PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use Netflix??

tsquared
05-16-2008, 10:35 AM
just got a flyer in the mail for a free trial and was wondering what the hidden deals are that they dont seem to tell ya about?

sandooch
05-16-2008, 10:41 AM
I get the 3-at-a-time deal where you can check out 3 movies and keep them for as long as you want. I believe I pay around $17-$18 with that when you include tax. I think it's a great deal because we go through 3 movies, sometimes more, a week. That's 12 movies or more each month. You can't get that kind of deal at a B&M video store.

I especially love how quickly they get the movies and send you another off of your list. If I mail a movie on Monday, I'll usually get another off my list by Thursday, sometimes even on Wednesday. That's fast!

I say go for it!!!

DrGrin
05-16-2008, 10:55 AM
The only drawback to netflix is that if you have movies listed in your queue that aren't available in your local netflix service center- they send them from another state. Sometimes that takes 2-3 days. I usually get very quick service on movies. I send one in, they get it the following day, and I get a movie back on the next day.

I also recommend doing either the two or three at a time plan. You can always have a movie in your hands and one on the way to you.

If you watch a lot of movies, Netflix is definitely a great program to subscribe to.

magickay
05-16-2008, 10:56 AM
I have the same subscription (3 at a time). I signed up through MyPoints as an added benefit. My list is 324 titles long! Turnaround is quick, and I love being able to keep the DVDs as long as I want. Sometimes I just want to bang through a bunch of films, and other times I want to study them, so this works really well for me.

I've only received two bad discs in the years I've been a subscriber, and each time I received a replacement quickly.

tarbabie
05-16-2008, 10:57 AM
We have had it since January and like it so far- beats waiting in line at blockbuster and the movies don't skip thru...blockbusters movies always seem to be scratched...

crystal_19
05-16-2008, 11:01 AM
We LOVE it!! We have had it for about two years, off and on but everytime we join we really enjoy it!

VenuStar
05-16-2008, 11:23 AM
I love it...even when one's gotten lost in the mail, they're really good about sending out a replacement.

keoka3
05-16-2008, 11:30 AM
I also get 3 at a time, and they have plenty of movies on their website that is free to watch at anytime, my computer wouldn't play one and i call and it only took him a couple of minutes to tell me what to do so i could watch. but I love the fact that if I don't have a movie I can watch something on their site and they add more movies

sandooch
05-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Oh yeah, forgot about the free movies you can watch on their site. DH loves that; although, you are only allowed a certain amount of hours to view free movies a month (I think it's 17 hours). So you could probably get in around 10 free movies a month with that.

dv8grl
05-16-2008, 01:19 PM
LOVE NETFLIX! Love that I can watch a lot of televison shows & documentaries LIVE on the computer thru them. The turnaround has REALLY IMPROVED from the way its been in the past. I've been with them for over 5 yrs. ANd NEVER had a problem!!!

vicky122
05-16-2008, 01:26 PM
I just do the one movie at a time. But the turn around is great. There isn't nothing hidden with them at all. I evan had lost a cd and they don't charge for it. But I am sure if you lose to many they would but don't know.

Faithfully
05-16-2008, 02:41 PM
I love Netflix!
It is so much better than Blockbuster.
I pay $15 a month for 2 movies at a time.
They get here super fast too.
I say go for it!!!!!!

Heidi
05-16-2008, 07:18 PM
We only get one at a time and it's like $9.00 a month. Even at that rate we would only be able to get 2 from Blockbuster.

Jackie_Blu
05-16-2008, 07:23 PM
I get the 3-at-a-time deal where you can check out 3 movies and keep them for as long as you want. I believe I pay around $17-$18 with that when you include tax. I think it's a great deal because we go through 3 movies, sometimes more, a week. That's 12 movies or more each month. You can't get that kind of deal at a B&M video store.

I especially love how quickly they get the movies and send you another off of your list. If I mail a movie on Monday, I'll usually get another off my list by Thursday, sometimes even on Wednesday. That's fast!

I say go for it!!!

My son gets the same deal and really likes it. He can watch 3 movies when hes home on the weekend (a lot of the times) mail them off and have fresh ones the next weekend.