PDA

View Full Version : Maybe someone else knows about this

bears984
05-15-2008, 06:44 PM
Okay here is the deal for the past few months about 5 months now I have lost 50 pounds I know that really is not to bad for the time but here is the deal. I have not been eating any different I still drink my regular pepsi every day and about the same time I started losing weight I now have horrible joint pain in both of my legs up around the hip and other parts of my body. I have an appointment to see the doctor next month but just wondered if anyone else might have had this happen to them? Or know of someone that it has happened to. Don't get me wrong I needed to lose the weight, but I think something is going on that might need my doctor to look at it.

DBackFan
05-15-2008, 06:46 PM
I would be worried too if I just started losing it without a change of diet or exercise. Man I had worked my butt off to lose my 30 so far. I am happy for your loss but really want you to be checked out. :hug

buglebe
05-15-2008, 07:18 PM
Undiagnosed diabetes can cause you to lose weight like that but I don't know about the joint pain. I am very glad you are going to the doctor. I think you probably should have gone before now but if you are like me you would have been so happy about it you would have put it off. Let us know.

MistyWolf
05-15-2008, 07:44 PM
Undiagnosed diabetes can cause you to lose weight like that but I don't know about the joint pain. I am very glad you are going to the doctor. I think you probably should have gone before now but if you are like me you would have been so happy about it you would have put it off. Let us know.

Agreed. My cousin lost a ton of weight and he didn't need to to begin with .. he finally went to the doctor and he has diabetes. I am not sure about the joint pain, but I am glad you are going to the doctor. Hope all is well.

bears984
05-15-2008, 08:54 PM
I know I have diabetes I have had it for 6 years now that I know of but it is very much under control. I know you are sitting there saying how if she is drinking pepsi but it is.I don't drink alot of it. I eat right and most of the time I exercise but the pain keeps me from alot. Even sleeping at night. The reason I have not gone to the doctor so far is becasue my doctor is 160 miles away and with gas prices it is real hard on the pocket book. But we have to go there next month any way so I am going to go then.

BeanieLuvR
05-15-2008, 09:40 PM
(((bears984))) I wish you could go to the doctor sooner but I understand why you can't. I hope it is nothing serious.

earnhardt1
05-16-2008, 01:12 AM
sounds like its time to find a closer dr..........
good luck

Quaker_Parrots
05-16-2008, 02:53 AM
I know I have diabetes I have had it for 6 years now that I know of but it is very much under control. I know you are sitting there saying how if she is drinking pepsi but it is.I don't drink alot of it. I eat right and most of the time I exercise but the pain keeps me from alot. Even sleeping at night. The reason I have not gone to the doctor so far is becasue my doctor is 160 miles away and with gas prices it is real hard on the pocket book. But we have to go there next month any way so I am going to go then.

My DH is diabetic and gets the leg/ joint pain when his sugar is up. Have you been checking your levels? I would just about bet your diabetes isnt under control and your levels are up.

He even gets blurred vision when his isnt in control. Have you had that yet?

PrincessArky
05-16-2008, 04:17 AM
I hope you are able to get to the dr and find out what the problem is

nightrider127
05-16-2008, 04:48 AM

This was what I was going to say. Do you have a cholesterol problem? If you do and take meds for it, especially Lipitor, it can cause you pain like that.

freeby4me
05-16-2008, 05:01 AM
Could it be an issue with your thyroid?

Get this checked while you're there too.

I have heard of some people losing a bunch of weight because of the thyroid problem.

bears984
05-16-2008, 05:21 AM
This was what I was going to say. Do you have a cholesterol problem? If you do and take meds for it, especially Lipitor, it can cause you pain like that.

No I don't have a cholesterol problem that I know of so I am not taking any meds for that

bears984
05-16-2008, 05:24 AM
My DH is diabetic and gets the leg/ joint pain when his sugar is up. Have you been checking your levels? I would just about bet your diabetes isnt under control and your levels are up.

He even gets blurred vision when his isnt in control. Have you had that yet?

Yes I check my blood sugar 4 times a day on two different machines and the last time I was at my doctor 3 months ago my blood sugar levals were very good. I too get blurred vision and dizzy spells when mine is out of control.

I just checked my blood sugar on both machines one says 80 the other said 81

buglebe
05-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Bears I want to know what you found out.

bears984
05-29-2008, 12:36 AM
I have not gone to the doctor yet it will be in June but I will let you guys know what is going on.

Char
05-29-2008, 01:10 AM
A guy down the street from us... we've watched him melt since christmas... at least 50 or 60 pounds... it was his thyroid. He putting the pounds back on now, pretty quick too... so, I assume they have him on meds for it.

His daughter told me yesterday that he needed a surgery for it, but, he is putting it off, and going back to work. I do know that the hyperthyroid caused his heart rate to speed up, that's what sent him to the hospital, and they found out it was his thyroid causing it.

Yea... please get checked ASAP.

Memedav
05-29-2008, 05:52 AM
Does anyone else in your family have any other type of auto immune disorders, like maybe Lupus? I'm not really sure about the weight loss aspect but my older sister had horrible joint pain and general pain all over. She actually thought she was having a heart attack because the pain was so severe. I hope your Dr. has some answers for you and everything checks out ok. Keep us posted!

SLance68
05-29-2008, 10:13 AM
If your potassium level is low it will cause leg pains. My Mom has that problem and if she eats a banana a day she does not have the leg pains.

bears984
05-29-2008, 11:40 AM
Both of my parents do have a thyroid problem one each way. They both have heart problems of some kind, my dad has a degenerate heart disease and my mom has an enlarged heart. Cancer runs in both sides my mom has had cancer I have had cancer of the uterus. I had a hysterectomy almost 3 years ago. There is so much that we all have or most of us have that it just makes me wonder what is next. I am just so sick of the pain. I already have degenerate disk disease, a herneated disk and 3 bone spurs on my spine and at first I had thought okay this is from my back it is the casue of the new pain but then I started getting the elbow pain and the shoulder and across my chest pain. ( not like heart attack pain) and in one of my legs like a charlie horse that wont go away. I do understand why people go have some one help them commit sucide now that are in pain all the time. Not that I would but I think I better understand now.

buglebe
05-29-2008, 11:48 AM
If it is your thyroid and it is over active you know that this can be very serious. I hope when you say you are going in June you mean in the next week or so. This has gone on too long. A "thyroid storm" can kill you. Don't wait too long. It's not worth your life to put this off.

Vee030473
05-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Have you had a tick on you? I know it is a strange question to ask but my sister had symptoms similiar to what you described,and she was diagnosed with Lyme Disease. She never thought about that being what was wrong with her because even though she remembered taking a tick off her shoulder months before the symptoms started,she did not get the rash commonly associated with Lyme Disease.

bears984
05-29-2008, 05:34 PM
The last tick I can remember having on me was almost 2 years ago

bears984
06-15-2008, 01:22 AM
okay I got into the doctor early I will be going the 16th and we will be back the 19th maybe the 18th so I will let ya know what I find out, here is hoping that it is nothing big and can be fixed soon

DBackFan
06-15-2008, 07:21 AM
(((bears)))) Good luck sweetie :hug

freeby4me
06-15-2008, 07:28 AM
Let us know when you come back, Im quite curious! Good Luck!!

banana
06-15-2008, 08:28 AM
Good luck, I hope it's nothing serious.

Char
06-17-2008, 05:48 PM
Yea... been waiting to hear something, let's try and stay positive. There are digestive issues that can cause unexpected weight loss too. We're all hoping for ya !

bears984
06-17-2008, 05:57 PM
well I am back I am sooo tired but I still do not know anything hoping to get a call tomorrow they did some blood test not sure what all they did and a urine test. They want me to have a bone test and they will call me with that appointment.