PDA

View Full Version : New Pet

Corinna
05-19-2008, 08:55 PM
Hubby came home from work today carrying an ice cream bucket and said look what I got. It was a little yellow and green parakeet. He said that it had landed on one of the machines at his job and it just hopped on his finger. Then it flew off. Then about 5 mins. later it came back and he threw his shirt over it and caught it. A lady gave him the bucket to bring it home in. It is about half grown. Very pretty and friendly. The only problem is that my furbaby Sable thinks that it shouldn't be here. She doesn't know that she is a dog and can't stand any pets in the house. We named the bird Lucky.

Shann
05-19-2008, 08:59 PM
cool with it being so friendly though I wonder if it was someone else's and got away :confused:

lollylala
05-19-2008, 09:29 PM
Thats sooooo cool cuz I we got a lilac amazon parrot today. He is only 5 weeks old and still being syringe fed.

galeane29
05-20-2008, 05:16 AM
Patch, you caged my family? Shame on you LMAO

ladybugva
05-20-2008, 06:08 AM
that's neat that it is friendly. Already on a good start for that.

sunie
05-20-2008, 06:35 AM
That is so cool, lucky you! Hubby caught a love bird like that once, it was out on the bird feeder, good thing he gave it away....I am so not good for birds.

If they're in a cage I end up killing them, If I'm driving I hit them, the family's cruel enough to joke about it, not cool.

Renrut
05-20-2008, 07:16 AM
Awee that's cute. I like birds but can't deal with the noise