PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone own the swiffer wetjet?

LoveBugg
05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
I just have a quick question. Can you use the dry ones on it too or just the wet jet pads?

TIA

ahippiechic
05-20-2008, 11:20 AM
I don't know, I've never looked at the dry ones. Hope someone else can help....

Anig2u
05-20-2008, 11:22 AM
You can as long as they have the velcro thing to stick on the bottom. I have owned two wet jets and both times they have leaked when not in use.

ahippiechic
05-20-2008, 11:25 AM
I've had mine since they 1st came out, I got it to test and I'm still using the same one, lol! Haven't had any problems with it. My DD loves it so she mops most of the time. Might be why I like it so much, I don't have to mop a lot, lol!

Vee030473
05-20-2008, 11:25 AM
I use just the ones for the Wet Jet. Ive never had any problem with it leaking but after I use it,I take the used one off and put a new one on so it will be ready for use next time. I use one at home and we also use the antibacterial one at work.

magenta
05-20-2008, 12:24 PM
I love my wet jet! Idk if you can use the other pads or not.
I love the magic erasers too!

Shann
05-20-2008, 02:38 PM
good question! I seriously don't mop.. I think Luke has a wet jet, but he got one of those flip its and uses that instead. I don't remember the wet jet leaking and I know if it did... I would have heard him ***** about it :lol

Urban Cowgirl
05-20-2008, 04:40 PM
I love mine....but I use the really absorbent microfiber towels on mine then just wash them!!! Waaaayyyy cheaper!

DezaRay24
05-20-2008, 06:13 PM
I like my wet jet its great for spot cleaning but the real deep down cleaining needs to be done on your hands and knees.

lymi
05-21-2008, 06:40 AM
I heard the chemicals in the wet jet are toxic to pets if they lick it or even the dry floor. I didn't want to take the chance

ahippiechic
05-21-2008, 06:44 AM
http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_swiffer_wetjet.htm

Until recently, we've always had a cat and never had a problem. I looked on the label and there isn't anything in there that isn't in a lot of other cleaners.

lymi
05-21-2008, 06:49 AM
That is good to know. Because I have really wanted one. I did wonder why that would be different than any other cleaning product.

lymi
05-21-2008, 06:57 AM
Ok , I don't know how to print links on here. But I went to snoopes for the swifter mop. It said the story is false. But it showed what I had read. Said the dog walked on the floor then licked his paws, and it killed him. Said it has something in it like anti-freeze. Check it out. But snoopes did say that it is FALSE

ahippiechic
05-21-2008, 07:01 AM
According to the Swiffer WetJet Material Safety Data Sheet, the product has "a low order of toxicity." It contains the following ingredients:

* Water (90% - 100%)
* Propylene Glycol n-Propyl Ether (1% - 4%)
* Isopropyl Alcohol (1% - 4%)
* Minor Ingredients (< 1%)
* Preservatives (< 0.1%)

Propylene glycol n-propyl ether is a solvent similar to, but much less toxic than, ethylene glycol, the antifreeze ingredient always cited as a hazard to pets and children. The Material Safety Data Sheet for propylene glycol, which is present in no greater than a 4% concentration in the Swiffer WetJet cleaning solution, states that the chemical has "low toxicity in animal studies" where ingested. It is also found in other household cleaning products.

The ASPCA Animal Poison Control Center has stated the following: "Propylene glycol n-propyl ether and propylene glycol n-butyl ether are very safe ingredients at levels used in cleaning products and do not cause kidney or liver failure."

diana_circe
05-21-2008, 10:05 AM
I've always wanted one, but we have stone look porceline tile in the kitchen and the grooves have to be hand scrubbed.

Patchouli, watch the little guy and the magic eraser, make sure he doesn't scrub himself with it. My oldest daughter got some blue hair dye on her finger and tried to use it to clean it off and got a chemical burn.

ahippiechic
05-21-2008, 10:11 AM
Sorry about your DD. Awhile back, mine used a cleaning rag I had under the sink that had bleach on it and got a burn too.

diana_circe
05-21-2008, 10:15 AM
Thanks! He's 14 now so hopefully he wouldn't do that. I'm sorry about your daughter. That must have hurt.

LOL she's 17, so you never can tell... I didn't think she'd try to wash a stain off her skin, or I would have specifically told her not to.

diana_circe
05-21-2008, 10:43 AM
Nah, she just acts younger :)

diana_circe
05-21-2008, 11:36 AM
OMG I don't even want to think of Holli out on her own. Were you really freaked about it at first?

OK done with the hijack :)

katgirl3
05-21-2008, 06:21 PM
I've had mine since they 1st came out, I got it to test and I'm still using the same one, lol! Haven't had any problems with it. My DD loves it so she mops most of the time. Might be why I like it so much, I don't have to mop a lot, lol!

Same here. I've had mine since they first came out too and I love it. No problems with leaking.

Don't know if you can use the dry ones on it, either.