PDA

View Full Version : My freecycle moderaters are JERKS

iluvmybaby
05-13-2008, 06:47 AM
I have been a member of my freecycle group for about 6 months, I have offered SEVERAL things, and they were always approved. So yesterday, I made an offer and then made a wanted, and I got this response

there,

Just a friendly reminder that in order to have a wanted/ISO post
approved on JacksonTN Freecycle™, you must first post an offer.
Please
feel free to re-post your request after you have posted an *offer*
message.

Thanks for understanding!

Your JacksonTN Mods

When I looked in my inbox, my OFFER had been accepeted and there were 12 responses. This is only the second time I posted a wanted, and it was within the rules. ARGH. Last time it was rejected too. I contacted the moderaters and both time they ignored my message

flute
05-13-2008, 07:05 AM
Yea for a while I thought freecycle was going downhill ~ break one rule & they jump on ya ((hugs))

cpbaby
05-13-2008, 07:28 AM
I quit mine due to the extravagant Wanteds outnumbering the offers 20-1. The last straw was when I had 36 messages from Freecycle.....4 were the Files they send out ever so often/information from the Mods, 2 were offers and the rest were WANTEDS...some were ok, but the ones that pushed me over the edge were the lady who wanted to put out a big garden so she wanted someone to give her 75-100 tomato slips in a certain variety PLUS she wanted canning equipment, in like new condition, preferably never used..the one who just moved and had an empty spot in her dining room and wanted a Light Oak China Cabinet WITH China, please....the one who wanted a computer, WITH a 17" or bigger LCD monitor plus Vista and the Office Suite.........

When they sent me the form email asking WHy I was leaving, I told them exactly why and quoted emails......I offer a couple of times a month and have only ever asked for a pair of tap shoes in wearable condition and is anyone knew where I could get an electric cook stove as cheaply as possible.

iluvmybaby
05-13-2008, 09:52 AM
wanted a Light Oak China Cabinet WITH China, please....the one who wanted a computer, WITH a 17" or bigger LCD monitor plus Vista and the Office Suite....

Well, I want a computer with no VISTA tho, it sucks. Seriously though, my want was a used textbook for my local community college. My OFFER I posted was for a TV ((whenever I post a want, I have always posted a OFFER, to keep it fair))

cpbaby
05-13-2008, 09:59 AM
I know...but my Freecycle will not impose any limits on wants, or how many times you can post a want, because there is always the off chance someonem ight be looking to get rid of what you want.....like a 100 tomato slips that you bought and then thought, OH never mind.......lol

What textbook are you looking for? I have several taking up space at my house.

Willow
05-13-2008, 10:04 AM
On Friday one lady posted that she had a large bag of X-large womens clothing. I thought I could use some of it since I'm pregnant and am trying not to spend too much on maternity clothes since I can only wear it for a few more months. I was online checking my email when the offer was posted and replied to her immediately. It's now Tuesday and she has not replied to my email nor has she posted at the group to say that it was taken. When you become a member they ask that when you promise something, give it away or find it elsewhere that you post to let people know. She has done none of that. LOL

galeane29
05-13-2008, 10:09 AM
There is a 'want' on my freecycle right now where someone is asking for a specific black leather living room set. I dont even know why I'm a member on there anymore.

ahippiechic
05-13-2008, 10:15 AM
There is a 'want' on my freecycle right now where someone is asking for a specific black leather living room set. I dont even know why I'm a member on there anymore.

I'm looking for one also, maybe I should post and get one for free! :D

Jenefer3
05-13-2008, 10:43 AM
I don't even pay attention to my Freecycle anymore - it's pointless.

poggles3
05-13-2008, 12:46 PM
My freecycle mods are jerks as well, we have a shenandoah valley freecycle north and south, well south goes a good bit farther than the north does, I tried to post an want on mine and my location, they proceeded to email me saying that my post had not been allowed because of my location, stating that I should post in the south forum stating that most people would prefer to drive from the south than the north. Well, that would be all fine and good had I not just given a lady a CARLOAD of baby items from freecycle north not 2 months ago. So I have totally given up on freecycle, either one I refuse to post in the locations I wont travel to. I just dont understand, how can I not ask for something in this location but they are more than happy to let me give items away to the same location?? And how does their drive time have anything to do with my want? When I am asking for something I AM DOING THE DRIVING to pick it up, afterall freecycle doesnt come with a delivery driver.

cabby92
05-13-2008, 01:33 PM
We get posts for cars (in running order only, don't have time to work on them), computers (newer ones only, please), campers (pull behind or driving) and even a house (yeah, I know it's a long shot, but I sure would love a three bedroom house with a big yard for my kids to play in). The gives are old dishes with just a few cracks or my 13th litter of kittens this year (hehehehe). Those people just step all over my last nerve.

poggles3
05-13-2008, 01:36 PM
lol we get them for cars that run as well i gave up on freecycle

dv8grl
05-13-2008, 02:56 PM
I hate freecycle. Most the "moderators" I've run across in the 3 different states that I've used freecycle, are a bunch of power-hungry chumps.

I'd rather use craigslist. You'll still get people asking for ridiculous items, but then you get people yelling at them telling them to get a job, so its fun & entertaining! :rolling

atprm
05-13-2008, 03:05 PM
I quit freakcycle a long time ago, and don't miss it.

Craigslist is SO MUCH BETTER!!

cpbaby
05-13-2008, 04:56 PM
Craigslist may be better, but where I live, it SUCKS......I mean, nothing goes on, so there is no point to posting.

cathych
05-14-2008, 12:52 PM
on my freecycle, you cannot take the first person who responds, you have to "wait" 48 hours. Tell me, if you have a yard sale, (or if you GO anywhere there is a sale) isn't it first come, first serve? That is the most ridiculous rule I have ever heard.

DBackFan
05-14-2008, 06:02 PM
Our Freecycle basically has no rules..lol...that are followed anyway. People give away Pets, ask for labor help and advice, look for jobs..you name it. I have to admit we have hardly anyone ask for crazy things and I have gotten some really nice stuff from there. Of course I have given way more..lol

ladybugva
05-14-2008, 07:18 PM
i tend to ignore the Want b/c after my yard sale I sent every thing to amvets and don't have anything to give. I don't think I posted a offer either. I did it on craigs list b/c it was easier. I have never seen any thing work it on freecycle.

I have looked at a few offers but it's frustrating when I see "offer:nail polish" and the body of the letter says "all good" no more details. Then again she had 2 wants and 12 offers.

dangerousfem
05-14-2008, 07:39 PM
Our Freecycle basically has no rules..lol...that are followed anyway. People give away Pets, ask for labor help and advice, look for jobs..you name it. I have to admit we have hardly anyone ask for crazy things and I have gotten some really nice stuff from there. Of course I have given way more..lol

thats pretty much how mine is.. I like it that way...