PDA

View Full Version : I have V.S. coupons - but not at 10%

Flamingo13
05-17-2008, 07:46 PM
I'm sorry, but I'd just as soon toss them or find someone on the street.. why did it become "common" to offer 10% for them? - I want my cig c/o's of course, but I wouldn't consider offering such a low offer (am I wrong here?)

Airbuswife
05-17-2008, 09:10 PM
i'm not sure if i understand this or not, and please set me straight if i'm not correct! :)

so,you would RATHER throw away or give them to someone on the street that could use them than get 10% of their value here? so, you would rather get NOTHING than SOMETHING??? what am i missing??????

some people dont really want or need much, they just would like to be compensated for their effort of finding such a coupon. i guess its up to the person to decide what they would like in return for the coupons.

if they only want ten percent, then give it to them with a smile, lol!! :)

LoveBugg
05-17-2008, 10:15 PM
Im a little confused here. So let me see if I have this right. You wouldnt sell a coupon for 10%, but you would buy them for 10%? Am I right? I was gunna offer to trade for some, but got a little confused.. Sorry :(

Flamingo13
05-18-2008, 06:45 PM
I was saying that people only want to offer 10% - I said that when I want cig. coupons (Marlboro and Newport) and would never offer such a low amount. Considering what you get in savings, I personally think 10% is crazy.

I have given people coupons, offered free c/o's, etc. - but if I'm trying to trade because I need the $$ or paypal....

chazsgirl
05-18-2008, 06:59 PM
what ever happened to helping people out by giving a good deal on items you wouldn't or couldn't use. throwing them out you get nothing, selling them you get to help someone else and make a few cents profit.

galeane29
05-19-2008, 05:25 AM
I personally could not charge someone a lot of money for something that I got for free. If I had coupons I wasn't going to use I would just give them away.

I agree, unless there are LOTS of them, they usualy go for a small amount plus the cost of a stamp.

tracey74
05-19-2008, 09:14 PM
not to flame you but youre lucky youre getting an offer I try to get rid of mine here and never get any offers most of the time and yet I see the same coupons offered here and they go fast. I always want someone to make me an offer as if I cant use them someone can and I never know what to charge for my time posting them and what not.and I have good feedback so go figure. sometimes if i cant get rid of them I will offer them as a RAOK(random act of kindness) instead of throwing them out. like my kroger coupons there is a member on this board who I send them to(the ones I dont use) and dont ask for money for them and she at times sends me coupons in return which is helpful.so you could always trade them for something you could use you'd still be saving some money that way.and its possible not a lot of people smoke that brand so maybe they are wanting to get them for someone else? I dont know but those are just some options I supose.

Urban Cowgirl
05-20-2008, 09:05 AM
10% is pretty common now....eeven ciggy coupons have gone down alot...they used to be 50% not anymore!

I figure if I am not gonna use it, something is better then nothing. Sometimes I give them away...soemtimes I trade them.. Lately with the price of everything, I really need the $ so take what I can get.

Often its 10% plus postage.

PrincessArky
05-20-2008, 09:33 AM
I just give stuff away.......I am not rich but I just cant charge someone for something I have and won't be using

ahippiechic
05-20-2008, 09:40 AM
I just gave away 2 Lowe's coupons. I didn't need them and my friend did, so I'm sending them to her.

galeane29
05-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I just mailed out 2 envies to 2 members on here today for FREE just to be nice:)

Tsiskin
05-20-2008, 04:47 PM
When I have extra or near-expiring coupons, I leave them next to the items at the store in case someone else can use them. Many times, I see someone picking up an item and I offer them the coupon right there, especially if I clipped a bunch.
I almost always get a nice thank you, and sometimes even a strange look. :)

Some people leave piles of coupons an a shelf, and I always skim through them to see if there is anything I can use.

Give and take.. Seems to work nicely.

Urban Cowgirl
05-20-2008, 04:48 PM
When I have extra or near-expiring coupons, I leave them next to the items at the store in case someone else can use them. Many times, I see someone picking up an item and I offer them the coupon right there, especially if I clipped a bunch.
I almost always get a nice thank you, and sometimes even a strange look. :)

Some people leave piles of coupons an a shelf, and I always skim through them to see if there is anything I can use.

Give and take.. Seems to work nicely.

I do this as well sometimes. It makes my day when someone has left one I can use! WooHoo

Pepsi4me
05-20-2008, 04:53 PM
If I have coupons I dont use I will leave them on the shelf by the items in a store that way someone else can use them.

galeane29
05-20-2008, 04:56 PM
At my winn dixie , after your purchase the register will spit out coupons for dollars off your next purchase of XX.xx well, alot of times I dont spend that much there at one time so I give it to the person in line behind me to use.
They are always surprised :)

tsquared
05-20-2008, 06:22 PM
Some people look to get rich on their trades in one trade. There are other places to trade and most all of the places go for the same amount especially when you have people cutting and trading hundreds of coupons weekly. This day and age throwing something out when you could of helped someone would be a sin...........you never know when it might come back to you seven fold

Rogerslmc
05-20-2008, 07:01 PM
LMAO! Just GOTTA! AMEN SISTA!

galeane29
05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
LMAO your a nut