PDA

View Full Version : Home and happy!

buglebe
06-22-2008, 05:05 PM
Well, we are home from our Florida vacation and we had a wonderful time. Our 6 yr old granddaugter who I was worried wouldn't mind was wonderful. I decided to grade her and told her everyday how good she was and that she got an A for the day. She got to where she worked for that A. We were gone 14 days , took her home yesterday, took her 4 yr old brother to the hotel last night before we came home today and this morning my husband got up and said, "I love 'em, but so glad ours are grown" My sentiments exactly. But we are home now and I can tell you by tomorrow I will be missing them again.
The 4 yr old didn't get homesick in Feb. but the 6 yr old was homesick by yesterday and that is why we went on and took her home although when we passed through Bham she wanted to spend the night at our house but we had already called home and told them she was coming. Funny thing is she missed her brother the most.

Pepsi4me
06-22-2008, 05:10 PM
Glad you had a good time.

Char
06-22-2008, 05:25 PM
There is............ indeed.............. no place like home.

A safe trip is a good trip... no matter what else happens.

Welcome home !

ilovecats
06-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Glad you had a great time!

Rogerslmc
06-22-2008, 07:57 PM
AWW! Sorry, bout the heckions! But hope you had nice time!

Where around B'ham are you?

tnfuhs
06-22-2008, 08:00 PM
Welcome home, glad you had a great time!

calynn
06-22-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm so jealous that you got to take the grandbabies. I want to take my oldest grandson(age 5) so bad, but his Mom won't let me--she wants to be the one to take him first(I sorta understand, but probably something she'll never get to do). We have a little book that I read to him called Just Nanna and Me and it talks about going to the beach. So that's how it got started. And he's always talking about us going. Maybe next year his Mom will be able to go and we'll all go. And I totally have said the same thing as your DH--I'm so glad mine are grown. And I also now know why young people are the ones who should have kids(LOL).

buglebe
06-23-2008, 06:04 AM
I'm so jealous that you got to take the grandbabies. I want to take my oldest grandson(age 5) so bad, but his Mom won't let me--she wants to be the one to take him first(I sorta understand, but probably something she'll never get to do). We have a little book that I read to him called Just Nanna and Me and it talks about going to the beach. So that's how it got started. And he's always talking about us going. Maybe next year his Mom will be able to go and we'll all go. And I totally have said the same thing as your DH--I'm so glad mine are grown. And I also now know why young people are the ones who should have kids(LOL).

We were not allowed to take them to Disney which was fine with me. My daughter and her husband are saving for that trip. We took them to Disney several yrs ago when the 4 yr old is too young to remember but the whole family went. I understand your daughter but it is selfish on her part. But I do definitely understand if she can see the day they can take him. My daughter chose not to go to parent paid college. They barely make ends meet and don't see a day they will take the kids much of anywhere without our help so maybe that is why they share them like they do. We have taken them on other trips too,(parents with children) like Chattanonooga and Nashville. Our 3 kids also spent many summers in Florida with their grandparents after they were teens so she knows the area where we go and wants her children to love it too. My son in law was raised in south Georgia and Florida. I shared my children when they were younger with both grandparents but it was very hard!! in many ways but the rewards are great too for all concerned.
We will also drive 130 miles just to baby sit for a night when need be, when it is not convenient for us so I guess maybe that contributes to their sharing too. My son in law is going to have hernia surgery as soon as they can get it set up so we will take the kids for that too so we do for them a lot too.

PrincessArky
06-23-2008, 06:05 AM
so glad you had a great time

calynn
06-23-2008, 09:12 PM
My youngest daughter lives in North Carolina. My oldest(with the grandson) is changing jobs and going back into the school system so that she can have more time at home with the boys. I'm hoping that next summer she and the boys will drive to NC to see my youngest with us and then I can take them all to the beach. I really would love to take him to Florida--cause I am totally in love with that place and I think he would like the ocean better(waves are tamer then the Atlantic). I told my dh the other day that I just want the grandkids to have a love of the beach like I do. I figure once my dd goes and takes him then she will be more free in allowing him to go with us.