks to it running in the family. I am on med for it but I still eat a small sliver of the quiche.

dv8grl
07-01-2008, 03:12 PM
Usually just broccoli & cheese.

msginna
07-01-2008, 10:02 PM
mmmm these all sound so yummy