PDA

View Full Version : YES!! get to see Wicked!!

dcut4
06-16-2008, 11:29 AM
I am meeting my sister in Chicago this weekend and she suggested that we catch a play. Wicked is playing and it looks like they still have good seats available. I have heard that it is GREAT!! has anybody here seen it? It is between that and Jersey Boys.

Thawn
06-16-2008, 11:39 AM
OMG! We just saw that at the end of April. & Yes I cried at the end. I am a big crybaby! Loved it! Best broadway play yet!!!!

I also hear Jersey Boys is great too, but oh go see Wicked. It was memorable. On the other hand I kept trying to read the book Wicked & just could not get into it at all!

Kelsey1224
06-16-2008, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure if I would call it the best Broadway play ever...(Les Mis get those honors...LOL) but we sure enjoyed it. As soon as it was done, I turned to my hubby and said...I want to see it again!

We were familiar with the music before seeing it (downloaded it from ITunes) so that maybe why we loved it so much...but it really is lots of fun!!!

For those who aren't familiar with it...it is based on a book (the play actually has very little similarity to the book) and it is the "other" story of the Wizard of Oz.

magickay
06-16-2008, 02:45 PM
My sister went to see it, and highly recommends it.

dcut4
06-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Ok it looks like wicked wins. 4 of us are going to see it on Sat. and then on Sun my daughter and I are going to a Second City (comedy troupe) thing. Not sure what we are doing on Fri.

can't wait for this weekend.