PDA

View Full Version : Worth it?

Flamingo13
05-17-2008, 07:40 PM
I have all these points, when I'm not working, I log in to attempt to get a reward...GONE. Is this even worth bothering with anymore?

irvinesbest
05-18-2008, 05:26 PM
I'm presuming you're talking about the Shopping Spree. I can certainly sympathize with you. I'm sure many share your frustration.

Bottom line is this. One's success is primarily affected by the item in question, the quantity, and the time of day the SS occurs. There's a "trick of the trade" which can improve your chances, but I won't reveal it here because it will only hurt my chances. :)

Some items are more popular than others. I have yet to win any Target or Lowe's gift cards. The 1000 AAdvantage miles and Starbucks gift cards are very difficult to get as well, however I've been fortunate to win those a couple of times.

Some days are better than others. There have been times when I managed to get 2 items in the same week. Then I go a month without getting anything. Can't really explain it. I'm a West Coaster, so those SS's which occur after people get off work in the Central and Eastern time zones can be an advantage for me, but that's not always the case.

I've made suggestions to RewardTV that they should consider increasing the quantity of some of those higher value items (e.g., 75 instead of 15 or 25) or putting the Shopping Sprees during off-hours (like at night). To no avail. They've got a gameplan and they're sticking to it.

As with anything free, you've got to be willing to put in the effort to get it.