PDA

View Full Version : Could someone plz help me

azrocky
05-12-2008, 01:23 PM
I am so upset, I just found out that my exbrotherinlaw took my niece and nephew and left the state with them with out telling my sister where he was moving to, I am trying to locate them, but I was wondering if anyone here has ever had to try and locate someone by using one of the detective services or people locater services on line, and if you know if there are any that are really cheap or free to use. I have his name and social # to help me try and locate him and the kids. I feel that the kids are not in any danger at this time at least because he isn't really a violent person or has never really showed any violent tendencies towards my sister or either one of the kids.
If anyone can help me I would really appreciate it. thanks so much in advance.
God Bless
azrocky

ladybugva
05-12-2008, 01:57 PM
so sorry to hear about this. Does he have any custody rights? Whey would he take the kids and run off. You sis needs to let the police know.

justme23
05-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Has she gone to the police? I don't know how all this works but I would think even if they had joint custody that he would atleast have to tell her where he is going and maintain a line of communication between her and the kids? I'm sure someone w/ kids will come in and correct me, though. Good luck.

LuvBigRip
05-12-2008, 02:08 PM
If there is joint custody or shared custody, most divorce decrees state that travelling across state lines without written permission from either the courts or the other parent is against a state statute and is considered kidnapping. If he has full custody, with full parental rights, she may not have any grounds.

lassss
05-12-2008, 02:13 PM
A parent cannot leave the state and just move. The other parent can contest it. He can however take them out of state if they are going to visit someone or on vacation unless she has it in writing that he needs per mission. I *think* it is valid in any state to contest a parent from moving the child out of state to live. I would check with domestic relations, a lawyer and the police

SLance68
05-12-2008, 03:42 PM
If they have not filed for legal separation or divorce then he is free to take his children anywhere he wants without her consent - and if she calls the police that is what they will tell her. If they are divorced or legally separated then the Mom needs to call the police if it states in the agreement that he has violated the agreement. I don't know that the police will do much since they will state it is a civil matter.

As for using one of the on line searches - you probably won't find much unless it has been a while and he has gotten a "legal" job or put the kids in school under their legal names.

Thawn
05-12-2008, 10:49 PM
Good luck.

tnfuhs
05-13-2008, 09:15 AM
If your sis has joint custody, then yes she can get him for kidnapping, she needs to call the cops. If no kind of custody is ordered, then she needs to file for custody or visitation and the state will court order him back until it is resolved. He cannot keep the children from her, she has rights to see him. I've been in that situation before, pm me if you'd like.