PDA

View Full Version : Paragon under 3foot of water...

Hetty
06-07-2008, 11:51 AM
State of emergency declared...For me and Sunie..

Well I slept through the whole thing I woke upthis morning to Sunie ringing my phone off the hook asking me if we were OK and She also told me the place I work for is under water as well...I slept through it all I live on the hill and it has not affected us all that much all the roads out of here are closed because of this paragon is only about 1/2 mile from the white river the sad thing is that the river has not even crested yet the town has been evacuated but we are not in the evacuation zone. I have power and we fought the high water to get more groceries...This is crazy the news said nothing last night of the flash flood just thunderstorms.

All of our crops are ruined her as well so just waiting for the prices to sky rocket.

Martinsville is also under water people are waiting for the fire dept to rescue them from third floor apartments!!! This is really bad hopefully all is well with everyone else STAY DRY.....

ladybugva
06-07-2008, 12:06 PM
wow glad you are ok but sorry about the crops and evey thing else. stay safe

wvmama
06-07-2008, 12:18 PM
Wow, that is some scary stuff! Stay safe!

socks1211
06-07-2008, 12:30 PM
wow stay safe

Hetty
06-07-2008, 12:32 PM
We are safe so far but when the river crest it goin to get worse.

vicky122
06-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Wow I hope everything gets better. Glad you are high up.

Shancopp
06-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Hang in there fellow Hoosier. It's a terrible mess down your way!

Hetty
06-07-2008, 08:25 PM
The water is going down some but people have lost everything I am so grateful It really makes you give thanks.I have pics I am trying to post them there are just a few of the road I live on and the place I works parking lot I will have more tom.

ntgsmommy
06-08-2008, 07:42 AM
How's the water your way? We have been declared a disaster as well. People were forced outta their homes, creeks are flowing out of their banks, and in some parts water was as high as 8 feet. Our basement flooded, and we lost our heating/air conditioning unit. Does anyone know what fema is and how to apply for it? (if this even qualifies?) Thanks...stay safe everyone!

Jenefer3
06-08-2008, 07:48 AM
How's the water your way? We have been declared a disaster as well. People were forced outta their homes, creeks are flowing out of their banks, and in some parts water was as high as 8 feet. Our basement flooded, and we lost our heating/air conditioning unit. Does anyone know what fema is and how to apply for it? (if this even qualifies?) Thanks...stay safe everyone!

http://www.fema.gov/assistance/index.shtm

That will tell you what FEMA is and what's covered and how to apply. So far it's not showing Indiana on the declared disasters list.

Hetty
06-08-2008, 05:06 PM
FEMA was here today leaving aps at the fire station the mayor was here today as well The water is down and we started the clean up it is a horrible mess here.They killed a copper head (snake) in the gas station where I work yesturday....so we have to really be careful...more cleaning tom..

Starlady01
06-08-2008, 05:13 PM
Sorry to hear of your bad fortune..

You are in our prayers,

God Bless,

Hetty
06-09-2008, 10:17 PM
We thought we were finished with all the clean up.WRONG we just found out today that we have to remove the dry wall 4 foot up.....aggggghhh I just want to get this all over with to top it all off the owner of the busines her well fell int oday so she has that to deal with as well.

sunie
06-10-2008, 08:02 AM
I can get back on again, I'm still on dial up (gotta love small towns) I can get out it's not bad, I took logan to the doc yesterday she's sick still. interstate 70 was still closed from flooding. I took 36 into Indy and Raccoon Lake is high, it's right under the bridge touching. And coming back Indy had one HECK of a storm, I had the wipers going on high and I still couldn't see worth a darn. Our sump pump is working overtime, the float got stuck twice once the water was up to my ankle and the other time it was past that, I think the furnace will be okay because it's up on blocks.

Shancopp
06-10-2008, 08:08 AM
Last evening, we got a little storm and watched on the radar as you guys got hit down Indy way....last thing you need! I hope everyone is ok. I have a bil and sil living down there (Fountaintown and Morristown) and they are both ok.

ntgsmommy
06-10-2008, 12:13 PM
I can get back on again, I'm still on dial up (gotta love small towns) I can get out it's not bad, I took logan to the doc yesterday she's sick still. interstate 70 was still closed from flooding. I took 36 into Indy and Raccoon Lake is high, it's right under the bridge touching. And coming back Indy had one HECK of a storm, I had the wipers going on high and I still couldn't see worth a darn. Our sump pump is working overtime, the float got stuck twice once the water was up to my ankle and the other time it was past that, I think the furnace will be okay because it's up on blocks.

They are thinking of letting the water out! If they do that, we will have more flooding down our way! We just lost our air conditioning/heating system, but we are lucky and blessed that that is ALL we lost...some people have nothing, only had time to leave with the clothes on their backs. At least we still have a place to sleep...it's hot here though...