PDA

View Full Version : Mom's gone!

crystal_19
05-13-2008, 11:11 AM
As some of you know, my mother has been living with my DH and I for almost 2 years now. She has been battling breast cancer since September of 2006. We have been to so many appointments together, scans together, new doctors together, and just about everything you can imagine, all TOGETHER! Not to mention we have cried so many tears, fearing the worst and of course hoping for the best. Prayers were sent by many and felt by all of us. My DH, Chris, was a rock for both of us through this entire journey. Never once getting upset for having my mother with us 24/7. Of course the early chemo times were there worst but we made it. Then came everyday radiation, wow what a tole that took on her but again, she made it. I came to love and respect my mother more than I ever thought I could. She is such a strong woman, a wonderful mother, and a fighter.

As of February 1st, 2008 - she became something else. A CANCER SURVIVOR!!

We found out she was in remission on 2/1/08 and we were so thrilled!!

So, after that she decided she wanted to go back home - Michigan. We live in Mississippi. So being the good daughter and the travel agent I booked her on May 10th, 2008 on Amtrak from Jackson, Mississippi to Homewood, IL - where my sister would pick her up and drive her back home. So, I woke up on mothers day May 11th with such a sinking feeling in my stomach! I know that is selfish of me and I should be happy for her and I am but it's hard to let go. Not so much of her being here but just being able to take care of her. Of course she still has medication she has to take, dr.'s she must go see and I guess letting someone else take care of her is hard for me to do.

So far I have not had a day I didn't cry. I'm not sure why, is it because I miss her? Is it because she isn't here for me to take care of anymore? Or is it just because I'm selfish and I WANT MY MOMMY BACK...LOL!

I just wanted to vent and update all my friends on BBS! Is this what it feels like to send you kids off to school?

Thanks!
:sob :bawling:

dangerousfem
05-13-2008, 11:19 AM
:grouphug I think it will just take some adjustment time for you... this has been your way of life for a long time... it will take a little time to adjust to a new routine.

flute
05-13-2008, 11:26 AM
(((Huggles)))

Kyla Kym
05-13-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks for sharing that with us. It's sad that your mom is gone, but it's so refreshing to hear someone say how much they love their mom, and miss her. Seems all you hear anymore is people saying how much they dislike their parents nowadays. YOu must have a wonderful mother, and you must be a wonderful daughter. :hug

BeanieLuvR
05-13-2008, 01:49 PM
I think it is only normal that you miss her after having her with you for 2 years. It is awesome that she beat the cancer. :) In time you will adjust to her being back home. I bet she misses you just as much. :hug

crystal_19
05-13-2008, 01:51 PM
I think it is only normal that you miss her after having her with you for 2 years. It is awesome that she beat the cancer. :) In time you will adjust to her being back home. I bet she misses you just as much. :hug

Thank you, she better!! LOL

ladybugva
05-13-2008, 02:25 PM
2 yrs is a long time to have some one share space with you and she was more that that. You went through a lot tog. so it will take some time to adjust. :grouphug I am so glad to hear that she is well. call her a lot and spend time w/ her that way for now.

dv8grl
05-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Congrats to her & Hugs to you. Sounds like you both went thru alot. :hug

vicky122
05-13-2008, 02:45 PM
That is so great that she is able to go home. Be very happy for her that she can do this and you will have your mom evan longer. It is a combation of all the above that you are going through. And the memories you was able to keep with you. She must be very proud that she has a daughter that she was able to count on and a family that could help her through it all.

CLARKS4
05-13-2008, 02:47 PM
:hug Call her I bet she misses you to.

YankeeMary
05-13-2008, 05:51 PM
I agree, call her...hehe. I hope my kids feel like you do. You are a wonderful daughter. And I am sure she knows it. HUGS!!!

chib44
05-13-2008, 06:01 PM
what your feeling is normal so glad she doing well God Bless

ang in NC
05-13-2008, 06:31 PM
You are a good daughter!

sandooch
05-13-2008, 10:50 PM
I agree; you are a terrific, loving daughter.

Mom2Shaun
05-14-2008, 11:52 AM
OMG, I was worried when I saw the title of this thread and then the opening paragraph about your mother's breast cancer. I was afraid this story was going in a whole different direction! I'm so glad it has turned out so well!

Think of it this way; on top of your mother regaining her health, you've both forged a stronger bond, closeness and understanding of one another. Yes, the downside is that you miss her now, which is natural, but you've also gained so much! And I'm sure she is soooo grateful to have such a wonderful daughter! So actually, Congratulations are in order!

mirage7000
05-14-2008, 12:22 PM
You are a wonderful daughter! So happy to hear your mom is better! I just want to give you some hugs for being so kind!

crystal_19
05-14-2008, 02:36 PM
Y'all are great and thats why I wrote the post to begin with, I knew you would all make me feel better. A few of you made me cry but that's about all I do on a daily basis now...LOL. It's getting better each day. I am happy for her and really this is the first time alone my DH and I have had since we got married 7/6/07!!

Thanks everyone!

DonnaWV
05-14-2008, 02:59 PM
What a wonderful Daughter you are. You and your Mom are very blessed to have each other. Not many kids today would do what you have done for your Mom. I know you miss her, but maybe now is the time to enjoy your new Husband, He must be a very special person, to be your rock,not many men would be that kind with their Mother-in-Law living in the same house. I think he's a keeper LOL

crystal_19
05-14-2008, 03:45 PM
What a wonderful Daughter you are. You and your Mom are very blessed to have each other. Not many kids today would do what you have done for your Mom. I know you miss her, but maybe now is the time to enjoy your new Husband, He must be a very special person, to be your rock,not many men would be that kind with their Mother-in-Law living in the same house. I think he's a keeper LOL

You are so right, he is a keeper for sure. And to think we found each other on the internet...lol.

Mom2Shaun
05-14-2008, 04:29 PM
You are so right, he is a keeper for sure. And to think we found each other on the internet...lol.

Oh good, a nice romantic story! Do tell!

twinkiesmom
05-14-2008, 07:36 PM
Thanks for sharing that with us. It's sad that your mom is gone, but it's so refreshing to hear someone say how much they love their mom, and miss her. Seems all you hear anymore is people saying how much they dislike their parents nowadays. YOu must have a wonderful mother, and you must be a wonderful daughter. :hug

:yeah

Congrats on the remission!

I dont think I'd be able to live in the same house as my mom. I'm probably rotten for saying that . . . but there are just some ppl u gotta stay away from to keep your sanity.

kidzpca
05-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Congrats

jcw
05-14-2008, 08:09 PM
Congrats

crystal_19
05-15-2008, 09:54 AM
Oh good, a nice romantic story! Do tell!

It is a great story, and one with an wonderful ending. Just the highlights - my sister told me in 1999 that there was a new website with voice chat called Mplayer. Well since I talk ALL the time she thought it would be great, I agreed. I went and bought a mic for the pc and signed up for the website. The first day I logged on - Sept of 1999 I went into a room "Southern Hospitality" under my screen name crystal_49091 (original huh? NOT). Anyway, SirLancelot said "Hello Crystal, welcome to the room". OMG - the southern accent made my knees turn into jello!!! I have to admit once I found out he lived in Mississipp, I had to look at the atlas to see where that was...lol. Michigan was a LONG way off. Anyway, in January of 2000 he flew to Chicago to see me, I flew here in Feb. then in March of 2000 he came to my sisters house to pick me up with a U-Haul! It was Easter morning when we drove away with my mom and sisters crying...so mom says she owes me and thats why she left the day before Mothers Day...heehee. Anyway, after being burnt on my 1st marriage I swore I would never marry again. Well 8 years later I said yes, we have been married since 7/6/07 and I have never been happier.

:dancing: :love: :groupsmilie :beer: