PDA

View Full Version : Finally got our garden planted today!

Pepsi4me
05-24-2008, 12:48 PM
Yeah, finally!

We have been out there all afternoon & I am pooped. Wanted to get it done sooner but, it''s been rainy & cool the last 10 days. We planted-

sweet corn
cucumbers
pumpkins
lettuce
radish
onions
tomatos
peppers

Wish us luck that it all grows good. This is our 1st time doing a garden.

4diego
05-24-2008, 12:51 PM
It really is hard work, we finally got ours out a few weeks ago! But it is worth it! Good luck with your garden!

DrGrin
05-24-2008, 01:29 PM
I spent two hours working in mine this morning.

Hope you're prepared for a lot of hard work... but the reward for the work will be worth it if your garden produces a lot.

Debbie
05-24-2008, 02:32 PM
my husband does one every year,turns out good,love fresh vegs,it's lots of hard work,

good luck with yours,it'll pay off ...

socks1211
05-24-2008, 04:11 PM
woo hoo
we did ours today too 3 tomatos and 6 peppers

ladybugva
05-24-2008, 05:28 PM
good job all of you. I am not doing much b/c our yard is total shad but I want to do 2 tomato plants and maybe a pepper each in pots so I can put them on the deck where we get the most sun. hopefully this wknd.

diana_circe
05-24-2008, 05:34 PM
Good luck! I got mine planted a week ago and they were all non-hybrid seeds I got from a lady I've been sending organically grown flower seeds to. Hope mine come up well too!

ttistin
05-24-2008, 05:43 PM
I got our tomato plants in the ground a few days ago, got 16 of them. We love tomatoes lol Oldest ds eats them like apples.

mesue
05-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Hubby planted ours today too. I can't help much due to if I lean over I lose my breath, my thyroid is swelled and thickening and causing me to have breathing problems, so hubby is on his own.

He planted potatoes, heirloom beans, more beans, 3 different kinds of heirloom tomatoes and peppers, two different kinds squash, cucumbers and we have to get more stuff tomorrow or Monday, we intend to add some butternut squash and pumpkins and a small lettuce bed.

We did not bother with corn, we seldom eat it. it's funny but last time we planted a garden we had two different groups of people (strangers) stop by wanting to buy corn because they were fishing and camping out and wanted to roast it over their fire. We gave it to them, but it is a bit weird when strangers come knocking on your door wanting to buy food.

calynn
05-24-2008, 06:41 PM
OMG, I planted my garden too. 6 tomato plants and 5 holes of cucumbers. This is my first "garden" and I am so excited. I planted on Tuesday afternoon and went out today and my cucumbers are already coming up. I had to call my Mom and tell her. She just laughed at me. My dh can eat his weight in cucumbers so I hope they produce.

diana_circe
05-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I have peas to plant still, and bush beans, but other than that I'm done. And I need to see stuff coming up before I plant because I can't remember what I planted, except the stuff on the edges and the tomato plants :lol