PDA

View Full Version : The biker... got this in my email had to share it with you guys

bears984
05-27-2008, 11:18 AM
THE BIKER...

I saw you, hug your purse closer to you in the grocery store line.
But, you didn't see me, put an extra $10.00 in the collection outside
the store as I walked in.

I saw you , pull your child closer when we passed each other on the
sidewalk.
But, you didn't see me, playing Santa at the local mall.

I saw you , change your mind about going into the restaurant.
But, you didn't see me, attending a meeting to raise more money for the
hurricane relief.

I saw you , roll up your window and shake your head when I rode by.
But, you didn't see me, riding behind you when you flicked your
cigarette butt out the car window.

I saw you, frown at me when I smiled at your children.
But, you didn't see me, when I took time off from work to run toys to
the homeless.

I saw you, stare at my long hair.
But, you didn't see me, and my friends cut ten inches off for Locks of
Love.

I saw you , roll your eyes at our leather jackets and gloves.
But, you didn't see me, and my brothers donate our old ones to those
that had none.

I saw you , look in fright at my tattoos.
But, you didn't see me, cry as my children were born and have their
names written over and in my heart.

I saw you, change lanes while rushing off to go somewhere.
But, you didn't see me, going home to be with my family.

I saw you, complain about how loud and noisy our bikes can be.
But, you didn't see me, when you were changing the CD and drifted into
my lane.

I saw you, yelling at your kids in the car.
But, you didn't see me , pat my child's hands, knowing he was safe
behind me.
I saw you, reading the newspaper or map as you drove down the road.
But , you didn't see me, squeeze my wife's leg when she told me to take
the next turn.

I saw you, race down the road in the rain.
But, you didn't see me, get soaked to the skin so my son could have the
car to go on his date.

I saw you , run the yellow light just to save a few minutes of time.
But, you didn't see me, trying to turn right.

I saw you , cut me off because you needed to be in the lane I was in.
But, you didn't see me, leave the road.

I saw you, waiting impatiently for my friends to pass.
But, you didn't see me. I wasn't there.

I saw you , go home to your family.
But, you didn't see me.
Because, I died that day you cut me off.
I was just a biker. A person with friends and a family.
But, you didn't see me.
Re-send this around in hopes that people will understand the biker
community.

If you don't re-send this, all I can say is it sucks to be you. I hope
you never loose someone that rides.

EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE US, RESPECT OUR

RIGHTS TO RIDE WHAT WE CHOOSE AND
TAKE A FEW EXTRA SECONDS TO BE SURE

WE'RE NOT IN 'YOUR' WAY

LIVE TO RIDE . . . RIDE TO LIVE

vicky122
05-27-2008, 11:21 AM
I seen this before it is very nice. Funny about how we don't know a person we just assume.

atprm
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
I completely agree -- and in today's society, more and more bikes -- OF EVERY KIND, including PEDAL POWER are on our roads!!!

I cringe when I hear cars coming up behind me on the road, and fear for my child's safety when she is riding with me...

People could really care less about all the bikes on the road now. :(

It's terrifyingly SAD!

DBackFan
05-27-2008, 11:51 AM
I loved it. My oldest Son is a biker and its scary.

lassss
05-27-2008, 12:09 PM
yep, we bikers do alot that no one really sees.

Just this weekend we rode in the Memorial Day parade, we actually led the parade this year :)

One of our members in our local chapter placed 3rd in the United States for raising the most money for MDA

We also donate to Toys for Tots, help local cancer patients, donate half of our picnic dues to local food bank and the list goes on.

MsLynn
05-27-2008, 12:19 PM
i love this

Thamlet
05-27-2008, 01:19 PM
Awesome post! Thanks!

jackie227
05-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Boyfriend is a biker, and this made me cry. I am terrified for him everytime he gets on his bike, because ppl really do not watch for bikers. He has been riding for many years, its not his skills I worry about it.

magickay
05-27-2008, 02:11 PM
Our housemate just lost his 20-year old youngest son last week in a motorcycle accident. He was a good kid who wanted cheaper transportation to get around.

Thanks for sharing -- I'll have to send it around.

bears984
05-27-2008, 02:35 PM
Our housemate just lost his 20-year old youngest son last week in a motorcycle accident. He was a good kid who wanted cheaper transportation to get around.

Thanks for sharing -- I'll have to send it around.

Alot of people are going to cheaper transportation like this and it is very sad that people do not watch for them. Another thing to remember is that not all bikers are hell's angels there are bikers for christ and bikers against child abuse as well and they do alot for people.

rlynn411
05-27-2008, 03:07 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority but I always watch for those on bikes - allowing more distance between me and them and just more cautious in general when they are around me on the road.

bears984
05-27-2008, 03:43 PM
I do as well I had a friend that killed two on a bike they rode right out in frount of him and he could not stop and that was when I was a teen so I have always been a little more watching just in case.

lucimPI
05-27-2008, 03:54 PM
Across the street from my house is a huge empty area, it is about a city block. On it is what used to be our grade school until we consolidated and now the gym part is used for the village vehicles. It is kept mowed very nicely. Anyhow in early fall the bikers would come roaring into town and meet at the school for a "toys for tots" rally. I loved it. Nicest bunch of people, sure some looked pretty rough and tough but no one ever parked a bike on my property without asking and of course I always said yes park wherever you want. They would have food, a band and an auction. I always walked over and gave a donation. You just cannot judge people by their looks. When I see a biker on the road you can bet that I give the bike alot of leeway and it just irks me to have someone pass me and then get on the bikers tail. Getting back to the "toys for tots" rally. It is on a Saturday and if you were to walk the area around 10 AM on Sunday, you would not even find a ciggy butt on the ground.

SLance68
05-27-2008, 03:55 PM
Maybe I'm in the minority but I always watch for those on bikes - allowing more distance between me and them and just more cautious in general when they are around me on the road.

Me too. I always give them extra room and don't tailgate. I had seen that original post before and it is so true.

chib44
05-27-2008, 08:59 PM
So nice and how true how true have a great eve

tntsmom
05-27-2008, 11:01 PM
I love bikes! I was actually brought up on one!
My parents didn't have a car only a harley! So until I was 4 I rode in between them on the Harley! Hard to imagine now!! I would have a heartattack to put my baby on a bike!!

Beautiful poem!!! It is so sad how people judge by the look of a person and not by their actions!

I can only dream to own a chopper, maybe I'll be able to afford one when my boy's are out of the house, but until then I will have to be happy with dh making bike noises, lol!!

galeane29
05-28-2008, 09:04 AM
My husband gets looks all the time because of his long hair, do-rag and dark sunglasses. He's the sweetest man you would ever know. But those in judgement would never know that.