PDA

View Full Version : I survived my first week at 3M

diana_circe
05-10-2008, 07:26 PM
Barely, but I did. It didn't help matters that I am such a sucker that I put off leaving my current job for a few weeks. So I am working 10am-2pm at my old job, and then working 4pm-midnight at 3M. The day I quit 4 other people put in their notices, and two of those are already gone. I felt so bad for the team being so incredibly short that I went part time for a few weeks so they can get a couple people trained in the department. I did finally say that the 16th is my very last day.

I'm getting used to being on my feet pretty fast, and the job is a lot of details, but not too bad. I get to run heavy machinery, which I get a kick out of. And the people I work with are really nice. Its mostly guys, and I am so glad they aren't so afraid of the whole sexual harassment issue that they treat me like a co-worker and not just a woman. Of course, no one is really comfortable with me yet, I've been told I look like I'd be a b1tch, and I'm new, so people are kind of treating me with a little wariness. But I've impressed a couple of the people its important to impress, co-workers not management, so I think I'm good.

Oh, and I have discovered that I have muscles in my butt that I never knew existed :lol All the standing and lifting has made me discover quite a few muscles I forgot I had!

magickay
05-10-2008, 07:29 PM
Fantastic! Glad to hear that you are doing so well at your new job.

Unicornmom77
05-10-2008, 07:42 PM
Thats awesome!

I hope you sail right through to the 16th and then it will all seem much easier!

BeanieLuvR
05-10-2008, 07:48 PM
I knew that you could do it!! Thanks for updating.

diana_circe
05-10-2008, 07:49 PM
Yeah, once I can sleep more than 6 hours at a time it'll be easier. I get up at 7:30, or so, to kiss the kids goodbye, and then I'm up for the day. Then I get home at 12:30 and I can't just go to sleep, so I get to bed about 1:30ish.

I do have to say that while I'm sleepy come 6 or 7, I feel more energetic than I have in a long time.

Pepsi4me
05-10-2008, 07:49 PM
:congrat

I'm glad it's going well for you.

diana_circe
05-10-2008, 07:52 PM
Oh, and for all you Post-It and tattoo bandage junkies, when we have the "garage sale" I'll let you know. I can get a grocery sack full for $10, so I'll take orders. They have these hilarious bandages (can't call them bandaids at 3M since that's a trademarked Johnson product name) that look exactly like duct tape.

tsquared
05-11-2008, 05:21 AM
So are you saying the 2 in management have noticed those butt muscles??? Lmao

diana_circe
05-11-2008, 08:43 AM
So are you saying the 2 in management have noticed those butt muscles??? Lmao

LOL I don't think anyone could notice the muscles, I'm just discovering them myself.

YankeeMary
05-11-2008, 09:00 AM
I admire your ethics. You are doing a good thing for the old employeer. I hope they realize this. I hope your new job is everything you want it to be and more. I also wish your butt muscles well...hehe.

Urban Cowgirl
05-11-2008, 04:03 PM
If they are already telling you that you look like a b*tch, then they must be kinda comfortable around you.

diana_circe
05-11-2008, 04:39 PM
it wasn't them telling me that, but people I work with now have said that they were surprised I'm so nice because I look like I would be a ***** LOL

Thawn
05-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Glad your new job is working out well. Now got to sleep! LOL!

Urban Cowgirl
05-12-2008, 04:33 AM
it wasn't them telling me that, but people I work with now have said that they were surprised I'm so nice because I look like I would be a ***** LOL

LMAO Ok I am running on lack of sleep. I just thought gee-whiz...they talk to her like that!!!