PDA

View Full Version : thanks to all and favor requested

tadamavage
06-30-2008, 08:56 PM
i want to thank you all for the cards my husband recieved during his illness
( AMAZING ). what wonderful people on this sight.
my dear hubby passed away in december and i am now trying to honor his request.
he wanted his ashes to be scattered where his beloved cowboys roamed.
so if any of you who live out west i just want 1 from each state.
( tx., nm., co., wy., mo.,) would be willing to let me send you a jewelry bag
of his ashes to scatter we would be grateful.
i know alot of you can not do this and that is ok but if any of you can
i would appreciate the help.

thank you
redbones loving wife
tammy

Jenefer3
06-30-2008, 10:13 PM
isn't there some rule or whatnot about sending remains through the mail? I could be wrong because I really don't pay attention to all their rules, but it would suck to get in trouble for that on top of everything

Dorthy
06-30-2008, 10:39 PM
I am sorry for your loss. I am in school for Criminal Justice and I do not believe that it is against the law to send a persons ashes through the mail. To verify this, call your local Post Office. If they won't, call private carriers, such as Fed Ex. How about calling Dude Ranches that people take vacations to. If you explained the circumstanses, maybe they would be willing to help you out, just a thought. Again, I am sorry for your loss, and I hope your husbands request is able to get fufilled.

msmom79
06-30-2008, 10:42 PM
i live in mo and i would be honored to do this for you-if you find out its okay

Jackie_Blu
06-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I live in WY and I, too, will be honored to help you.:hug

MizzouLady
07-01-2008, 06:29 AM
I don't know about the USPS being able to ship cremains, but I do know that UPS will ship them. When my mother passed, her body was donated to the MU's med school. After they finished with her, they cremated her body and send the cremains to me by UPS. I know that msmom79 has already offered to help from MO, but if you want another person in MO to help, I would be glad to, and I'll take photos of the place where the ashes are scattered and send them to you.

So sorry for your loss and if there's anything else we can do to help, let us know.

volkswagon7
07-01-2008, 06:32 AM
I live in New Mexico and would be honored to help you out. This is Billy the Kid country.

Dorthy
07-01-2008, 08:05 AM
That is funny that you mention Billy the Kid, my cousin wrote the Young Guns movies back in the 80's.

xtrememom
07-01-2008, 09:15 AM
isn't there some rule or whatnot about sending remains through the mail? I could be wrong because I really don't pay attention to all their rules, but it would suck to get in trouble for that on top of everything

When my Dad died last year he was cremated, but wasn't ready by the time we left so they sent his cremains to us via the Postal service, he was packed pretty well too and the postman even knew what it was because he knew we were expecting the package and he brought daddy to us before the rest of the route and never said anything about not being able to not ship them.

Tammy I Am sorry for your loss if I lived in Cowboy country I would be more than happy to help you, but I dont live anywhere near there.

xtrememom

LuvBigRip
07-01-2008, 11:28 AM
I am in Colorado and would be willing to help you honor his wishes.

YankeeMary
07-01-2008, 12:25 PM
Oh Tammy I am sooo sorry. I hope and pray that you are able to honor his requests. So many fantastic people here, who will help you if they are able. God Bless you and God Rest Redbone.

Just in case you all do not remember we all sent CHRISTmas/get well cards to Redbone.

LuvBigRip
07-01-2008, 12:35 PM
I remember YM.

Bubblescc
07-01-2008, 01:15 PM
Oh Tammy I am sooo sorry. I hope and pray that you are able to honor his requests. So many fantastic people here, who will help you if they are able. God Bless you and God Rest Redbone.

Just in case you all do not remember we all sent CHRISTmas/get well cards to Redbone.

thanks Mary, I did not realize who this was until I saw your post...Thanks for refreshing my memory..

Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss!

nightrider127
07-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Just wanted to post to say how sorry I am for your loss. I am sure that the wonderful members here at this site will help you do this. I would but I don't live out west.

YankeeMary
07-01-2008, 02:17 PM
thanks Mary, I did not realize who this was until I saw your post...Thanks for refreshing my memory..

Tammy, I am so sorry for your loss!

I am glad you remembered. So many send cards for so many on here and I just wanted everyone to be able to remember him.

magickay
07-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I live on 10 acres in central Texas -- it would be an honor to help you fulfill this request. PM me.

JKATHERINE
07-01-2008, 03:07 PM
I remember YM.

Me, too.:(

dv8grl
07-01-2008, 03:24 PM
Aww.. thats such a great thing you are doing! I wish I could be of some help., if you need someone in TN., I'm here for you! :hug

MsLynn
07-01-2008, 03:31 PM
i live in oklahoma and would be glad to help I know you didn't mention oklahoma but thousands of cattle drives were made across oklahoma territory back in the cowboy day

meltodd69
09-18-2008, 06:55 AM
Just wanted to say how sorry I am for your loss. And that this is a wonderful idea. I am unfortunatly stuck in Yankee land, or I would help too. I do like the idea of photos. It's not the same as actually being there, but it would be nice for some type of closure.
Just a thought but, if ya'll that are going to help would let the rest of us know when, we could all say prayers at that time with you.

CLARKS4
09-18-2008, 07:59 AM
I want to say sorry for your loss.
To the others that are helping her, Thank you very much for helping to fulfill his wishes.

MistyWolf
09-18-2008, 10:16 AM
So sorry for your loss. And I think it's great all the members that want to help you fulfill your husband's final request.

And you can mail ashes .. we have a small box of Bill's brothers remains from when he passed in December.