PDA

View Full Version : Flashback, remember talking about Alli and apple cider vinegar a few months ago?

diana_circe
05-11-2008, 08:18 PM
I was just curious as to who tried the apple cider I mentioned, what you thought of it, and if you stuck to it.

I go off it for a few months every 4-6 months and I recently started it back up again since I was going to be on my feet so much for my new job, the mix is helpful for joints too, and my knees are bad from several accidents. I was just getting ready to do my shot and got to thinking that its been a while since I heard from anyone about it.

GlitterBug
05-12-2008, 01:15 PM
I haven't tried this, but I'm curious....have you lost anything by doing this? And if so, how much and how are you using it? I've been doing the grapefruit diet...probably not the healthiest but it works. I'm going to weigh myself Friday, but so far I see a difference. I can fit into my pants that were too tight a few months ago :)

diana_circe
05-12-2008, 01:21 PM
You do one tsp of apple cider vineger, one tsp raw honey and one TBSP warm water once a day. I generally do it before lunch. I've lost 90lbs total, but its not just that, but it really does help. But I firmly believe you need to use a good vinegar, not just Heinz from the store. Bragg's is unprocessed and still has the essence of apples in it, meaning you have to shake the bottle before using because it settles. See if you can find a Bragg's pamphlet, a lot of health food stores carry their product. It really is an awesome thing.

BigLyd1
05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
But what does it do? Does it curb your appetite?

GlitterBug
05-12-2008, 06:57 PM
This is probably a stupid question....but what is raw honey?

4diego
05-12-2008, 07:35 PM
One of my daughters & I tried this and I have to say, she lasted longer than I. It was GROSS! I'd rather be fat than drink that concoction!! My daughter wont even touch the vinegar bottle now!!

ssgjeg
05-12-2008, 11:14 PM
I did try this and found that I did have more energy. Unfortunately, back then I was only getting a couple hours of sleep a night so I needed my naps and had to stop. I found that the protein gave me a lot of energy and I couldn't sleep.

The taste of the honey and vinegar didn't really bother me but my kids, after tasting it, thought that mom had lost it. I actually found the protein a worse taste than the honey and vinegar.

I also did acidophilus at meal times. It also helped to regulate my body.

All in all, I did find that I had more energy and probably lost a couple pounds. I've actually been thinking of going back to this now that the 2 y/o is finally sleeping through the night and I can finally get some sleep.

Freebeemom
05-13-2008, 04:42 AM
Natural or raw honey has a probiotic in it. This concoction helps with proper digestion. If you don't like how this tastes, take a probiotic, like Natren's Healthy Trinity. I have been taking them for about 2 yrs now and it has totally improved my digestion, and immune system. I am keeping weight off and am very happy!

diana_circe
05-13-2008, 07:18 AM
There are actually a lot of benefits to raw honey. If you can find a bee farmer within 5 miles of your home eating it can help alleviate environmental allergies.

Probiotics are more for intestinal help, where the apple cider starts helping in the stomach. What probiotics do is basically eat the bad bacteria that thrive in your intestine. Say you are on an antibiotic and you get yeast infections when you take one, its because antibiotics kill all the bacteria in your body, good and bad. Taking an acidophilus bifidus an hour or so after taking an antibiotic will reintroduce them into the intestine where they'll eat the candida (yeast) bacteria and help prevent yeast infections. It'll also help with the diarrhea. You'll need to find one that is either kept refrigerated, those are best taken when you eat so your stomach doesn't digest them before they get to the intestine, or find one that is interic coated, and those can be taken on an empty stomach because the stomach eats off the coating and the probiotics get into the intestine where they are released. And stay away from crap like activa yogurt. All yogurts have probiotics in them, its pretty much what makes them yogurt, but the sugar in them counteracts what benefits the probiotics have, and candida florishes in sugar.

Back to the raw honey. Once its processed it kills all the good things in there, which is why raw is better.

Same thing with the brand of apple cider vinegar. Not that Bragg's can be taken straight, but its not as bitter and nasty as the ones you buy in the store.