PDA

View Full Version : Grandsons big boy pants

Adra
05-20-2008, 12:28 PM
I had bought him shrek underwear, I thought since he like shrek so much he would not wet them. I took them out of the package a few days ago and they are the style that goes down his leg and they are form fitting they are the right size but they fit him like skin. His little privates are outlined . The waist band is perfect for his waist and the length is perfiect.

They are size four he wears size 3 they should be a little bit big on him.

Why would any company make something like that.

For what purpose would a babys underwear be form fitting?

Lild
05-20-2008, 12:37 PM
so they are like tight boxers? Wow, I have no idea why they would make them so tight, I hope that isn't coming "in style" for a baby?!

ahippiechic
05-20-2008, 12:38 PM
I don't even like to see most grown up guys in those.

Adra
05-20-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes like tight boxers with the little flap in front.

ahippiechic
05-20-2008, 12:42 PM
So I just asked my brother about them and he said, "It keeps your stuff in place." Ok, LMAO!

But it's not like a 2 yr old has much 'stuff' or really cares if it's 'in place' or not. Maybe so they can match daddy, if he wears them?

Out2Lunch
05-20-2008, 12:56 PM
My son wears the briefs and boxer briefs(he's 4). I really like the boxer briefs the best. They look so darn cute and his daddy wears them too. That is just the way they are supposed to be. Now if they are hard to get on and are uncomfortable, that would be a problem.

Adra
05-20-2008, 01:06 PM
I just don't know why it is necesary to outline his privates and he is not 3 yet so he don't have much stuff to outline. I should say it is not tight it is stretchie.

I have not ever thought that seeing his privates outlined was cute in anyway. His smile is cute the way he holds his little blankie when he sleeps is cute, the way he sings Jesus loves me is cute.

Rogerslmc
05-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Guessing he hasn't got a Speedo swimsuit? LOL! JKJK! I think the "looks so cute" was about his tush. And ALL babies tushies are cute!

The boxer briefs are spose to be more comfortable.

iluvmybaby
05-20-2008, 02:44 PM
I had bought him shrek underwear, I thought since he like shrek so much he would not wet them. I took them out of the package a few days ago and they are the style that goes down his leg and they are form fitting they are the right size but they fit him like skin. His little privates are outlined . The waist band is perfect for his waist and the length is perfiect.

They are size four he wears size 3 they should be a little bit big on him.

Why would any company make something like that.

For what purpose would a babys underwear be form fitting?.

Where is his privates going at 3? That is weird .... Glad that he is a big boy now and no more bed wetting. If it works more power to U, but that is still weight that it is so tight

earnhardt1
05-20-2008, 02:54 PM
my son wears these since he was little and he loved the waythey feel if i got him tightie whiteys he would not wear them....
they are meant to be stretchie but snug... both my guys wear them but they do run a little small sometimes

mabby89
05-20-2008, 03:09 PM
I have on a pair of the tight, form fitting boxers now. Now sure how appropriate they are for children (or women for that matter) but I love to wear them.

justme23
05-20-2008, 03:26 PM
I kind of think you're making more of it than it really is. My husband wears the kind you are talking about and that's just how they are made. It's not like anyone other than those helping him change clothes are gonna be seeing him in them anyway.

Adra
05-20-2008, 03:49 PM
Maybe, but if it was teeny tiny bikini underwear for a toddler would you think it was appropriate?

I just look at it and wonder what purpose is being served by having tight form fitting clothes for toddlers. Also can you imagine what kind of mess I am going to have if he stinkies in them?

magenta
05-20-2008, 04:05 PM
All my guys wear boxer briefs. I think they are suppose to fit that way. No one is going to see him in his underwear but his loved ones.

Like Earnhardt, if I bought tighty whities they would throw a fit and not wear them.

DrGrin
05-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Maybe, but if it was teeny tiny bikini underwear for a toddler would you think it was appropriate?

I just look at it and wonder what purpose is being served by having tight form fitting clothes for toddlers. Also can you imagine what kind of mess I am going to have if he stinkies in them?

If you think that's bad, look around in the little girls department. Some of the stores sell thongs for a little girl in a size 4.

Anastaisia
05-20-2008, 04:38 PM
I have to buy my 6 yr old the boxer briefs. His legs are so skinny that when he wears tighty whities if he has his legs open his stuff will show. Its just all about what works better for your individual body.

magenta
05-20-2008, 04:50 PM
I have to buy my 6 yr old the boxer briefs. His legs are so skinny that when he wears tighty whities if he has his legs open his stuff will show. Its just all about what works better for your individual body.

This is my son too. LOL

Adra, my son who is six likes the hanes tagless boxer breifs with the waistband covered. They are not has "hugged" as the others he has. I got them at Target. They are just solid colors, but they probably have charecter ones too.

earnhardt1
05-20-2008, 05:40 PM
This is my son too. LOL

Adra, my son who is six likes the hanes tagless boxer breifs with the waistband covered. They are not has "hugged" as the others he has. I got them at Target. They are just solid colors, but they probably have charecter ones too.

thats the same ones jr has and the childrens place ones are looser than some from wally world like the cartoon kind

Rogerslmc
05-20-2008, 06:50 PM
thats the same ones jr has and the childrens place ones are looser than some from wally world like the cartoon kind

Like your choice of names! Hope you have a great labor! As if there could be one! LOL!

buglebe
05-20-2008, 08:07 PM
My 4 yr old grandson likes to wear boxers like his dad. They are so cute on him and he can wear them to sleep in too. If he doesn't get dressed until 9 or 10 he looks ok in them.

lucimPI
05-20-2008, 08:47 PM
If you think that's bad, look around in the little girls department. Some of the stores sell thongs for a little girl in a size 4.

NOW, I think I have heard it all. Who in the heck would put a child in a thong. They grow up too fast the way it is.

jayhawkfan
05-21-2008, 06:06 AM
All of my boys(my DH my 11 yr old and my 3 yr old) wear boxer briefs. And as the other posters have said, thats how they are made. If you dont like them, buy briefs. My boys dont like the looser fitting ones at all, they prefer the snug ones. I myself dont like saggy undies...hate that. I dont know, they are just underwear. And to the poster that said they werent sure if they are appropriate for kids? Why wouldnt they be?

As for the thongs for young girls...yeah not so thrilled to see that. My DD(9) loves the low rise hipsters though.

MsLynn
05-21-2008, 06:14 AM

NOW, I think I have heard it all. Who in the heck would put a child in a thong. They grow up too fast the way it is.

the same people who put there lil girls in these, are the same ones who dress them in hoochie clothes, cause its sooo cute when they are little. then throw fits when they can't get there teenage daughters to quit dressing like that....

but that said...

i have one boy that likes regular underwear, one that likes boxers and one that likes boxer briefs.

Adra
05-21-2008, 06:22 AM
I quess I just was not aware that they make such a thing and it took me by surprize. My husband wears boxers and my son wears both boxers and briefs. My dd does not wear thongs and neither do I-I would spend so much time pulling that tiny piece out of my cheeks.

I just do not see it being a wise choice for a child. It is not like he wants to show off his family jewels, I need them to be a little loose to make it easier to pull down and Oh my if he happens to do number 2, there will be a flatened mess.

evrita
05-21-2008, 07:07 AM
Are you raising your grandson? Why is his mother not potty training this child? I see all over the board where you have him. If you are raisng him kudos to you. I dont know if I could raise a child that age when I got older.

Adra
05-21-2008, 07:31 AM
No I'm not raising him.

Well sorta

My dd and her husband work some weird hours. some weeks I only have him 2 days a week and some weeks i will have him from Sunday morning till Thursday afternoon.

He will be going home today about 3:30. I consider myself fortunate to be able to take care of him while his parents work. I am glad I am in a position to watch him instead of them putting him in a private home/day care environment. I get to take him to church, and teach him and hug him and sing to him. I help infuence his future and he gives me hugs and wonderful memories to hold on to when I get old and drooling in my old age.

I do not charge them for this time with him, however I have not had to buy meat in 2 years. Dd keeps me supplied in hamburger, steaks, chicken, hams, loins, bacon, sausage, etc. Plus dd takes me out about once a month and treats me to a wonderful day out with her and the baby. She takes me to a nice restaurant and we go shopping togeather. And they gives me full usage of their credit card. (I really try not to take advantage, lol)

So no I am not raising him but I do spend a lot of time with him.

Edited to say, dd does work with him on his potty training, but her husband is a different matter. He says baby will learn eventually and we don't have to teach him. Some men don't seem to understand.

ladybugva
05-21-2008, 10:36 AM
I have 3 boys. They all have difference preferences. The oldest only likes boxes but they seem bulky to me but he has to wear them. he likes to sleep in them also. I have both traditional undies and those boxer briefs for them the other 2. I also have one of those skinny kids who wears what ever is clean but if he wears reg. undies we have to watch the shorts just to be safe. Since no one but me and daddy sees them I don't care which they wear. The reg. undies are snug also, these just have longer legs. Some daddies wear the boxer/briefs so maybe they want to be like dad.

Yes when they poop in them, big mess, but part of the process. believe me as you know I have been dealing w/t hat for a while.

most days I am glad that I don't have girls when I look at some of the stuff I see when I am at work at Kohls and they are pretty tame.

LuvBigRip
05-21-2008, 11:48 AM
I have two boys. One (13) hates underwear and goes commando. My other one likes the boxer briefs. He always wore the tighty whities, but I bought him the boxer briefs ande loves them. He says his privates don't dangle any more. He is 8

ahippiechic
05-21-2008, 11:51 AM
I have two boys. One (13) hates underwear and goes commando. My other one likes the boxer briefs. He always wore the tighty whities, but I bought him the boxer briefs ande loves them. He says his privates don't dangle any more. He is 8

That's pretty much what my bro said.

RNB16
05-21-2008, 01:22 PM
My boys both wear the boxer briefs that you are describing. They tell me that those are way more comfortable. Regular boxers would always bunch up when they would pull up their pants and regular briefs didn't seem to fit right. As far as potty training goes the more you push the more they will rebel against it as I learned the 1st time. With my second I was far more relaxed with it and didn't push the issue and he was more responsive to it.

jedmatters
05-22-2008, 06:27 AM
It is just underwear. I guess I do not think that it is a big deal, because every male human has gentilia... and they have to be comfortable. If he is comfortable in them, so be it.
I not think it is meant to be anything other than underwear. It is just for boys, and anyone thinking that it is sexy, or vulgar or inappropriate, needs to realise that.

As for the things for girls: my 11 year old daughter has worn them for 4 years. She loves them. She is comfortable, shoot: half eh time she is just naked in the house anyway. She hates clothes in general.

ahippiechic
05-22-2008, 06:33 AM
I don't wear thongs to be 'sexy'. I wear them because for me, it is more comfy to have a little string up my crack than the whole back of a reg pr of panties bunched up there! Also, with some clothes, you don't need to have a panty line. So if my DD wanted to wear them for those reasons (she's 6) I wouldn't mind, because no one else is going to be seeing them anyway.

ladybugva
05-22-2008, 08:29 AM
heck I got some "girl boxers" from VS the other day. The have the same stitching as the boxer briefs and they are comfy. I can see why some boys like them plus as some other posters have said for some boys it keeps their privates more secure and they like that.

buglebe
05-22-2008, 08:45 AM
It is just underwear. I guess I do not think that it is a big deal, because every male human has gentilia... and they have to be comfortable. If he is comfortable in them, so be it.
I not think it is meant to be anything other than underwear. It is just for boys, and anyone thinking that it is sexy, or vulgar or inappropriate, needs to realise that.

As for the things for girls: my 11 year old daughter has worn them for 4 years. She loves them. She is comfortable, shoot: half eh time she is just naked in the house anyway. She hates clothes in general.

My grandchildren are 4 and 6 and they like to be naked too. It drives me crazy. They can get in the house and strip before I get out of the car. I will be ready to go somewhere and the clothes have to be found and put back on.

LuvBigRip
05-22-2008, 09:15 AM
My grandchildren are 4 and 6 and they like to be naked too. It drives me crazy. They can get in the house and strip before I get out of the car. I will be ready to go somewhere and the clothes have to be found and put back on.

My 8 year old DS would be nekkid or in his skivvies all the time if he could get away with it.

ahippiechic
05-22-2008, 09:27 AM
My 8 year old DS would be nekkid or in his skivvies all the time if he could get away with it.

Same for my DD! (and me too!)

LuvBigRip
05-22-2008, 10:12 AM

LOL...you know how I feel about nekkid.

jayhawkfan
05-22-2008, 10:45 AM

OMG Im so glad you said this! I have a really hard time getting my 11 yr old to wear underwear. My family thinks Im horrible that I dont MAKE him. Good to know that he isnt the only one.

ladybugva
05-22-2008, 11:28 AM
my middle didn't wear them for the longest time. then he would say things like "peepee tickles" and my response always was "if you wore under wear that wouldn't be a problem" LOL I am sure mom thought I was nuts for letting him not wear them. I would insist for certain time (like school and church) he is better now

LuvBigRip
05-22-2008, 11:45 AM
OMG Im so glad you said this! I have a really hard time getting my 11 yr old to wear underwear. My family thinks Im horrible that I dont MAKE him. Good to know that he isnt the only one.

He quit wearing them when he was 10 or 11. Good grief, wearing (or not) underwaer is not one of the battles I choose to have. If he is uncomfortable in them, I can't imagine forcing him to wear them. If any member of my family tried to tell me different, I would buy them uncomfortable skivvies at every turn.

LuvBigRip
05-22-2008, 11:46 AM
I don't wear thongs to be 'sexy'.

That's just a bonus....right. :dancing:

ahippiechic
05-22-2008, 11:49 AM
That's just a bonus....right. :dancing:

Right! :star:

ladybugva
05-22-2008, 12:02 PM

:stunned :covereyes

ahippiechic
05-22-2008, 12:07 PM
:stunned :covereyes

Nekkid is good, lol!

jedmatters
05-22-2008, 01:32 PM
Nekkid is good, lol!

YUP. I have no problem being nekkid.. My family is known for that. May not be "pretty" but hey: it is just the body: we all have one.

Adra
05-26-2008, 01:08 PM
I have enjoyed this serious and tongue in cheek thread I have laughed and I have taken into consideration everyone thoughts, I tried to thank each of you for taking the time to talk and give me a different way of looking at things.

Now on to grandson

He is doing wonderful with his potty training, He has only had one true "too much to be an accident" Most of the time he wets just a little and screams while he is running to potty "ga-ma, peepee in potty NOW"

I let him pick the big boy pants that he wants to put on, the tight ones that has shrek on them is the ones that I complained about. He chooses them sometimes. He also has the thick ones that has stars and lines ans such stuff on them and he has 2 regular boxers with spiderman on them and he has mickey mouse and bob the builder and thomas the trainon regular boys undies.

He does choose the tight boxers and I have noticed that he does not pick and pull at those as much as he does the others. The others seem to work inbetween his cheeks and he is constantly picking at than area.

So for his comfort I will buy the tight boxers for him.

Thank you for all of your input.

I DO NOT WANT TO HEAR

"I TOLD YOU SO"

lololololo