PDA

View Full Version : I chopped it off!!

ttistin
06-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I did it, finally. I went and chopped off my hair. A few months ago I went and had about 6 inches cut off, so my hair was at my shoulders. I wanted it shorter then but held off. I have been kicking myself cause I didn't do it then. So I went today and got it done.

I had her chop it all the way up to my hair line and it is short all around. I love it. My dh likes my hair long but my hair doesn't do good long. It gets frizzy and poofy lol No matter what I use it does it. I don't have the time to use straightener, I got one a little over 2 years ago and have used it maybe 3 times.

Dh has not seen it yet, he took our middle child and they went to do some work for a lady he knows. So I took the oldest and youngest with me, they were perfect. That does not happen often lol :happy

DBackFan
06-14-2008, 03:13 PM
Well good for you! I always had long curly hair but I colored a lot so decided to cut it short one year and have never gone back. I have really short hair and LOVE it!

galeane29
06-14-2008, 03:13 PM
When I met my DH my hair was very short like what you are describing. It's down past the middle of my back now and it is very hard to keep. Where I live its very humid, I have to keep it French braided or in a pony or I'll sweat to death.

jerseybarb
06-14-2008, 03:15 PM
good for you! I gotta get my hair chopped off for the summer too

ttistin
06-14-2008, 03:17 PM
When I met my DH my hair was very short like what you are describing. It's down past the middle of my back now and it is very hard to keep. Where I live its very humid, I have to keep it French braided or in a pony or I'll sweat to death.

That is the worse part, being so hot. I used to keep it in a pony but when I cut it a few months ago it was a little to short so it has been bugging me.

buglebe
06-15-2008, 08:26 AM
My husband always said he wanted me to keep my long hair. But after about 10 yrs of marriage I got it cut short. He claimed he didn't like it but he does now ,35 yrs later. He now has a mustache and a goatee. I don't like it but it is his face. He had a mustache and beard yrs ago. I didn't like that either but it is his face as it is my hair. Do what makes you feel pretty and you will act pretty.

justme23
06-15-2008, 08:31 AM
I was just talking to my Sissy about getting my hair cut off. My hair is almost to my butt. I live in Texas and it has been soooooo humid here. I have to keep it up or I about die. My hubby doesn't like short hair either... but he's half bald so what would he know about how hot and miserable it is... lol (love his bald spot, btw). So I think while I'm at her house next week I'm gonna let her take me to get it chopped off. I just really can not stand it any longer!

ttistin
06-15-2008, 08:42 AM
dh came home last night and said it looked really good. I was surprised lol

Buglebe; I know what you mean. Dh will let his face hair grow out and I hate it. I do not like but it is his face. He can do what he wants with his hair, so can I lol

dv8grl
06-15-2008, 09:16 AM
I get mine cut every 2 yrs & donate it to Locks of Love. By the end of the 22nd month, I want that hair gone so bad! I've got about 14 more months to go now 'til my next cut.
Nothing is free-er than that first shower & not having to wash that mane of hair!

sheila_361
06-15-2008, 09:31 AM
I just had mine cut really short on Fri. Hal loves it, said it makes me look younger and my face thinner..

Thamlet
06-15-2008, 07:12 PM
A new haircut can be scary (at least for me, lol). So glad you love yours!! I bet it looks great and feels great too.

ttistin
06-15-2008, 09:02 PM
When I told the lady I wanted to cut it all off she asked me if I have ever had short hair. I guess a lot of people cut their hair short and when it is done realize they don't like it. I am still getting used to it, I had longer hair for almost 10 years so this is really different. I still love it though lol

PrincessArky
06-16-2008, 07:29 AM

same here girl but for some reason I just cant make myself cut it off