PDA

View Full Version : Wish me luck

sunie
05-19-2008, 08:05 AM
I'm about to take my 7 yr. old little girl to the dentist, they capped her tooth last year, she ate a chewy candy and pulled it off (last yr.) I took her to have it replaced, last week she got a blister over the tooth and said blood was coming from the tooth not the blister so last Thurs I took her back to the same place and they said that it had to come out it's absessed:(

I wouldn't take her to this place I don't like them but it's an emergency and has to come out, These are the same people that pulled a tooth in my 9 yr. old and left red welts from "restraining belts". This had better not happen to her or I will hit the roof and I will check before I leave, better yet I'll ask them to sedate her some.

dianepost
05-19-2008, 08:14 AM
Please... If this happens to be ASPEN DENTAL, then run, don't walk away from there.
They are terrible in my opinion, maybe others like them, but me personally think they are the worst.

Hetty
05-19-2008, 08:15 AM
I dont think they wil have to do that to logan but if they do please hit the roof....Better yet you want me to hit it for you I am itching to tear someone a new one its been awhile...lol

PrincessArky
05-19-2008, 08:18 AM
I hope it went well

sunie
05-19-2008, 08:20 AM
Please... If this happens to be ASPEN DENTAL, then run, don't walk away from there.
They are terrible in my opinion, maybe others like them, but me personally think they are the worst.

Nope it's Wabash Valley Childrens Dentistry....I thought since they are a childrens dentist they would have more care with the kids and their comforts.

Does any one have a Smile Center? From their advertisements they seem like they might be good.

taz69
05-19-2008, 09:19 AM
Insist that you go in with her! You have the right to, and it will help her to be a bit more relaxed.

sunie
05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
They have a rule Taz where you are not allowed to go in with your kids, I've asked to go in before and they said in no uncertain terms no because it makes the kids more nervous to have the parents in there:stunned . I don't like the rule to me it seems like they are hiding something that they don't want the parents to know. I need to find a new dentist, I wish there was a referral site.

she did good, she's being her typical Logan self (hetty will understand) I did mention the marks on Jake and they had me go into a little room and they pulled his file, the "office manager" was supposed to come in and talk to me about it, but the dentist came in handing me all this crap about sharp instraments and not wanting the kids to grab him or it and it's a passive restraint, I told him that if he was fighting it so hard they should have came and got me.:mad:

They were supposed to give logan Laughing gas and didn't she said she could feel it. I asked about a seditive for her and they said they will not do it. Like I said no wonder kids are afraid of going to the dentist.

ahippiechic
05-19-2008, 04:45 PM
Our dentist encourages us to come in with the kid. My DD could care less if I went with her or not, but sometimes it makes me feel better to be in there. :)

iluvmybaby
05-19-2008, 05:19 PM
They have a rule Taz where you are not allowed to go in with your kids, I've asked to go in before and they said in no uncertain terms no because it makes the kids more nervous to have the parents in there:stunned . I don't like the rule to me it seems like they are hiding something that they don't want the parents to know. I need to find a new dentist, I wish there was a referral site.

she did good, she's being her typical Logan self (hetty will understand) I did mention the marks on Jake and they had me go into a little room and they pulled his file, the "office manager" was supposed to come in and talk to me about it, but the dentist came in handing me all this crap about sharp instraments and not wanting the kids to grab him or it and it's a passive restraint, I told him that if he was fighting it so hard they should have came and got me.:mad:

They were supposed to give logan Laughing gas and didn't she said she could feel it. I asked about a seditive for her and they said they will not do it. Like I said no wonder kids are afraid of going to the dentist.

Is her teeth taken care of now? In between now, and the next emergency, I would search for a new dentist. I am terrified of the dentist, from now on I will only go to a dentist that practices sedation. I had a tooth worked on and I could feel it despite 4 shots.

dangerousfem
05-19-2008, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry.. but if I can't go in with my minor children.. then my children aren't going in... too many sickos in this world...

sunie
05-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Is her teeth taken care of now? In between now, and the next emergency, I would search for a new dentist. I am terrified of the dentist, from now on I will only go to a dentist that practices sedation. I had a tooth worked on and I could feel it despite 4 shots.

I had that I was pregnant with Logan and I had a bad mollar and my wisdom teeth had to come out. Since I was pregnant they couldn't do sedation and they gave me as many shots that they could, they can only give so many, the mollar was so infected that the shots wouldn't work, the infection acted like insulation against the numbing medication, it really sucked I could feel everything. I feel for you I hate the pick, and I'm like really phobic of needles, plus when i was younger i had a bad experience with a dentist, I didn't want the shot, fought against it, so to teach me a lesson he took the drill and used it on my tooth with out numbing it, it was horrible and I have never forgotten it.

Hetty
05-20-2008, 06:53 AM
Did she have a melt down? I know that she told me yesturday ont he phone that it is the light that scares her I told her to close her eyes she said she was afaid to cause he cut her lip last time.You should take her to robs dentist they work with him he passes out everytime so they work on him upside down so he won't pass out.